Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just finishing off by watching Barca v Villarreal. Not the greatest game with few chances. Been a while since I watched four games in a day!

Edit: As I say that Messi plays in Alena with a beautiful slide rule pass and the youngster finishes wonderfully.

Also just seen this on the BBC. A second Europa league competition. Don't we all think the current one is a bit Mickey Mouse already? Seems like a lot of expense for some teams who are probably already going to be struggling financially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46421656

Last edited:
Painful experience to watch Barca under Valverde. He's horrible at player management. You can see it in the cases of Dembele, Coutinho or Semedo. All of them have great talent yet have suffered a lot in that team. I would imagine a good coach could find solutions for them.

:lol:

Painful experience to watch Barca under Valverde. He's horrible at player management. You can see it in the cases of Dembele, Coutinho or Semedo. All of them have great talent yet have suffered a lot in that team. I would imagine a good coach could find solutions for them.

:lol:

Didn't realise those two clowns were still around. And what has happened to Keys!

Please let it be true! Please let it be true! Please let it be true! Please let it be true! Please let it be true! Please let it be true! Please let it be true!

Ashley just been on Sky Sports News to say that talks to sell Newcastle are more advanced than ever before. Atmosphere will be cracking at the ground on Saturday if this is not more of Ashley's BS.

Luka Modric has won the 2018 Balon D'Or. Ronaldo second, Griezmann third, Messi only fifth with Salah sixth, Neymar not even in the top 10 and is 12th.

The most shocking thing is what happened during the Women's Balon D'or, it was the first ever award so it was quite historic, it was won by Sweden's Ada Hedeberg who then gave an emotional speech on gender equality, she was then asked by the host if she could twerk, not even making that up! I mean WTF?!

Luka Modric has won the 2018 Balon D'Or. Ronaldo second, Griezmann third, Messi only fifth with Salah sixth, Neymar not even in the top 10 and is 12th.

The most shocking thing is what happened during the Women's Balon D'or, it was the first ever award so it was quite historic, it was won by Sweden's Ada Hedeberg who then gave an emotional speech on gender equality, she was then asked by the host if she could twerk, not even making that up! I mean WTF?!

Seriously?!?! That's ridiculous. I can't believe that some idiot would have the nerve to ask that.

I'm sorry. What?!?!

Here I thought Ada Hegerberg was norwegian. :odd: :rolleyes:

A couple of corrections, Hegerberg is Norwegian, and it was the Swedish DJ Martin Solvieg who asked her if she could twerk, no idea what he was doing there.

Whatever, it was still disrespectful, Hegerberg made history tonight, first ever female Ballon D'or, and she's still only 23.

There is midweek Premier League action in the next two nights, was going to post the games but its a bit late now, ill do it tomorrow.

Here's the games for tonight and tomorrow night

Tonight
Bournemouth v Huddersfield
Brighton v Crystal Palace
West Ham v Cardiff
Watford v Man City (8pm BT)

Wednesday Night
Burnley v Liverpool
Everton v Newcastle
Fulham v Leicester
Wolves v Chelsea
Man United v Arsenal (8pm BT)
Tottenham v Southampton (8pm)

Kickoffs are 7.45 unless stated otherwise, BT have got two games.

Jurgen Klopp has accepted a misconduct charge for running on to the pitch during Sundays game, he has been given a standard £8k fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the Ballon D'or top 30 from 1-30.

Modric
Ronaldo
Griezmann
Mbappe
Messi
Salah
Varane
Hazard
De Bruyne
Kane
Kante
Neymar
Suarez
Courtois
Pogba
Aguero
Benzema/Bale (tied for 17th)
Firmino/Rakatic/Ramos (all tied for 19th)
Cavani/Mane/Marcelo (all tied for 22nd)
Alisson/Mandzukic/Oblak (tied for 25th)
Godin
Lloris

Courtois won Goalkeeper of the year and Mbappe won the first ever Kopa award.

Isn't he getting off rather lightly here?

Yes, in the past managers have been sent off (and therefore banned) for stepping one foot outside the technical area. Not that I'm shocked at all that he is only getting a fine.

Full times from tonight.

Brighton 3-1 Crystal Palace
West Ham 3-1 Cardiff
Watford 1-2 Man City
Bournemouth 2-1 Huddersfield

Action packed first half at Brighton which saw three goals, a Brighton sending off and a penalty.

Plenty of goals tonight.

Ralph Hassenhttl is the new Southampton boss signing a two-and-half-year deal, he lead RB Leipzig to second place in the Bundesliga at the first attempt and took Inglostadt up to the Bundesliga and kept them up....at the first attempt, he was once regarded as Wenger's replacement at Arsenal so its quite a coup for Southampton.

EDIT, Tonight's results.

Everton 1-1 Newcastle
Burnley 1-3 Liverpool
Fulham 1-1 Leicester
Wolves 2-1 Chelsea
Man United 2-2 Arsenal
Tottenham 3-1 Southampton

Much better from United who really should've won, we gifted Arsenal two goals thanks to errors from De Gea and Rojo, but it was nice to see some fight and intensity.

Fantastic result for Wolves.

Last edited:
Much better from United who really should've won, we gifted Arsenal two goals thanks to errors from De Gea and Rojo, but it was nice to see some fight and intensity.
How do you describe United's goals if not gifted? Plus Herera was offside for the first, and Lacazette had a perfectly good goal disallowed. You should be pretty chuffed with a point, I know I'm not.

I am pretty chuffed with the result, but I was more happy with the performance.

Games this weekend

Saturday
Arsenal v Huddersfield
Bournemouth v Liverpool (12.30 Sky)
Burnley v Brighton
Cardiff v Southampton
Chelsea v Man City (5.30 BT)
Leicester v Tottenham (7.45 BT)
Man United v Fulham
West Ham v Crystal Palace

Sunday
Newcastle v Wolves (4pm Sky)

Monday Night
Everton v Watford (8pm Sky)

Saturday night Football tomorrow night.

Full times.

Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool
Cardiff 1-0 Southampton
Man United 4-1 Fulham
Burnley 1-0 Brighton
West Ham 3-2 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 1-0 Huddersfield

Star man of the day is Mo Salah who got a hat-trick for Liverpool, he didn't accept his man of the match award after game as he wanted to give to Milner who made his 500th PL appearance.

Much more like it for United, although Fulham were poor, Lukaku finally broke his Old Trafford drought, Arsenal made hard work of they're win, only getting the winner in the 83rd minute.

Two more games to come tonight, Chelsea v Man City up next and then Leicester v Spurs tonight.

EDIT, Chelsea have just beaten Man City 2-0!!!

City's unbeaten run is over, Liverpool now top of the league, And we now have a title race!

Last edited:
Chelsea have beaten Man City 2-0, inflicting their first league defeat of the season. Liverpool stay top of the league by 1 point and are the last undefeated team in the league

The entire footballing world has come out in support of Raheem Sterling who suffered racist abuse from a small section of Chelsea fans when he went to retrieve the ball for a corner yesterday. The Met Police and Chelsea have both launched investigations, the incident was captured in front of the TV cameras, fortunately it wasn't picked up on the microphones, but you don't have to be a World class lip reader to figure out what was said by the fans in question.

Sterling has since put out a statement on his Instagram, saying that its the media that fuels the abuse, he has got a point as I think he gets it in the neck from the media more than any other footballer.

Salah looked rather subdued and didn't really celebrate any of his 3 goals on Saturday. Hope nothing is wrong with him.

Just finished Everton 2-2 Watford in crazy match, Richarlson opened the scoring in the 15th minute then a mad couple of minutes when a Coleman OG and Doucoure strike put Watford ahead, Foster then saved a Sigurdsson penalty and the Everton equaliser came in the form of a great Lucas Digne free kick....in the 96th minute and the virtually the last kick of the game!

Back