2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Yep, the Castrol bonnet logo ruins another livery.
Having seen some of the photos from SMP, it wouldn't be so bad if the entire bonnet were green (and probably the roof and boot, too). It's the clash between red and green that makes it so horrible, but the red on the doors is separated from the bonnet by the tungsten-silver colour, so it wouldn't be an issue if the entire bonnet were green.

Why can't Castrol work with the temas? I remember BMW had their sponsors in blue over the Alpine White racing colour. I think it was a reveal livery, but if Castrol kept the lettering red over white, people would still know it's Castrol.
upbimm.jpg

Why can't Castrol work with the temas? I remember BMW had their sponsors in blue over the Alpine White racing colour. I think it was a reveal livery, but if Castrol kept the lettering red over white, people would still know it's Castrol.
upbimm.jpg
One word - money.

One word - money.
I guess, but each livery looks like Castrol are a nagging mother in winter, "Don't forget your hat!"

Edit: Appearantly, David Wall was in the Nissan garage at the Sydney Test. :nervous:

Last edited:
I know people say DJRTP are highly professional. I feel the same can be said for Nissan Mortorsport. Looking at those pics, brings it all together making V8s a real part of the NISMO global program. Especially with Simona in the line up. I hope they partner her with someone really cool. My pic is Jann, but I'm thinking if not Ingall, Buncombe? i don't think Davies is locked in for the enduros.

I know people say DJRTP are highly professional. I feel the same can be said for Nissan Mortorsport. Looking at those pics, brings it all together making V8s a real part of the NISMO global program. Especially with Simona in the line up. I hope they partner her with someone really cool. My pic is Jann, but I'm thinking if not Ingall, Buncombe? i don't think Davies is locked in for the enduros.
I'd love to see Jann get the gig. The kid can drive & it goes to show just what undiscovered talent, sitting at home on the PS3 are capable of.

Unless Garry is getting rid of Moffat next year

Wasn't Golding was supposed to be Moffat's teammate this year, until Tander became available? I think unless Moffat has an absolutely stellar year, this is probably his last at GRM. Can't see Garry holding back Golding for another year.

Wasn't Golding was supposed to be Moffat's teammate this year, until Tander became available? I think unless Moffat has an absolutely stellar year, this is probably his last at GRM. Can't see Garry holding back Golding for another year.
Garry is known to place replace drivers before the year is out. We'll see.

Livery unveils for the win!
IMG_9583.JPG

Seriously, not even keeping the livery for round 1 (whichever one it is)...
Probably just a CarSales to BoatSales type of switch though.

That's the second time you've said that today. Looks like something changed in the Matrix.

Don't be Biggles, I find agreement with you more often than that, just tends to be short lived. Where as my disagreements with you tend to go on for pages.

I mean what's not to agree with here, the carsales livery is horrid, the sengled looks like it's a company car and if it weren't for the Castrol, I wouldn't see why it's called a racecar exterior wise. The car Simona is driving, might as well be blank cause that's all it will be in my mind when someone asks two years from now if I remember it. So that leaves Caruso with an actual attempt at making a race car and it does it well, especially in that picture.

Latest Posts

Back