2018 Nissan Leaf

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 72 comments
Considering how Mercedes adds a very visible flap on the rear bumper and BMW has one on the front wing, maybe it's seen as desirable to have a highly visible charge port?

60kWh Leaf would be very tempting as a compliment to the Ampera. However, the nose mounted charge point is a big issue on my driveway. Going to need a long cable...

Also, seen Nissan talk about their 1-pedal driving style, using heavy regen. I do that already in the Ampera...

I don't think I'm as critical of the styling as many. Nothing a small refresh can't resolve and definitely isn't as gawky as the Leaf.

VXR
Considering how Mercedes adds a very visible flap on the rear bumper and BMW has one on the front wing, maybe it's seen as desirable to have a highly visible charge port?
Given how poorly it's integrated into that front end I'd say it's necessity rather than anything else. The first-gen Leaf at least made a design feature of it by placing the nose badge on it.

And yeah, the one-pedal thing is just clever marketing. You can drive with one pedal in an i3 too, and I think Teslas also.

The e-Golf has a very good one-pedal-system.

You better use the "translation button". :P

I personally think the new Leaf looks pretty good in the “Yes, I look like a tiny Murano” sort of way. It seems like they identified the pressure from the Bolt and Model 3 and acted accordingly... From finally having an infotainment system with Apple Car Play, extra sound deadening, refined materials - and a lower price! Considering that you’ll likely be able to buy the new Leaf for somewhere around $20k after all of your federal, state, and local incentives in places like LA or SF, it seems like a screaming good deal.

It's a typical Japanese styling. It doesn't look strange, compared to the previous Leaf.

250 miles on one charge, is a huge improvement.

I find the new LEAF as a massive improvement over the bulbous old model, the tech loaded into it is even more impressive. In terms of desirability in this price range, it is up there with the Tesla Model 3.

I'm not feeling the new Leaf looks-wise. Granted I've never been much a Nissan person, the previous Leaf was a very nice car. I see a few Leafs/Leaves from time to time. On the other hand, I am kind of fond of its side profile and rear design.

Your first post and you decide to troll the Leaf thread?

LOL :lol: nah just adding new information for affordable cars man. Nothing to do with Leaf. I find Nissan Leaf very affordable but does it compensate with the quality of the car? The Leaf has better EV range than many plug-in hybrids, but it falls short of the range of pure EVs like the BMW i3 and all-new Chevrolet Bolt. For me it's okay probably 50/50.:cheers:

2017-nissan-leaf-nismo-concept-1.jpg
2017-nissan-leaf-nismo-concept-3.jpg
2017-nissan-leaf-nismo-concept-8.jpg

Nissan has the chance to be a game changer in the hot hatch segment if it implements four wheel drive and ludicrous mode into the Nismo LEAF! :embarrassed:

I was expecting it to look a bit of a mess, but that actually looks REALLY good. Just imagine this with proper hot hatch performance.

Nissan has the chance to be a game changer in the hot hatch segment if it implements four wheel drive and ludicrous mode into the Nismo LEAF! :embarrassed:
That will be awesome but I doubt they will do any real performance upgrades, seeing the last few NISMO models had no performance upgrades.

The styling reminds me a little bit of the Honda Civic Type R.

Last edited:
Australia wont get this.

Nissan has pulled out of the small car segment here.

Only things they sell are 4x4s, SUVs, Pickups, GTR and Z34.

I'm still not a fan of the styling, but I do like the idea of a Nismo Leaf. Most standard EVs right now are a bit short of attitude, but this has a bit more personality than most.
That will be awesome but I doubt they will do any real performance upgrades, seeing the last few NISMO models had no performance upgrades.
Which ones? I've only driven the Juke Nismo RS and 370Z Nismo of the more recent cars, and both of those featured performance, chassis and trim upgrades over the standard cars.

Which ones? I've only driven the Juke Nismo RS and 370Z Nismo of the more recent cars, and both of those featured performance, chassis and trim upgrades over the standard cars
The Sentra had no power increase over the Turbo model, only "performance" parts they add was suspension and brakes. The Note e-power (Japan only) no info on power increase. And their last car they shown the X-Trail which is just a styling package.

The Sentra had no power increase over the Turbo model, only "performance" parts they add was suspension and brakes. The Note e-power (Japan only) no info on power increase. And their last car they shown the X-Trail which is just a styling package.
I think they learned their lesson with the current Sentra Nismo (they really should have asked for more input - they wanted mine and then never came for it). Even as a Nissan employee I went elsewhere when I saw how it was coming along. The new Sentra is coming out in a couple years and fingers crossed their plan for multi-link rear suspension gets finalized. There are plans for another Nismo, and I think it will be night and day difference.

Back