Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I have seen and heard of the reaction and fallout from United's hammering against Everton yesterday, I feel like I should have my say and since the game have been trying to put it into words, I don't really know where to start....

Whenever a big team puts in the sort of performance United put in yesterday it always makes the headlines and starts some sort of inquest amongst its fans and the media, this feels different. For the last six years the club has been drowning in mediocrity whilst at the same time still manages rake in the profits and revenue, Man United are still one of the richest clubs in the World regardless of what level of Football they play at be it the Champions League or Europa League, and that's obviously perfect for the owners, as long as the tills keep ringing and the Glazers keep creaming off vast amounts of lovely lucre, as long as the owners and other investors pocket £65 million in dividends in three years.

This creates a hiding place, and that is exactly what United have become in the last six years.

For all the mediocrity that has been served up since Sir Alex Ferguson retired the club, financially, has ticked along just fine, and some of the decisions that affect team matter have been appalling, not giving a manager financial backing just months after he signed a new contract with the club, giving a few players who are clearly not of the clubs standard new lucrative long term contracts, giving one player a reported £500k a week to name but a few.

On the pitch its no better, the performance yesterday is just the tip of the iceberg as there are players who lack the right attitude and the fight, there are way too many passengers in the squad and Ole should just rip it up and start a new with hopefully a good amount of financial backing, we need players who have burning desire to play for Man United and will run themselves into the ground to get win and trophies, there are very few of those sort of players at the club right now.

As for the next few games I hope Ole gives a few of the young players a chance, Such as Angel Gomes, James Garner and Mason Greenwood, who has been scoring goals for fun for the U18 and U21 this season.

This Summer is going to be huge for the club, I feel like we are at a crossroads...

Speaking of all those bad decisions Unitec have made over the years, its six years to the day that David Moyes was appointed Man United manager, he was given a six-year contract.....which still has three months to run!

Norwich could have been promoted to the Premier League today but it didn't quite work out for them, it only a matter of time though, Leeds have fallen apart a little at the worst possible time.

Tonight
Tottenham v Brighton (7.45 Sky)
Watford v Southampton (7.45)

Wednesday Night
Man United v Man City (8pm Sky)
Wolves v Arsenal (7.45)

All four of those games are big games, especially in the title race and the top four, Chelsea missed a huge chance last night, none of the four teams in the race for the top four won over the weekend.

Wow

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Everton have all played exactly 1000 Premier League games. (At least according to the Wikipedia premier league stats page)

Tottenham 1-0 Brighton
Watford 1-1 Southampton

Spurs dominated chances and possession right up till Eriksen's winner in the 91 minute, gutted for Brighton, they looked devastated as a point would've been huge for them in the relegation scrap.

Shane Long broke the record for fastest ever goal in the Premier League, he put Southampton ahead after just seven seconds. Andre Gray with a late equaliser.

Spurs now have a four point gap over fifth place and a Champions League spot is looking very good for them, Southampton six points above the relegation zone, Brighton still three points clear with a better goal difference than Cardiff.

Right then Manchester Debry tonight with huge implications for the title race on the fight for a top four place, every Liverpool supporter will be willing United to win. I just want a better performance than Sunday's, which shouldn't be too hard as it was diabolical on Sunday!

d48claix4aef_nws0jwd.jpg

Well that's the end of that. Liverpool gave it a mighty run but they're going to come up a little short. Maybe if all of the supposedly disgruntled players leave City over the summer someone else will win the title.

Man United 0-2 Man City
Wolves 3-1 Arsenal

Goals from Bernardo Silva and Leroy Sane in the second half for City, United were much better than Sunday as we actually put up a bit of a fight and some determination, but City are so much better than us right now on every area of the pitch, another blunder from De Gea for the second goal.

All Wolves goals came in the first half, Emery made seven changes to the Arsenal team which badly backfired.

City move to the top of the table overtaking Liverpool just a point clear.

Here are this weekend's games

Friday Night
Liverpool v Huddersfield (8pm Sky)

Saturday
Brighton v Newcastle (5.30 BT)
Crystal Palace v Everton
Fulham v Cardiff
Southampton v Bournemouth
Tottenham v West Ham (12.30 Sky)
Watford v Wolves

Sunday
Leicester v Arsenal (12pm Sky)
Burnley v Man City (2.05 Sky)
Man United v Chelsea (4.30 Sky)

Liverpool 5-0 Huddersfield, as you'd expect from Liverpool really, they scored inside the first minute through Keita. Salah got two and Mane got two. Oxlade-Chamberlain made his first appearance in nearly a year.

Liverpool now on 91 points, which would've been enough to win the title in all but five of the last 20-something seasons of the Premier League.

Bolton v Brentford game tomorrow has been called off due to the ongoing situation regarding the players wages, they haven't been paid March or April's wages so far and its not the first time this has happened this season either, the financial and takeover situation has been well documented this season and the players said they wouldn't play the last two Championship fixtures unless they were paid the money owed to them.

Full times.

Tottenham 0-1 West Ham
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton
Southampton 3-3 Bournemouth
Watford 1-2 Wolves
Fulham 1-0 Cardiff

Spurs lose their first game in the new stadium, Southampton v Bournemouth was mad, massive blow for Cardiff which means if Brighton beat Newcastle in a bit then Cardiff are down.

That Fulham/Cardiff game was a sloppy mess for 80 minutes then Babel scores for Fulham and Cardiff finally wakes up and decides to start playing but it was too little too late.

Brighton are down 1-0 after a Newcastle goal by Perez early in the first half.

I saw mostly the latter portions of Fulham's game against Cardiff. More importantly for Southampton, I think FFC's win kept Southampton from relegation.

Messi FC does it again. Another La Liga title in the bag. 8 out of the last 11 whew.

d5mztfaxkaeohcq3zkqq.jpg

Last edited:
Norwich promoted to the Premier League.

Also PSG lost out to Rennes in the French Cup final on penalties, Mbappe was sent off for a two-footer.

Leicester 3-0 Arsenal, Tielemans and two from Vardy for Leicester, Arsenal had Maitland-Niles sent off for two yellows but they were terrible even before the red, horrible performance from them.

Burnley-Man City is 0-0 at half time, surprisingly subdued Man City so far.

There was an incident during the Leeds-Aston Villa game that I have never seen before, When Leeds got the first goal a Villa player was fouled in the build up and whilst he was down Leeds tried to put the ball out of play but didn't....then they went on to score from that attack, immediately after that it all kicked off as Villa obviously weren't too happy so there was players squaring up to each other and all a bit of a melee and the pitch and in the dugout too, during which a Villa player was sent off, plus you could see Bielsa saying to his players 'give a goal back', and that's what happened! When it all died down and the game restarted Leeds players stood still and let Villa equalise! The game finished 1-1. Which means the play offs for Leeds Sheffield United are promoted to the Premier League.

Burnley, proper Brexit team. All hanging on them not conceding first.

Petty but kind of impressive.

Last edited:
Burnley 0-1 Man City, Aguero goal given via GLT in the second half, Scrappy win for city but it was a win.

Man United v Chelsea up next, not confident after the last few weeks. :indiff:

They showed a couple of moments from the French cup final here, Mbappé needs to break a leg in his next match, as he tried to break one on a Stade Rennes player, and was extremely surprised when he got a red card.
And Neymar was Neymar again, frusty little ****er punched a guy on the chin while walking past the fans, and he didn't know how fast he had to walk away after punching the guy.

I would love to see people like that being beaten to a pulp by a player from an opposing team who is fed up with their awful behaviour.

Iker Casillas has been hospitalised from training in Porto after suffering a Heart Attack.

Thoughts go to him and wish a speedy recovery.

They showed a couple of moments from the French cup final here, Mbappé needs to break a leg in his next match, as he tried to break one on a Stade Rennes player, and was extremely surprised when he got a red card.
And Neymar was Neymar again, frusty little ****er punched a guy on the chin while walking past the fans, and he didn't know how fast he had to walk away after punching the guy.

I would love to see people like that being beaten to a pulp by a player from an opposing team who is fed up with their awful behaviour.
Supposedly the guy Neymar punched was a racist piece of **** with abusive language towards Kurzawa.

Supposedly the guy Neymar punched was a racist piece of **** with abusive language towards Kurzawa.
As much as I'd like to say "in that case the guy deserved it" we don't really know what anyone said. The truth is if Nemar actually did or thought he did hear racist abuse, he should have moved on and reported it, instantly reacting with violence is hardly ever the right course of action.

Back