2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
I hate to say it for you Aussies and Kiwis but this is the type of the bs that is why the series wont be going all that much further for too long. Other groups aren't interested for this reason I would say, strange calls somewhat favoritism to one team and their position over the past decade in the series.

I'm done with this series now I think, the PLP at the start with the data showing seemed to be a catalyst for all of this. Between this and F1 it's hard to tell who has the worse Race Control team. The Lowndes penalty was fair (although the way the wall sticks out is a bit weird imo). At the start of this season I decided to give race control another chance with Bargwana out, but it's still bad overall

Scotty didn't make it easy for himself, but that penalty call was number one ********.

The only penalty that I agree with today is the one on Simona, but even then she herself could have left some room, but on that one it was still more Scott's fault. The other two I don't agree with, and I find it strange that millions of dollars worth of equipment and data show he wasn't speeding. Then you take into consideration the damage on Scott's car and the fact he could not see Lowndes due to a damaged mirror and they just got hooked and then Craig bounces into the wall after...

Then for them just too call it like that with out even giving it time to glance over. Was absolutely disgusting.

Contact that was caused by Scott.

Your bias is absolutely mental 👎

If you can't see that, book an appointment with an optometrist.

Aren't you the Lowdnes fan? I could easily see where your bias is too on this matter but okay...only one dude is being bias here.

Every driver in that field would have done exactly what Scotty did in the same situation. There was room there, and there was absolutely no way Scotty would have known the wall stuck out like that. They made contact, it moved Craig over and just the right time for the wall to come into play. No bias here, My guys finished 4th and 5th. You obviously are missing the fact that I'm not the only one in here that has a problem with the call. And check the facebook comments as well. Exactly how many people need to see that optometrist now? Huh?

Mate, no offence, but calling him bias is like pot calling kettle black. You are probably Lowndes' biggest fan. I love Lowndesy, but this was not McLaughlin's fault.

McLaughlin was completely legal in the way he drove Lowndes towards the wall. McLaughlin was not touching Lowndes when he made contact with the wall. Lowndes then continued to put the foot in challenging McLaughlin and was caught by the protruding wall and that's where the damage happened.

Come on guys, I hate Whincup winning as much as the next guy but you can't just shove someone into the wall and expect to get away with it. Bottom line, Scotty drove terrible today. Did he deserve the title over the season? Yes. Did he drive like he deserved it today? Hell no. Sloppy moves all race long. He was lucky to have lasted as long as he did without serious damage.

And yes, the speeding penalty was BS. Supercars really need to work on a better system because it's been clear for a while the one they have doesn't work

The only penalty that I agree with today is the one on Simona, but even then she herself could have left some room, but on that one it was still more Scott's fault. The other two I don't agree with, and I find it strange that millions of dollars worth of equipment and data show he wasn't speeding. Then you take into consideration the damage on Scott's car and the fact he could not see Lowndes due to a damaged mirror and they just got hooked and then Craig bounces into the wall after...

Then for them just too call it like that with out even giving it time to glance over. Was absolutely disgusting.

Aren't you the Lowdnes fan? I could easily see where your bias is too on this matter but okay...only one dude is being bias here.
Yes, I'm a Lowndes fan but, I'm not biased in anyway that gives him a free pass for incidents that may be his fault.
I wonder if RD will accept a payment plan? :bowdown:

PLP radar is definitely out of whack.
The replay from Scott's onboard camera with telementary, shows he was doing 38 km/h.

Supercars should withdraw the PLP but, they won't.

At this rate, he won't be the last to get a PLP.
No bias here
He was trying to cover Lowndes which had a bumper on him and they made a little contact, the rebound sent Craig into the wall ending his race.
A bumper. Are you friggin serious?

Blind Freddy can see from the replay that Lowndes had more than a bumper on Scott.

If all CL had on SMc was a bumper, the #17 is the car that would've been in the wall.

Craig had numerous opportunities to play dirty team tactics but, he didn't.

So, anyone else think I'm biased?

Awww just saw the replays. That's crazy. There's a pic of the #17 as my avatar, but really, that was a racing incident any other day.

Edit" It wasn't like the banging by SVG on the restart at SMP. Then. Scott gets a penalty for turning SVG. What some are saying here, seems suspect with such a quick call. Glad I left when I did.

Bottom line, Scotty drove terrible today. Did he deserve the title over the season? Yes. Did he drive like he deserved it today? Hell no. Sloppy moves all race long. He was lucky to have lasted as long as he did without serious damage.
So that justifies being screwed over with one of the worst stewarding decisions in the history of the sport?

No one is denying Scotty drove like crap, everyone is debating the absurd penalty.

So that justifies being screwed over with one of the worst stewarding decisions in the history of the sport?

No one is denying Scotty drove like crap, everyone is debating the absurd penalty.
I sincerely hope you're referring to the speeding penalty. On that note, did you even read all of my post or just the part you wanted to nitpick with?

So Whincup is in the studio, and is shown the footage, has a laugh, then gets shown the footage of Lowndesy's car where you see him drive into the protruding part of the wall. Whincup is asked about what he thinks of that footage and briskly changes the subject.

On a positive note for me, great weekend for Nissan. I really hope that is a sign of things to come for next year. Great runs for Rick and Michael. Simona was on fire, it's a shame Scotty didn't back out of that.

And now I watch some YouTube videos to try and calm my nerves enough and attempt to get some sleep. :P

How about I go for the #78? I'll have less stress than following the #17. Well, I still have yesterday for a memory. Anyone in doubt about if this track could deliver, it did. I felt it would be like Monaco, screw that, it's like a baby Bathurst.

Back