Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
instantly reacting with violence is hardly ever the right course of action.
Truth, but I can see why you would throw punches in this situation.

But this dude likes the violence approach so he may appreciate.
I would love to see people like that being beaten to a pulp by a player from an opposing team who is fed up with their awful behaviour.

4aaW5ZT.gif

Ha. And they probably won't find another sugar daddy like that. That's the end of their ambitions.

Tonight
Everton v Burnley (8pm Sky)

Saturday
Bournemouth v Tottenham (12.30 Sky)
Cardiff v Crystal Palace (5.30 BT)
Newcastle v Liverpool (7.45 Sky)
West Ham v Southampton
Wolves v Fulham

Sunday
Chelsea v Watford (2pm)
Huddersfield v Man United (2pm Sky)
Arsenal v Brighton (4.30 Sky)

Monday night
Man City v Leicester (8pm Sky)

Once Uncle Flo decides to take Mbappe and Moneymar, no amount of money will make them relevant again. It’s bad enough they can’t reach the quarterfinals.

Last edited:
Heated match in Bournemouth going on. Tottenham can secure top 4 with a win but it's just after halftime and both Son and Foyth have gotten straight red cards. Spurs down to 9 men...

Heated match in Bournemouth going on. Tottenham can secure top 4 with a win but it's just after halftime and both Son and Foyth have gotten straight red cards. Spurs down to 9 men...
Foyth was only on the pitch for 2 minutes :lol:

Upsy-downsies today!

Premier League

If Cardiff City don't beat Crystal Palace, they are relegated. [sarcasm] Sadface emoji [/sarcasm]

Championship
No games until tomorrow, and it's only playoffs left anyway.

League One
Promotion is settled, with the exception of the final playoff place - Peterborough United need to better Doncaster Rovers result to claim it.

Six teams can still be relegated.
Each of Scunthorpe United and Walsall will be relegated if they lose - Plymouth Argyle will also be relegated if they lose unless Southend United lose by eleven more goals...
Wycombe are safe with a draw (Fleetwood).
Wimbledon can be effectively safe with a draw (Bradford), unless Plymouth win by four clear goals.
Southend United need to match or better the results of Scunthorpe United, Walsall and Plymouth Argyle, and will be safe with a win unless Plymouth win by eleven more goals with Wimbledon also winning and Wycombe drawing.

League Two
Whoever wins the game between Mansfield Town and Milton Keynes Dons is promoted. Mansfield will be promoted with a draw.

If Macclesfield Town beat Cambridge United, Notts County will be relegated.
If Macclesfield Town draw with Cambridge United, Notts County will be relegated unless they can beat Swindon Town by eight goals.
If Macclesfield Town lose to Cambridge United, Notts County will be relegated unless they can beat Swindon Town.

Newcastle 1-2 Liverpool at half time, good game so far, Trent is a bit lucky to still be on the pitch.

Notts County have been relegated out of the Football League for the first time in their 131 year history, they are the Worlds oldest Football club.

Fair-play to Sol Campbell on keeping Macclesfield up. 👍

Notts County have been relegated out of the Football League for the first time in their 131 year history, they are the Worlds oldest Football club.
Their 131-year league history. They were founder members of the Football League in 1888, but the club itself is 157 years old (1862).

They're also only the world's oldest professional association football club. There are older clubs, like the amateur Sheffield FC.

I think Stoke City (1863) have replaced Notts County as the oldest Football League club.

Pretty amazing night at St James Park tonight. Great game of football, thought we were a bit unlucky to lose. Some mad scenes inside the ground. Quite a few Liverpool fans somehow (paid through the nose) for tickets in the home stands and stupidly couldn't contain themselves when Liverpool scored. Newcastle fans didn't take to kindly to this and stewards had problems keeping everything under control. One Liverpool fan who was a few rows in front of me thought it would be clever to blow kisses to the Newcastle fans as he was being led away and was lucky to get out without anything serious happening.

It all kicked off when Liverpool scored their third as what appeared to be about three throws of Liverpool fans in the expensive home seats celebrated and mocked the Newcastle fans. This resulted in lots of Newcastle fans trying to get up the stairs to get at them. Their were two policeman holding back a good 50 fans from getting to the Liverpool fans who continued to mock the Newcastle fans. Meanwhile scuiffles were breaking out all over the place as lone Liverpool fans were celebrating in the home stands.

It all calmed down until when some Liverpool fans were getting led out of the ground down the stairs as some Newcastle fan launched himself two footed over a wall to drop down onto the Liverpool fans who were being led away. However, someone tried to grab him as he launched himself but only managed to knock the top of his body downwards which meant I saw him disappearing head first down an exit into what I reckon was a 15 foot drop onto concrete steps.

All a bit mental!

Sound like there were a lot of morons in the stands who think that they need to fight to defend the honour of their team.

You need to be quite special in the head if you think that that is necessary.

Liverpool fans didn't exactly cover themselves in glory in Barcelona either...

Good news about Mo Salah is that he was up and watching the rest of the game in the dressing room, he took a blow to the head from Dubravka (accidental) and was unresponsive for some minutes and was stretchered off, he most likely wont play in the second leg against Barcelona if he has a concussion.

I was in work for the United game, and I'm glad I missed it! That was ****ing dreadful and we definitely don't deserve a Champions League place after that, massive clear-out is needed in the Summer.

Arsenal only drew with Brighton 1-1 just now, they need Spurs to lose and to win their game plus an eight goal swing on the final day next Sunday to get a top four spot now. Aaron Ramsey was in tears as he said goodbye to Arsenal after the game.

My prediction:

Man City to draw against Leicester (1-1?) but Liverpool to draw or lose to Wolves - Man City to win title...

My prediction:

Man City to draw against Leicester (1-1?) but Liverpool to draw or lose to Wolves - Man City to win title...
It's intensely unlikely but somehow, if City lose by four tonight, then win by one on the final day, while Liverpool draw 4-4 plus one extra goal for each extra City goal (1-0 & 4-4; 2-1 & 5-5; etc.) with Wolves, they'll be level on points, goal difference, and goals scored and against.

We don't have a fair-play, results-between-teams or lots system in the league, so there'll be a play-off for the title...

(I can actually see the 4-4 draw, but none of the rest)

I can see Man C resorting to panic football if the game keeps going like it is now.

And of course, as I post they score a minute later.

Last edited:
Well it was fun while it lasted. I've only been watching football for about 4 years now. Is this year's Liverpool going to go down as one of the best teams ever to not win any trophy in a season?

Leicester did what they could but it was always coming once the 2nd half started. Could have easily been 3-0 if not for some great saves by Schmeichel. If it wasn't Kompany, it would have been Aguero or Sane. Also, Iheanacho has become a joke at Leicester and could have easily leveled the tie late. Tell EA to give that kid a 1 star weak foot...

Last thought, I can't put a finger on why but I really don't like Pep Guardiola.

Chelsea have lost their appeal to they're transfer ban, they will now take their case to the Court of Arbitration of Sport.

Back