Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
No surprise about Jokanovic but Ranieri getting the job came out of nowhere.

One word about Premier League getting VAR from next season: FINALLY!

One word about Premier League getting VAR from next season: FINALLY!

Just wait until those dumb refs reverse correct decisions though, they'll be riots. :lol:

I do support it though as most major decisions will then be correct but please no drawing lines on the pitch for offside, if it's that close leave the decision (whatever it was) to stand, looking to see if someone is 1cm offside wastes too much time and makes a mockery of it all.

Kenny Dalgleish picked up his knighthood from Buckingham Palace today and Jermain Defoe picked up his OBE.

Both well deserved. 👍

Christian Pulisic will become the youngest ever USMNT captain at 20 years old today in the friendly against Italy.

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have both stepped down as Ireland manager and assistant manager.

Normal footballing stuff resumes this weekend, here are the games.

Saturday
Brighton v Leicester
Everton v Cardiff
Fulham v Southampton
Man United v Southampton
Tottenham v Chelsea (5.30 BT)
Watford v Liverpool
West Ham v Man City

Sunday
Bournemouth v Arsenal (1.30 Sky)
Wolves v Huddersfield (4pm Sky)

Monday Night
Burnley v Newcastle (8pm Sky)

No early kick-off tomorrow.

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have both stepped down as Ireland manager and assistant manager.
Yup, and we've dragged Mick McCarthy out of retirement. God forbid we show some ambition.

That said, I have to love the irony of Keane leaving to facilitate McCarthy, considering that most infamous (non-fatal) event in Irish sporting history.

I'm loving to see Real Madrid, with Modric and Varane nominated for the Ballon d'Or. They lost again today 3-0.

What a **** day for my teams.

United could only draw 0-0 at home to Crystal Palace, a lifeless performance and we have now made our worst start to a league season in 28 years!

Swansea got hammered at home to Norwich 1-4, just horrible!

Wrexham weren't doing too bad at home to Leyton Orient in a big top of the table clash, but then Orient got two goals right at the death to win 0-2.

🤬:banghead::mad:

Sol Campbell is the new Macclesfield manager, and he begins his managerial career at the foot of the Football League.

This Arsenal game is pretty boring so I'm looking at the scrabble scores of the teams.
Arsenal:
Cech 11
Lichtsteiner 13
Jenkinson 20
Holding 12
Maitland-Niles 16
Guendouzi 20
Elneny 9
Willock 16
Ramsey 11
Smith-Rowe 17
Nketiah 14

Total 159

Vorskla:
Shust 8
Perduta 10
Dallku 11
Chesnakov 20
Batista de Souza 26
Sapai 7
Sklyar 13
Sharpar 12
Rebenok 13
Kulach 15
Kolomoets 15

Total 150

They seem high. Any advances?

There is a Friday Night Football tomorrow night so here are this weekends games.

Friday Night
Cardiff v Wolves (8pm Sky)

Saturday
Crystal Palace v Burnley
Huddersfield v Brighton
Leicester v Watford
Man City v Bournemouth
Newcastle v West Ham
Southampton v Man United (5.30 BT)

Sunday
Chelsea v Fulham (12pm Sky)
Arsenal v Tottenham (2.05 Sky)
Liverpool v Everton (4.15 Sky)

Sunday looks pretty big!

New loan rules supposedly about to come in:

- Teams cannot loan out more than ~6-8 players a season
- Teams cannot loan out to the same team more than x number of times per season

Long-Term
Stops clubs collecting youth players like Pokemon cards and never using them.

Short-Term
Big clubs in particular will have large stockpiles of players they need to offload.

Test Case
From one of the worst offenders. Ever heard of Chelsea's Joao Rodriguez? Me neither.

DtPTsHnXgAA05hK.jpg

Summary

It could lead to calls of "Well our squads are too big so put them in the FL" but I really think that's missing the point. There will be a transition period as club squad sizes are reduced but once it stabilises things should be a lot better.

For those who say that these players won't get their big moves, those players who don't move who otherwise would have will instead be playing competitive first team football at different clubs. To a lower standard? Yeah. But they'll be playing. And as youth players there will always be plenty of time for them to get a move at a later date.

90-95% of all youth footballers don't make it as professionals. Being signed by Chelsea and Man City, never playing and being released seems an easy way to be cast aside and struggle to find a team. Instead, playing in your home locale, grafting away and getting signed by another team nearby possibly a division higher up, seems a better progression and a way to stay gainfully employed in a job you love.

Thoughts?

NY Red Bulls knocked out of the MLS playoffs again. 23 years in existence, 18 trips to the playoffs and not one title. :banghead:

I also just realized that Bayern currently sit 5th in the Bundesliga. How is Kovac still in charge?

Tottenham have announced the first test event at their new stadium, it will involve 6000 Spurs fans testing out the turnstiles and ticket machines on December 16th.

Arsenal v Spurs is one helluva game at half time, Spurs 1-2 up but come from behind to lead in about three minutes, one penalty for either team, bit of a dust up after Spurs equaliser.

Game of the season so far for me this. Arsenal the much better side. Ripping Spurs apart at will. Can't see it finishing twos each.

Edit: As I was saying!

Edit2: All the Spurs fans have left before the end. That's shocking!

Last edited:
Oh Jordan Pickford :(

As a Liverpool fan I like it but Everton played too well for it to end like that. And as much as I love Klopp he was completely wrong for running out onto the pitch before the game was officially over.

Edit2: All the Spurs fans have left before the end. That's shocking!
Maybe they went to test their new stadium :lol:

That Pickford goal though. Everyone had settled with it, Van Dyke was already headed back, but Jordan did not give up until its over. Classic English goalkeepet.

What was Pickford thinking! Everton didn’t deserve that. Klopp should get a lengthy ban for that. Mourinho would be getting absolutely slammed by everyone if he did that.

Derby Day recap.

Chelsea 2-0 Fulham. Pedro after four minutes and then Loftus-Cheek coming off the bench to get the winner 15 minutes from time, Fulham had some good chances but it was mostly comfortable for Chelsea.

Arsenal 4-2 Tottenham. Now this was a proper game, Aubameyang penalty after ten minutes but then Spurs got two in quick succession with a Dier header and a Kane penalty, there was a bit of a dust up after the Dier goal because of his celebration and the penalty decision was dubious but it was 1-2 to Spurs after a breathless first half, then the Arsenal comeback was on, Aubameyang with a banger, then Lacazette and Torreira with two nice strikes, Verthonghen got sent off for two yellows late on, game of the season so far!

Liverpool 1-0 Everton. Quite an even contest until the very end!, both teams had good chances, both teams missed sitters, but it was on added time to added time that Pickford made a howler and misjudged the flight of the ball to try and put it over for a corner but it hit the top of the bar twice and then came down to Origi to head it in in virtually the last kick of the game!

Back