2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
Even if the Bengals did draft Tua, he'd be hurt in no time flat thanks to the atrocious o-line.

And yes, I can't wait to see the Bengals / Dolphins game. It's sure to be a barn burner!

Last night, the New York Jets' side of the scoreboard was stuck on 0 as New England won 33-0. So much for the Jets pulling an upset on the defending champs.

Time for Week 8! How are your favorite teams doing so far? Here are some of this week's matches:

* WAS Redskins at MIN Vikings (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CIN Bengals vs. LAR Rams (game played in London, England, UK)
* GB Packers at KC Chiefs (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* MIA Dolphins at PIT Steelers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Bye Week Teams: Baltimore and Dallas

So this week, maybe the biggest match of these featured ones will be the Packers paying a visit to Arrowhead Stadium. Meanwhile, the Miami Dolphins will try to knock down their first win of the season by going to the Steel City in the next Monday Night Football game.

Speaking of Miami, I heard one Miami player got ejected 31 seconds into their most recently played game at Buffalo for throwing a punch. Another player on MIA got disciplined for his actions regarding spitting on an adult fan and threatened to do the same to a 13-year old fan. Things spiraling out of control for Miami. Can Miami win? Here are Miami's next five games after Pittsburgh (no dates included): New York Jets, at Indianapolis, Buffalo, at Cleveland, and Philadelphia.

The Cincinnati Bengals are the other winless team so far this season. Remember when the other Ohio NFL team (Cleveland Browns) had their winless season? Cincy may be doomed to finish winless on their own end. Cincinnati will meet the Los Angeles Rams this week in London, England, UK. They will be on their Bye Week after the at Rams game. Here is Cincy's next five games after the Rams: Baltimore, at Oakland, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, and at Cleveland.

I hope your favorite team or teams is/are doing well this season. Enjoy Week 8!

[UPDATE/OMISSION] CIN vs. LAR played in London.

Last edited:
49ers trade for WR Emmanuel Sanders from Denver. Still waiting to hear confirmation of the terms. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick next year.

Tonight from Minneapolis, Minnesota; Thursday Night Football kicks off the new week of NFL Football this week as the 5-1 Minnesota Vikings welcome the 1-6 Washington Redskins. Washington is hoping to keep the good vibes going even while the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball currently hold a 2-0 World Series lead over the Houston Astros. It's NFC East meets NFC North.

Enjoy tonight's action if you'll be watching or following in some capacity!

Another Sunday of NFL football is ready to go in full anger! Whether the action takes place in the United States or in the United Kingdom (CIN vs. LAR), enjoy today's games! The Sunday Night game is GB at KC.

Just the usual with the Bengals, losing this time to the Rams in London. Now 0-8. If they somehow find their first win their next time out, they will tie the Reds' start to the MLB season earlier this year at 1-8. Great time to be a Cincy fan!

The Houston Texans beat MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders 27-24, but this one was ugly injury-wise. Play of the game (to me) was Deshaun Watson throwing a Touchdown pass even as he was almost sacked and got accidentally kicked in his left eye by an Oakland defender. The Texans had to settle for a lot of field goals but still managed to pull one out to improve to 5-3 on the season. Every other AFC South team won today, so the Texans needed this win to keep pace. Speaking of the AFC South...

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're going to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars... in London, England, UK! Yes- for the first time in franchise history, the Houston Texans will play in the United Kingdom. We're no stranger to playing outside of the United States, especially when we played in Mexico City against the Oakland Raiders on a Monday Night. Texans invade the UK next Sunday!

Congratulations to all other winners from Sunday, including both the 49ers and Patriots remaining unbeaten.

[OMISSION] J.J. Watt is done for the season with a shoulder injury suffered during the OAK at HOU game.

Last edited:
Dolphins at Steelers TONIGHT!

The Monday Night Football match this time around features two AFC teams. This MNF match takes place in the Steel City. On paper, this is not really any exciting match- both teams have a combined record of 2-10. I've grown fond of the city of Pittsburgh of late personally. Anyhow, in vogue tonight are the Miami Dolphins of the AFC East and Pittsburgh Steelers of the AFC North. The Dolphins are trying to finally get their first win of the season with their current 0-6 record. They are also dead last in the AFC East. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, is 2-4 and 2nd in the AFC North. So tonight isn't a match of playoff contenders or teams currently with impressive seasons. Still, at least this is a chance for Miami to possibly get their first win of the season. Who will win? We'll find out once this game gets underway!

For bettors, PIT is favored by 14, and the Over/Under is 43 points. So choose wisely if you're into this one.

Go enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following! By the way, I updated my previous post to note that J.J. Watt is done for the season with a torn pectoral muscle.

Detroit managed to win another game. Still don't think they'll be above .500 by the end of the year, but that win is a plus.

At best, I could see the Detroit Lions as an NFC Wild Card team. I don't think they're going to win the NFC North, but if they cn consistently play winning football, this will be a 2019 postseason team.

The Miami Dolphins were leading 14-10 at the half at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Scoring 14 points is enough to defeat Pittsburgh, right? Wrong. Pittsburgh took the lead and never looked back to a 27-14 victory. Miami STILL winless.

And with that, we are now in Week 9. But before we discuss Week 9's matches, here is a Standings Update. Find your favorite team(s) in this update:

--- AFC: Into Week 9 ---
AFC EAST: New England (7-0), BUF (5-2), NYJ (1-6), MIA (0-7)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore (5-2), PIT (3-4), CLE (2-5), CIN (0-8)
AFC SOUTH: Indianapolis (5-2), HOU (5-3), JAX and TEN (4-4 each)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (5-3), OAK (3-4), LAC (3-5), DEN (2-6)

--- NFC: Into Week 9 ---
NFC EAST: Dallas (4-3), PHI (4-4), NYG (2-6), WAS (1-7)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay (7-1), MIN (6-2), DET (3-3-1), CHI (3-4)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (7-1), CAR (4-3), TB (2-5), ATL (1-7)
NFC WEST: San Francisco (7-0), SEA (6-2), LAR (5-3), ARI (3-4-1)

There is still a lot of season left to turn things around or improve your position. So don't give up!

Here are some of Week 9's matches:

* SF 49ers at ARI Cardinals (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* HOU Texans vs. JAX Jaguars (game played in London, England, UK)
* NE Patriots at BAL Ravens (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* DAL Cowboys at NYG Giants (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WK. 9 BYE Week Teams: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Rams, and New Orleans

How about that for a Halloween game? Arizona looks to trick San Francisco on Halloween. And for the first time in franchise history, the Houston Texans will play in London. We played in Mexico City before, but this will be our first visit to London playing at Wembley Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars. New England will try to stay undefeated when they travel to Baltimore (or "B-More" as some call it). The cap to this week will be the other Texas NFL team going up to East Rutherford, NJ to meet the New York Giants.

Again... the Texans vs. Jaguars game will be at 9:30 AM EDT, which is 8:30 AM CDT for me. It will be interesting seeing the Texans go international this weekend. So London... we're the Houston Texans of the National Football League. Get to know us. We hope we can put on a show in London in our first game in London. We're bringing the Texans to London, but I don't think we can bring our tailgating and stuff to London. As you may know, football and tailgating are religion here in Texas. Besides this, the Texans have to win this game to keep up their AFC South standings.

Other than that, enjoy some NFL action this week! Hopefully your favorite team(s) win this week if they play this week.

Funny story about sunday's game:

I catched the game (Raiders-Texans) late in the day and noticed my Raiders were winning, and said "Yay! They are winning". My mom was near and heard me, and said "It's just the 2nd quarter, still plenty of time for them to lose"...

Yeah.... even my mother, who doesn't follow the NFL at all, knows my team is trash... :lol:

I heard in that OAK at HOU game on how much the Oakland Raiders have traveled before they'll finally play in Oakland after logging so many miles. I honestly feel sorry for Oakland.

Meanwhile, what's up with Miami and Cincinnati? I may like or hate teams, but I almost never want to see a team finish a season winless. You would hate to prepare to make a statement each season to ultimately win no games at all. Even I as a Houston Texans fan would feel gutted seeing the Dallas Cowboys or Tennessee Titans go winless. Miami is 0-7. Cincinnati is 0-8. Something's got to give, and hopefully these two teams will get out of their losing funk. Here are the remaining schedules for MIA and CIN:

* MIA Remaining Schedule: NYJ, at IND, BUF, at CLE, PHI, at NYJ, at NYG, CIN, at NE
* CIN Remaining Schedule: ~Bye Week~, BAL, at OAK, PIT, NYJ, at CLE, NE, at MIA, CLE

So if the Dolphins and Bengals remain unbeaten before they eventually meet in Miami, on December 22; it will set up one team getting a Christmas gift they so would want- a win. That is, of course, unless Miami and Cincinnati end their contest with a draw. These two right now are basically playing for the top draft pick in the 2020 NFL Draft right now. Hopefully these two teams can get it together.

On the other side of the spectrum, most people are probably thinking Super Bowl LIV would come down to San Francisco and New England right about now. Both teams have been baller so far this season. I am uncertain as to who could actually trip up either team. I also wouldn't know which team would lose first. Remaining schedules:

* NE Remaining Schedule: at BAL, ~Bye Week~, at PHI, DAL, at HOU, KC, at CIN, BUF, MIA
* SF Remaining Schedule: at ARI, SEA, ARI, GB, at BAL, at NO, ATL, LAR, at SEA

Based on this list, the most likely loss for either team could be when San Francisco goes to New Orleans. They might even lose hosting Green Bay or going to Baltimore. New England could lose at Baltimore, hosting Dallas, or maybe at my Houston Texans. I think New England has a tougher road ahead than San Francisco. There is a small chance either or both the Patriots or 49ers will win out.

At least... this is all I think. What say you?

The Lolphins best chances for a win will be vs. the Jets (they can defeat them at least once) and vs. the Bungles.

As for the Bungles... their best chance will be also against the Jets and the Lolphins. Even getting at least 1 win against the Browns is possible.

Either way, I don't see any of these 2 teams getting more than 2 wins this season... IF they win at all...

Both San Francsico and The Empire will end up losing at some point.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Dalton has been benched, clearing the way for Ryan Finley to make his debut against the Ravens after they come off the bye week. And A.J. Green did NOT get traded, much to the surprise of...absolutely nobody at all in the Cincinnati area. Typical Bungles front office. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm a huge fan of A.J., but he isn't part of the future of the club. He's getting kinda old (hard to say at only 31 years of age) and has been injury prone as of late. He's a free agent at the end of the year, and instead of moving him and getting some nice draft picks, they're going to get NOTHING. :banghead:

Happy Halloween! Can the San Francisco 49ers treat themselves to a victory, or will the Arizona Cardinals trick the Niners with their first loss of the season? Find out tonight from Glendale, Arizona, as the first game of Week 9 kicks off tonight!

I forgot to mention yesterday that Dalton has been benched, clearing the way for Ryan Finley to make his debut against the Ravens after they come off the bye week. And A.J. Green did NOT get traded, much to the surprise of...absolutely nobody at all in the Cincinnati area. Typical Bungles front office. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm a huge fan of A.J., but he isn't part of the future of the club. He's getting kinda old (hard to say at only 31 years of age) and has been injury prone as of late. He's a free agent at the end of the year, and instead of moving him and getting some nice draft picks, they're going to get NOTHING. :banghead:

Bengals doing Bengals things... :rolleyes:

I'd love to see him in Silver and Black next season. He is the real big time WR we need.

Edit: Pats released Josh Gordon.

AJ is not moving until next season, so this could be a nice pickup for us.

Do it Chucky, just do it.

Last edited:
Heyyyyy, GTPlaneteers! What's good? I'm watching the Texans vs. Jaguars game played in London, England, UK at Wembley Stadium. I hope you all enjoy the action this Sunday and the Monday Night game between Dallas at New York Giants.

The Houston Texans made their London debut today, and they did NOT disappoint! We ended up winning 26-3 over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Deshaun Watson was at his usual awesomeness. There were some great plays made on offense by the Texans as they were clicking a whole lot. Maybe Jacksonville's best play was denying my man Carlos Hyde a touchdown by slapping the ball out of C. Hyde's arms as he was heading into the end zone, as the ball ended up being a touchback. Defense for the Texans got a little feisty late forcing two interceptions and a fumble. I LOVED this game. I didn't mind waking up a bit earlier than usual to catch this contest live. But man- it was worth it!

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're at Baltimore in two weeks after taking next week off.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

Cowboys at Giants TONIGHT!

The last time Monday Night Football was at Metlife Stadium, the New York Jets got stomped on 33-0 hosting the New England Patriots. Tonight, the other team that calls Metlife Stadium home is ready for an NFC East showdown. It's the New York Giants who will be hosting the boys from Big D- the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys lead the NFC East with a record of 4-3. 88GTA's New York Giants are currently 2-6 on the season and 3rd in the NFC East. Which of these NFC East teams will defeat the other in the shadow of New York City? We'll find out once this match in East Rutherford, NJ concludes!

Favored in this game is Dallas by 6. The Over/Under for this contest is 48. So you betting folks choose wisely on this one.

Let me touch up on a few more scores from Week 9...

* Winless no more! Miami finally gets their first win of the season! Sadly... it came at the expense of Blitz24's Jets. It was a 26-18 victory for the Miami Dolphins in Miami today. So now the only team without a win is the Cincinnati Bengals. Cincy is off this week, so they are still at 0-8.

* Undefeated no more! DOWN GOES NEW ENGLAND! The New England Patriots got blown out at the Baltimore Ravens 37-20 last night. So San Francisco remains the only remaining unbeaten team this season.

* The Detroit Lions became victims of the Oakland Raiders 31-24 in Oakland. MoLiEG's Raiders did good in their return home by sinking the Lions from MoTown.

* samurai8juice's Buffalo Bills nicely handled and disposed of the Washington Redskins 24-9 in Orchard Park, NY.

Enjoy tonight's action from MetLife Stadium!

I still have no faith in Carr, but man, he played good yesterday. I don't care about his numbers since anyone can have them these days. I only care about how many wins he can get us.

I still see 8-8 in the horizon, but at least they are watchable this year.

Like a bad habit, the New York Giants got dropped at home by the Dallas Cowboys 37-18 last night.

Time to start a new week of NFL football. It's Week 10! Let's look at some of the matches slated for this week...

* LAC Chargers at OAK Raiders (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* MIN Vikings at DAL Cowboys (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* SEA Seahawks at SF 49ers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Wk. 10 Bye Week Teams: DEN, HOU, JAX, NE, PHI, and WAS

As you can see, my Texans are off this week among the Bye Week teams. We'll try and rest up. So the rest of you go tackle each others' brains out while we rest, okay? ;)

I might come back to this thread to make an assessment about my Texans or even share random NFL news. Other than that, enjoy Week 10!

Giants vs Jets this weekend. Loser should fire their head coach. Actually, they should both just fire their head coach.

I respect Cam Newton, but I am always rubbed the wrong way about him when he lost in Super Bowl 50 and made some rather classless comments and actions afterwards. I do wish Cam well in his recovery.

So... do you want some California action? Well, you'll get your fill tonight of SoCal vs. NorCal tonight! We got the Los Angeles Chargers at MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders. Thursday Night Football ready to rock later tonight!

Another Sunday, another day of NFL football. Enjoy today's games! Hopefully your favorite team(s) win today/tonight.

Back