2018 Nissan Leaf

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 72 comments
And yeah, the one-pedal thing is just clever marketing. You can drive with one pedal in an i3 too, and I think Teslas also.
I forgot to report back on me being wrong about the above.

Well, ish. It's still clever marketing, but there's some clever engineering behind it too. It's definitely more one-pedal than other one-pedal driving I've done in other cars.

The regen is much more aggressive in E-pedal mode than in other EVs I've driven, to the extent it feels like there's a constant drag from the motor when you're accelerating or holding a certain speed. What this means is that you get a very good idea of how much retardation you'll get based on how much you lift your foot. It's very linear - pretty much like applying or releasing the power on the trigger for a slot car. That, and the Leaf blends the friction brakes in over the last few feet so you stop completely and smoothly. The accelerator pedal is very precise too, so you can be ultra, ultra-precise with manoeuvres.

I liked it. Still not overly keen on the styling, and it's not much of a cornering machine, but the Nismo fixes the first thing to a degree and will probably fix the latter too.

Not sure if Nissan have a plan, but lots of reports on SpeakEV that there aren't many bargains available on the new model. Hope that changes quickly.

I forgot to report back on me being wrong about the above.

Well, ish. It's still clever marketing, but there's some clever engineering behind it too. It's definitely more one-pedal than other one-pedal driving I've done in other cars.
Out of interest, have you driven an Ampera in 'L'?

Out of interest, have you driven an Ampera in 'L'?
Many moons ago. I remember the regen being pretty strong, but not to the same degree as the new Leaf. The Leaf's pedal feels like there's constant resistance against it trying to slow you down, which I've not experienced in anything else with strong regen (Teslas, i3s and the like). I think I used the friction brakes maybe once on a 20-minute drive.

Nissan to make the Nismo Leaf for Japan
Not the least of them is an ECU recalibrated for better acceleration response. It also features a retuned suspension with 18-inch alloys with grippier tires, reworked electric power-steering system, and aerodynamic enhancements to offer increased downforce without compromising the Leaf’s slippery drag coefficient.

Other upgrades include new bumpers (front and rear), a new grille, LED daytime running lights, and a smattering of Nismo emblems inside and out. The interior’s also been enhanced with a sportier steering wheel, wrapped in Alcantara and leather with a red center mark. The shifter, instruments, upholstery, and other trim are also unique to the Nismo model.

For better or worse, Nissan says it has “no plans to bring the LEAF NISMO to markets other than Japan,”

CarScoops

a818aaf3-nissan-leaf-nismo-22.jpg
8872a3c1-nissan-leaf-nismo-24.jpg
972b5160-nissan-leaf-nismo-23.jpg

216bed30-nissan-leaf-nismo-13.jpg

9d3ec143-nissan-leaf-nismo-17.jpg

70912de1-nissan-leaf-nismo-14.jpg

614eb87f-nissan-leaf-nismo-15.jpg

c1cb7942-nissan-leaf-nismo-18.jpg

f2a274be-nissan-leaf-nismo-19.jpg

0f17769c-nissan-leaf-nismo-16.jpg

10b78edf-nissan-leaf-nismo-20.jpg