2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,267 views
Adelaide weather looks to be sunny for the weekend. Track temp will be up there for sure.
 
I dont mind having a separate thread for each race, but Bathurst was a bit iffy. Besides, only a handful of us, comment on the main thread during a race.

F1 has like how many threads? Race, drivers, technology?

However, with the new Inside Supercars in-depth program this season, might be worth it to make a separate race thread.
 
I don't even like when they do it for F1, and if we start doing it for every series, it's just clutter on top of clutter. Nobody made a separate thread for Daytona today...

They said they'd like it to happen, not that you have to, so you could but if no one does then the world keeps spinning. By the way I agree with you, I'm just stating the reality of things.
 
I'm fine either way. It would mainly be for those that are unable to watch on race day.

Pretty much a reference thread with Highlights and a recap from Inside Supercars(which Supercars.com post on their site anyway).
 
I'm just thinking, if it's not going to reach at least 2-3 pages, it's just another useless thread in this section. Maybe for Bathurst, but not really needed for anything else.
 
fb_img_1487275017130-jpg.628246
Sneak peak from Renee Gracie.

And here's the car.

C5pVFJCU8AAygNx.jpg


Liking the silver a lot more than the white she had on the Falcon last year but still, meh.
 
And here's the car.

C5pVFJCU8AAygNx.jpg


Liking the silver a lot more than the white she had on the Falcon last year but still, meh.
Should have tried to have a similar look as Lowndes. Looks like a plain cheeseburger.
 
It looks like a cheap, generic die-cast; the kind you find in a kiosk in a shopping centre in the two months before Christmas selling "Lowndse" and "Winncup" cars.

And for that reason alone, I secretly like it.
 
It looks like a cheap, generic die-cast; the kind you find in a kiosk in a shopping centre in the two months before Christmas selling "Lowndse" and "Winncup" cars.

And for that reason alone, I secretly like it.
Indeed. Even has the shoddy gap in the bumper-fender. :sly:
 
I had a quick look to see how the circuit construction was going while I was in the city today. But I found that, unfortunately, the city council has removed the left over rumble strip curbing for the old 'Banana Bend' of the Grand Prix course. It was nice reminder of the old circuit, and that F1 did indeed race on those streets so pretty sad to see it not there anymore.
 
I had a quick look to see how the circuit construction was going while I was in the city today. But I found that, unfortunately, the city council has removed the left over rumble strip curbing for the old 'Banana Bend' of the Grand Prix course. It was nice reminder of the old circuit, and that F1 did indeed race on those streets so pretty sad to see it not there anymore.
So cars will have a faster run out of that turn.
 
And here's the car.

C5pVFJCU8AAygNx.jpg


Liking the silver a lot more than the white she had on the Falcon last year but still, meh.
A complete waste of Caltex dollars
Sorry, perhaps I was a little unclear - 'Banana Bend' was the nickname of the old old, no longer used, turns 7/8 section of the F1 circuit.
I'm glad you explained where the 'Banana Bend' is. I was lost there for a second.
 
LDM unveils Alex Rullo's livery:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/27/video-rullo-unveils-2017-ldm-commodore/

More Castrol ick on the bonnet, while Phil Munday returns as the team's primary backer.

Ew...that is just a nasty choice in colors to pair on a car, and parts of it look like it's bare skin still. What the hell, you get pay drivers but make them look like they can't afford to be there. And I'm talking about Caltex too @Pete05 put it best, complete waste.
 
Seriously, I'd like to know why this isn't his livery.
images
Simple answer: Castrol aren't tipping as much cash into this venture as what Phil Munday is.
That's why we have to look at the horrible livery Rullo has to race :yuck:
 
Only when he's being lapped.
...and this: Now you know "Crompo" & Skaife won't shut up all weekend saying and showing, "He is the youngest EVER Australian Touring Cars-Supercars Championship driver in the history of our sport!".

Might have to take bets on who's cool suit fails first.
 
Just noticed that Motors TV will have live coverage for the whole V8 season. Super news for Europian fans. :)
 
Just noticed that Motors TV will have live coverage for the whole V8 season. Super news for Europian fans. :)
Maybe we'll finally get upteen Supercars threads like F1. :sly:
 
Back