2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official now, Ancelotti is the new Everton manager.

Ancelotti and Arteta will be watching their new teams meet today from the stands as Ferguson and Ljungberg lead their last games as caretaker managers.

Both will probably have fun delving into the transfer market in January. Maybe Arteta can snipe a few defensive targets Pep had at Man City :lol:

I saw a clip of Ancelotti at the Everton match sat next to the owner in the stand shaking his head. Maybe contemplating was he has got into. The £11.5m a year may compensate for the large hob he has on his hands. :) :lol:

Great results for Burnley and Southampton today. Much needed points. :)

It was very hard staying awake during that Arsenal v. Everton match. Ancelotti and Arteta have their hands full.
I think we all knew that, but know they have to deal with it. ;) It's going to be interesting to see what impact they both have.

Last edited:
Todays results.

Everton 0-0 Arsenal
Brighton 0-1 Sheffield United
Aston Villa 1-3 Southampton
Norwich 1-2 Wolves
Bournemouth 0-1 Burnley
Newcastle 1-0 Crystal Palace
West Ham P-P Liverpool

Almiron actually did something and scored a late winner for Newcastle, big win for Southampton over Villa who are now in a bit of trouble, Sheffield United had two goals ruled out via VAR.

Man City v Leicester is on now, as is Liverpool's Club World Cup final against Flamengo.

This referee in the Club World Cup is useless. He is either terrible or being paid off in Flamengo's favour because Liverpool are having so many decisions go against them, or not be awarded here. They just had two fouls in the opposing box being ascribed as a foul by Henderson, and Mane just got a Yellow Card for escaping a Rugby tackle by a Flamengo player.

City 2-1 Leicester at half time, good game so far, its all City but Leicester's goal came from Vardy after a counter attack.

1966 World Cup winner Martin Peters has sadly passed away, he was the player who scored the other goal in the 1966 final.

Liverpool awarded a penalty on the edge of the box. Really tenuous as to whether it's a pen or free kick. Referee goes to look at his VAR screen to determine where it happened, and after an age chalked it off as a clean tackle somehow...

Complete joke and fix this game has been in Flamengo's favour.

Man City 3-1 Leicester.

Vardy scored from a great counter attack but apart from that City battered Leicester, City's goals came from Mahrez, a Gundogan penalty after Sterling was brought down by Pereira (a bit dubious that one) and Jesus got the winner from a surging De Bruyne run. This was arguably a bigger game for Man City that it was for Leicester and the players all stepped up, emphatically!

I'm not sure the ref in the other game is actually a ref!!

Milol

milan-biglia-sciarpa-we-are-so-rich.jpg

Watford 2-0 Man United
Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea

Yet another disaster-class by United, poor in the first half then another mistake from De Gea led to Watford's opener, and a Deeney penalty made it two, so we beat Tottenham and Man City in the space of a few days and now lost to a team who prior to today had one league win this season!

Spurs-Chelsea was entertaining and a great performance from Chelsea, two goals from Willian, a banger and a penalty in the first half, Son got himself sent off for kicking out at Tomori in the second half and sadly the game had to be stopped because Rudiger said he heard some monkey chants so they had to get a message out to the fans to stop, in fact there were three messages in total.

Watford 2-0 Man United
Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea

Yet another disaster-class by United, poor in the first half then another mistake from De Gea led to Watford's opener, and a Deeney penalty made it two, so we beat Tottenham and Man City in the space of a few days and now lost to a team who prior to today had one league win this season!

Spurs-Chelsea was entertaining and a great performance from Chelsea, two goals from Willian, a banger and a penalty in the first half, Son got himself sent off for kicking out at Tomori in the second half and sadly the game had to be stopped because Rudiger said he heard some monkey chants so they had to get a message out to the fans to stop, in fact there were three messages in total.
United's weakness is that they are a counter attacking team. They play well against teams that give them a chance. That's the top five. Everyone else have to be broken down. United can't do that. They aren't good enough to do it.

Absolutely bang on from Neville, only for Sky to crap themselves when they should be backing him up.

On a lighter note.

Good from GNEV

“These are the views of Gary Neville and not of Sky Sports”

The comment solidifies the huge problem of racism in the UK.

I can not believe someone actually told him to say that and that he actually said it.

There are games on Boxing Day and over this coming weekend, I'll post all the games tomorrow as I probably wont be on here on Christmas Day.

The Boxing Day games are on Amazon Prime.

So here are the games for Boxing Day and this weekend.

Boxing Day
Aston Villa v Norwich
Bournemouth v Arsenal
Chelsea v Southampton
Crystal Palace v West Ham
Everton v Burnley
Leicester v Liverpool (8pm)
Man United v Newcastle (5.30)
Sheffield United v Watford
Tottenham v Brighton (12.30)

Thursday 27th December
Wolves v Man City (7.45)

All games on Amazon Prime.

-----------------------------------------------------

Saturday 28th December

Burnley v Man United (7.45 BT)
Brighton v Bournemouth (12.30 Sky)
Newcastle v Everton
Norwich v Tottenham (5.30 Sky)
Southampton v Crystal Palace
West Ham v Leicester (5.30)
Watford v Aston Villa

Sunday 29th December
Arsenal v Chelsea (2pm Sky)
Liverpool v Wolves (4.30 Sky)
Man City v Sheffield United (6pm)

Merry Christmas everyone! :cheers:

Todays results.

Tottenham 2-1 Brighton
Chelsea 0-2 Southampton
Aston Villa 1-0 Norwich
Everton 1-0 Burnley
Bournemouth 1-1 Arsenal
Crystal Palace 2-1 West Ham
Sheffield United 1-1 Watford
Man United 4-1 Newcastle

Chelsea's bad run continues, the Ancelotti era at Everton starts with a win whilst Arsenal get a point on Arteta's managerial debut, nice win for United who went behind to Matty Longstaff's strike but then we ran riot scoring three in quick succession as it went 3-1 into half time and Martial scored twice, Mason Greenwood scored a banger.

Leicester v Liverpool to come tonight.

West Ham's Michail Antonio crashed his Lamborghini Huracan in to some bin sheds on Christmas Day, whilst dressed as a snowman!

Wolves 3-2 Man City.

What a mental game this was, first Ederson gets himself sent off for a challenge on Jota outside the box after just 11 minutes, Man City were then given a penalty which had to be re-taken because of encroachment in the box so Sterling stepped up again and missed again only to score the rebound, Sterling then got his and City's second in the second half...then the comeback started with goals from Traore, Jimenez and a 89th minute winner from Doherty got Wolves the win and they have now done the league double over City.

it was VAR-heavy as well with long delays over the penalty incident and the encroachment. it means City remain 14 point off top and Liverpool still sitting pretty 13 points clear going into he weekends games.

Todays Results

Brighton 2-0 Bournemouth
Newcastle 1-2 Everton
Watford 3-0 Aston Villa
Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace
Norwich 2-2 Tottenham
West Ham 1-2 Leicester
Burnley 0-2 Man United

Manuel Pellegrini has been sacked from his post at West Ham, they have been in poor form and lost to a Leicester team that had nine changes to its team from Boxing Day.

Wolves have a player called Max Kilman?

Is Hideo Kojima his dad?

Haha. No shame.

Todays results

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
Liverpool 1-0 Wolves
Man City 2-0 Sheffield United

Arsenal were 1-0 up and looking good but then fell apart in the second half, another VAR heavy game involving Liverpool this time Wolves had a goal ruled out for one of those marginal offside calls, standard City win over Sheffield United.

West Ham have re-appointed David Moyes as new manager and Norwegian wonderkid Erling Haaland will join Borussia Dortmund in January.

standard City win over Sheffield United.
After losing 5 games already, I don't think City are having standard wins this season.

West Ham have re-appointed David Moyes as new manager and Norwegian wonderkid Erling Haaland will join Borussia Dortmund in January.
Everton don't go back to Moyes, or Allardyce, yet West Ham go backwards with Moyes. :rolleyes: Who'd have thought Everton were more ambitious than the West Ham owners. :eek: :lol:

Erling Haaland was being touted as going for very high prices, yet goes to Dortmund for just £17.1m (€20m). :boggled: Did no journalist bother to ask if he had a buyout price! :rolleyes: :lol: After all the hype I hope he is a success in Germany. It will be a step up from Austria.

Here are the games for New Years Day tomorrow.

Brighton v Chelsea (12.30)
Burnley v Aston Villa (12.30)
Newcastle v Leicester (3pm)
Southampton v Tottenham (3pm)
Watford v Wolves (3pm)
Man City v Everton (5.30)
Norwich v Crystal Palace (5.30)
West Ham v Bournemouth (5.30)
Arsenal v Man United (8pm)

Thursday
Liverpool v Sheffield United (8pm)

All games are live on BT Sport.