2017 WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone - Results @ Post #110

Ireland
Dublin
Paul2007
WEC 2017 6h Silverstone Schedule.png

The time converter on the WEC site seems to be confused. It says 12:00 pm race time and when I hit convert to local it says 1:00 pm. We should be -5 hours GMT since we set the clocks ahead a few weeks ago so that would be 0700 here. I love the early races, I will have it nearly watched before the wife even gets out of bed! Got signed up for the season again yesterday since it's the only way to get coverage here, all ready for the races.

The new P2 cars in ELMS FP1 are 4.2 sec quicker than the fastest P2 lap (WEC-ESM) last year and are 2 sec faster than the 2016 Rebellion R-One LMP1.
I hope the ACO are watching very closely. When they do things to mess with the factory lmp1's and slow them down by 2 seconds a lap, the Pro guys in lmp2 are going to be just as fast.

This is only PRACTICE 1! And the ELMS guys usually aren't as quick as the WEC guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1:43's and 1:42's by the time practice is all said and done (which was lmp1-h pace last year). I wonder if they underestimated just how quick these new cars are going to be?

In other news, the Ginetta lmp1 is coming along nicely! http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/ginetta-reveals-pricing-structure-for-lmp1-car/#comment-2258439

I hope the ACO are watching very closely. When they do things to mess with the factory lmp1's and slow them down by 2 seconds a lap, the Pro guys in lmp2 are going to be just as fast.

This is only PRACTICE 1! And the ELMS guys usually aren't as quick as the WEC guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1:43's and 1:42's by the time practice is all said and done (which was lmp1-h pace last year). I wonder if they underestimated just how quick these new cars are going to be?

In other news, the Ginetta lmp1 is coming along nicely! http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/ginetta-reveals-pricing-structure-for-lmp1-car/#comment-2258439

Perhaps we will see P1 get a power boost if things continue like this for a race or two.

Personally I think come Le Mans, the p1 cars will have their track shoes on and have no issues with p2.

I can see 42-43 range for sure, Hirakawa set the fast lap on the 3rd lap of practice, and Lapierre sat out the session.

I think the lmp1's will pull away from the start with the hybrid power, but I don't know if the Porsche will be running fast laps like that with the compromise of running the LM package. They did 42's last year, but this year they cut downforce on the p1 hybrids and expect lap times to drop by 2 seconds. Of course they gain back a lot of that, but I don't know how the Porsche will compare. It'll be interesting either way.

Holy BOP batman, ELMS GTE Aston Martin is 1.5 sec quicker than old AF Corse WEC cars from last year and 2.6 quicker than a old spec 458. And this was done on a spec tire.:boggled:

Toyota currently two seconds a lap faster than Porsche. That supports Porsche being in low (ha) downforce LM mode.

CLM LMP1 finished FP2 in 3rd in LMP2.:odd:
That's only the car's second successful outing. It's also 2 seconds faster than it was last year at this point. That's a good sign that it has definitely progressed. Unlike all the lmp2 cars and the factory lmp1's, it has basically 0 testing. So every time they go out with the car it's gaining. Rossiter did 3 laps, two of those were in the 1:45's. I think they'll be ok if they can be somewhat reliable.

Toyota has my full support this season after their last years LM 24h in which they should have won

Should have? Were they owed a win or something I wasn't aware of? Or are you saying if Le Mans wasn't what Le Mans is know for, they'd have won the race? Cause no one should or gets a win just because they're running first or fastest.

Should have? Were they owed a win or something I wasn't aware of? Or are you saying if Le Mans wasn't what Le Mans is know for, they'd have won the race? Cause no one should or gets a win just because they're running first or fastest.
Yup, have to run for 24:00:00/24:00:00. 23:56:00/24:00:00 is a fail. :P :lol: Rooting for Porsche to continue their legacy. :D

In the nicest tone possible... Don't be a dick about man, you know what he meant. The fact that they were winning and doing quite well at it with only minutes to spare and then had a massive failure. It happens but there's no denying the dominance they had all race.

In the nicest tone possible... Don't be a dick about man, you know what he meant. The fact that they were winning and doing quite well at it with only minutes to spare and then had a massive failure. It happens but there's no denying the dominance they had all race.

No one is being a "dick" about anything, no I don't know what he meant. Nothing is assured in this world, neither was Toyota's win, so as I said what does "would of won mean". There is only winning and losing.

If he had said, "I really hope the best for Toyota to win and not have previous troubles". That'd make perfect sense, but to have this mentality that they are owed something still, after nearly a year. That's some soul searching or whatever that needs to be done, cause that's not how it works.

Well if the Cubs can win the World Series then why not Toyota at Le Mans?

Let's see.
Toyota is more like the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. Snake bit. Keep showing greatness, but then something weird as hell happens and it all goes up in (sometimes literal) flames.

Back