2018 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12HR - Race DiscussionSports Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 219 comments
I'm not sure, but I believe the safety car is an AMG C63S. Not quite sure because I don't think they've talked about it much...

Penalty for the 43! That's big.

#43 PLP for overlap. I saw that, wondered what would happen. There we go. :(

@-Fred- it's the E63S. They showed a piece about it. 450kW/900nM

Yeah the #13 BMW M4 GT4 was weaving, but the #43 BMW M6 GT3 clearly floored it too early.
#23 Porsche spins at the Bentley Elbow, i would say thats too much camber at the rear left.

#43 PLP for overlap. I saw that, wondered what would happen. There we go. :(

@-Fred- it's the E63S. They showed a piece about it. 450kW/900nM

Yeah I know, it's just that John Hinbaugh talks about it everytime it comes out. :lol:

WOW, amazing save from the #18 Bentley! Right front tire blew at high speed just before the Boost Mobile Chase! Must have brown pants now..

7th safety car.

Is there BoP here? Is this under the FIA? Do they use the specs right out of the box? I know nothing about Australian GT racing

Both listed as Daytona Sportscars in the entry list, so i think it is.

I looked over the entry list and saw a bunch of classes I don't recognize. What are Daytona Sportscars equivalent to in American/FIA terms?

Edit: Better yet, anyone willing to give a brief summary of all the classes?

From http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/race-information/:

WHAT ARE THE CLASSES?

There are four classes that contest the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.

Each car may have three or four drivers, while entrants in Class A must have drivers categorised by the FIA Driver Ranking System as either Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze.

For the purposes of the Bathurst 12 Hour, Platinum and Gold drivers are considered ‘Seeded’, Silver and Bronze are ‘Unseeded’.

Class A – GT3

Class A is for vehicles complying with GT3 regulations, now the most popular and successful GT category around the world and the same as major international races like the Spa 24 Hour and Nurburgring 24 Hour.

Competing brands include Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Nissan, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, McLaren, Bentley and Aston Martin – amongst others.

Class A is divided into three separate sub-classes, including:

Pro – for entries featuring all-professional drivers
Pro/AM – for entries featuring a maximum of two (2) professional / seeded drivers.
Am – no seeded Drivers are permitted. At least one (1) unseeded Driver must have a FIA licence with a bronze ranking.

Class B – GT3 Cup Cars

Class B is the domain of Porsche’s GT3 Cup Car, seen in global Carrera Cup championships around the world.

Class C – GT4

GT4 is the baby brother of GT3, for more production-based GT vehicles complying to the global GT4 regulations.

A ‘boom’ category in global GT competition, GT4 is growing in Australia with major brands keen to invest in the class and build its profile here.

The stand-alone GT4 class is set to be one of the most hotly contested ‘races within a race’ in the 2018 Bathurst 12 Hour.

Class I – Invited Cars

The invitational class is for cars deemed eligible by the organisers. Invited class cars include the MARC Cars Australia Ford Focus / Mazda 3 endurance racer and selected production based vehicles.

Class A – GT3

Class A is for vehicles complying with GT3 regulations, now the most popular and successful GT category around the world and the same as major international races like the Spa 24 Hour and Nurburgring 24 Hour.

Competing brands include Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Nissan, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, McLaren, Bentley and Aston Martin – amongst others.

Class A is divided into three separate sub-classes, including:

Pro – for entries featuring all-professional drivers
Pro/AM – for entries featuring a maximum of two (2) professional / seeded drivers.
Am – no seeded Drivers are permitted. At least one (1) unseeded Driver must have a FIA licence with a bronze ranking.

Class B – GT3 Cup Cars

Class B is the domain of Porsche’s GT3 Cup Car, seen in global Carrera Cup championships around the world.

Class C – GT4

GT4 is the baby brother of GT3, for more production-based GT vehicles complying to the global GT4 regulations.

A ‘boom’ category in global GT competition, GT4 is growing in Australia with major brands keen to invest in the class and build its profile here.

The stand-alone GT4 class is set to be one of the most hotly contested ‘races within a race’ in the 2018 Bathurst 12 Hour.

Class I – Invited Cars

The invitational class is for cars deemed eligible by the organisers. Invited class cars include the MARC Cars Australia Ford Focus / Mazda 3 endurance racer and selected production based vehicles.

All the drivers would've attended the compulsory Driver's Briefing were the Control Line & Re-Start procedure, along with everything else is thoroughly explained.

How many safety cars is that now? And we're not even halfway through. :crazy: The talk before the race about maybe cracking 300 laps has jinxed it.

Last edited:
Back