2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
I wouldn't be surprised to see another tropical-like downfall at Clipsal next week. We've had some weird weather ever since that storm during Race 1 last year.

Hopefully we can go 4 days without a blackout too! :lol:
The weather gods are definitely on the hard stuff.
Snow fell in the Victorian Alps today - in February! And it's predicted to be low 30's in two days :odd:

IMG_20170220_225431.jpg

Mosterts 2017 Car

It's the same design/template as Winterbottom's with some extra added to the side. There's definitely a lot going on, too much really. As well as on Winterbottom's car, there's a need for a sponsor on the front bumper where the red is. Looks far too blank currently. Also seems as though the design was thought up while Hungry Jacks were still on board, who are now notably missing from both this car and the Erebus'.

Caruso should just run the vintage Nissan scheme with the blue traded for black.
NissanDuo_High_RearSmile_W1-766x510.jpg

Mozzie's car looks absolutely dreadful.

That Caruso livery looks good on the classic Skyline because it's so boxy. Doesn't work on a newer car with hardly any straight lines.

In that Mostert video, it has the Castrol sticker on the bonnet. Just ruins it.

Anyway, the McLaughlin/LaCroix pairing shouldn't have been second thought. The #12 & #17 will give the PRA cars a run. Now, if all six Fords can work together(ain't gonna happen), they can attack RBHRT. Get those cars in the winners circle!

They should've just kept the redress rule, but made changes to make sure that the redress had to be made in safe spot and doesn't hinder any other drivers. The only reason the Whincup ordeal really happened was because it unsafe and hindered other drivers.

I'm cool with the no redress. In Whincup's instance, a drive thru like what happened to Moffat, would have been the right solution.

One rule I hope is in place, backing odd the throttle. Especially when on a car's bumper at high speed. Riding the bumper is fine at corner entry and exit, but when a driver is sure to be spun around, get off it.

I feel the redress itself fine is fine, but it should be at the discretion of the stewards, not the driver.

It should be "we reviewed the incident, you can let the car by on the front straight next time by to avoid further penalty."

Not drivers mad scrambling to address with their only concern being minimized loss.

After looking at the test day photos I've decided all the PRA liveries are the worst, Mosterts is horrible worse than last year if you ask me hopefully the monster car looks the goods. GRM, Lowndes, DJRTP and the nissans all look great. RBHRT looks better on the track but still not great.

Gallery for anyone new to the VASC thread

Todd's livery is fantastic. Close to my favourite livery for this year, so far. Blanchard's car looks a lot better than I first thought.

And HSV are using silver wheels after all...:indiff:

The #6 at that angle, looks like the 2018 Commodore. Meanwhile, the pic of frosty's car, seems like an AU at the left hand taillight.

They should have kept the green from last year on Frosty's car. Now it looks like it's been sitting out in the sun too long and faded.

Most of the cars look better in the flesh than in the studio shots, especially Bright, Reynolds and the Walkinshaws. Winterbottom and the GRMs are very underwhelming.

At this point, I'd have to say Caruso's is still the best, followed by the DJRs, then Mostert, Holdsworth and Davison.

Not bad, but it would be better if the Kellys had the same design with different colours and sponsors.

BJR looking surprisingly fast. I hope DJRTP have finally got it all together because today looked good. Simona not too bad either really. People probably not showing what they have fully got yet but.

Slade then Kelly...I don't buy too much into this.

BJR looking surprisingly fast. I hope DJRTP have finally got it all together because today looked good. Simona not too bad either really. People probably not showing what they have fully got yet but.
Definitely noone is showing their true pace, but i'm looking at Simona. If she can finish each race(other than lets say, mechanical failure), qualify between 10-20 all season, move up a position or two on raw pace( I know strategy and other factors may help her, but actually fighting to overtake), I call that a win.

Back