• Lance Stroll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kimi Raikkonen

• Alexander Albon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was the first time I got to hear Karun and I have to say I really liked him.

I actually don’t mind him, but we haven’t had that many rolls since Fernando’s crash a few years back. He also seemed to think that Hamilton was being shown preferential treatment by being brought in first with Bottas leading. In reality, Hamilton was being made the guinea pig, and it pretty ruined his chance at victory.

Finally they get a podium. I'm so happy for them and hope this is a sign for things to come.

kf3l21xlepjnkttze7se40vk2f.jpg

One year into this ESPN deal and I’ve just about had it with David Croft. His number one focus is clever, witty banter rather than just calling the race. On more than one occasion, he got teammates confused, and several times he just seemed to not be paying attention—such as when we all saw the front wing come off of Kubica’s car on replay and Croft immediately said Kubica had hit Riccardo’s discarded wing, even though the collision was quite far down the track from Riccardo’s incident.
I've gotten fed up with him for years. I watched a few Channel 4 races last year when they had some live and it was refreshing. Especially in the races Brundle wasn't in like Baku.

Daniel Ricciardo post-race in the pen:

'If you don't please yourself, what's the point in coming?'

:lol:

And also Ricciardo post-race (referring to the reporter standing behind him) :

'I can't concentrate, she's talking too loud. She should shut the ____ up.'

And you can hear the press center burst into laughter in the background.

Well Honda did great so far, but one race doesn’t undo 3 years of absolute garbage.

2018 had 3 engine related retirements out of 44 starts... surely that's more reliable than Renault? They used a lot of parts because of the way they played the pool, and their Spec 3 performance was surprisingly good. Not sure I'd call it garbage - in hindsight it looks like a well-made plan that benefitted them very well.

I had Vettel winning, but thought Hamilton would clench it. Glad to see Bottas showing some fight though (I WANT 26 POINTS!!). I hope it holds up for the rest of the season.

I know it's only the first race, but what happened to Ferrari? Weird. No pace. Shame Leclerc had to hold up behind Vettel.

Gutted at Ricciardo's luck at home.

Good to see Honda back on the podium, even if it's not in a McLaren..

Speaking of... Sainz took his sweet time getting out of his. What was he doing... posting on social media? "lol car on fire brb #wtbmarshmallowspst" /selfie

Glad F1's back, but Croft and Brundle can suck it. Something about those two...

Renault engines at its best... the saga continues and McLaren keeps underachieving.
Williams... Just heartbreaking. It's so sad to see Frank's life journey going down like this.
Max, my favourite. I just love that kid. Brilliant race, almost had Hamilton. He's growing up, he's becoming world champ stuff.
Ricciardo.... I don't know. The talent is there but he's on descending curve now.

Sadly the MENA broadcast shenanigans means that this year we won't get English commentary. While I won't miss Kravitz or croft -- Brundle offered some decent insight. The plus side though? F1 is free to air here. Mega news.

Impressive stuff from Bottas and Max.

In hindsight, Hamilton covering Vettel was a waste of time but was that enough to explain the gap, coming in too early and being on the same tyres for too long? Only watched the shorter C4 highlights and the gap was suddenly huge.

Max's overtake on Vettel for third was pretty big and the Red Bull/Honda partnership is off to a great start.
Pierre though, bad performance. How many times last year did a Red Bull start at the back of the grid and get 10+ overtakes? For Pierre to only make one successful pass in that situation is really disappointing
Lando really impressed me, he didn't score points, but he put that McLaren way further up the grid than I thought he could, and manages to overtake on hard tires.

So in only their first race together, Red Bull/Honda score a podium finish (Honda's first since Britain 2008 as a team).

A podium finish. Something that the 21st century pairing of McLaren/Honda never achieved in 3 seasons...

The highest they ever achieved in that time was 5th place three times (Hungary 2015, Monaco and USA 2016).

Granted it doesn't tell the whole story but, when you see it typed out like that...

giphy.gif

The 2020 Red Bull Honda is gonna be something special. Both partners know this year is just the beginning but Honda is pretty clearly doubling down on their investment in their program, and Adrian Newey was pretty open in his book about being burnt out with the state of things as they were before. I expect he's already at the drawing board for next year

When I heard the news about Red Bull changing to Honda engines, I wasn't very happy. After seeing all the issues with McLaren, I didn't think that they could possibly get good results. So in a way I was happy that Ricciardo left, but this view has definitely changed. Maybe McLaren was part of the problem rather than the solution, however a lot of work has been done to improve the engine's reliability and power. The package that Red Bull are running is far better than anything McLaren had at their disposal.

Renault have the funding to be a top F1 team, they have the driver lineup already in place. 2021 regs (if they come through) could reset the field. Maybe Danny never wins a race again, but maybe he played a smart bet and will end up with a world championship 2-4 years from now

Back