2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
I'll do a little more previewing. Next up is this team...

2019 New York Jets Preview

This preview is about Blitz24's J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! One of two teams representing New York City is the New York Jets. The Jets were grounded quite a lot, finishing last in the AFC East with a 4-12 record. Their rankings overall weren't much better- 27th in passing yards, 26 in rushing yards, and 31st in total yards per game. In other words- pretty brutal... but, that was then. Can the Jets turn things around? Maybe their new uniforms can give them some new life. Let's look at what the Jets have to deal with this upcoming season:

* = divisional game

AUG 8: at New York Giants (Preseason)
AUG 15: at Atlanta (Preseason)
AUG 24: New Orleans (Preseason)
AUG 29: Philadelphia (Preseason)

SEP 8: Buffalo*
SEP 16: Cleveland (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
SEP 22: at New England*
~~~ Bye Week ~~~
OCT 6: at Philadelphia
OCT 13: Dallas (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
OCT 21: New England* (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
OCT 27: at Jacksonville
NOV 3: at Miami*
NOV 10: New York Giants
NOV 17: at Washington
DEC 1: at Cincinnati
DEC 8: Miami*
DEC 12: at Baltimore (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
DEC 22: Pittsburgh
DEC 29: at Buffalo*

Hopefully for Jets fans, the New York Jets can have themselves a better season than last. It's always best to be hopeful of an upcoming season even if you don't think a team is going anywhere the upcoming season. A few GTPlaneteer rivalries make up this schedule with the likes of the Bills, the Dolphins, the Bengals, and the Ravens among others. Best of luck to the Jets as I previewed them.

[UPDATE] Changed up some of the dates and callout text.

Last edited:
So I profiled one New York team, how about the other one?

2019 New York Giants Preview

Remember when the New York Giants prevented the New England Patriots from finishing undefeated by beating the Pats in the Super Bowl? Well, the Giants haven't done too much more damage since. The Giants finished last season with a 5-11 record, dead last in the NFC East. They finished 9th in passing yards, 24th in rushing yards, and 17th in total yards per game. So I'd imagine the rushing game has to improve if you're the Giants. Or just keep the passing game going strong. Here's what the Giants have for this upcoming season:

* = division game

AUG 8: New York Jets (Preseason)
AUG 16: Chicago (Preseason)
AUG 22: at Cincinnati (Preseason)
AUG 29: at New England (Preseason)

SEP 8: at Dallas*
SEP 15: Buffalo
SEP 22: at Tampa Bay
SEP 29: Washington*
OCT 6: Minnesota
OCT 10: at New England (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
OCT 20: Arizona
OCT 27: at Detroit
NOV 4: Dallas* (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
NOV 10: at New York Jets
~~~ Bye Week ~~~
NOV 24: at Chicago
DEC 1: Green Bay
DEC 9: at Philadelphia* (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
DEC 15: Miami
DEC 22: at Washington*
DEC 29: Philadelphia*

The Jets and Giants have struggled last season. Can the Giants have themselves a better season than last? Hopefully the Giants can have themselves a fine 2019 season. The Giants got to give their fans something to get real excited about.

Sad news for Cincinnati Bengals fans... A.J. Green was carted off of the field with some sort of lower leg injury. Green had some injuries in the past that kept him off of the field for Cincy. This could be an injury that could sideline him for most of this upcoming season or maybe the entire upcoming season. No specific injury has yet been reported as of the time of this post.

Low ankle sprain for AJ. Expected to be out a few weeks, but hopefully be good for the start of the season.

Still, as if losing your #1 pick of the draft for the season wasn't bad enough...

Giants have lost WR Corey Coleman for the season to an ACL injury and their free agent WR signing Golden Tate has been suspended for the first 4 games of the year. Sounds like another top 5 pick next April is in the cards...

What record do you think the New York Giants will end up with this season, 88GTA? Better or worse than 5-11 (or exactly 5-11)?

What record do you think the New York Giants will end up with this season, 88GTA? Better or worse than 5-11 (or exactly 5-11)?
More like 3-13 again. They will probably start off with 4 or 5 losses and then bench Eli for Jones, waiving the white flag and welcoming another top pick next year.

Are you ready for some football? Believe it or not, we got some NFL football coming up tonight with the Hall of Fame Game. You know you been wondering when teams will tackle each other or all-out blitz the opposing quarterback. Well, get psyched! We got the Denver Broncos vs. the Atlanta Falcons all dressed up and ready to go for tonight.

Remember this game has NOTHING towards any status in the upcoming regular season or postseason. So this is just a game to enjoy because the NFL can and because the NFL loves you. Enjoy the show!

To introduce another schedule to this thread, allow me to bring up another team. This time...

2019 Baltimore Ravens Preview

There was once a team in Baltimore called the Baltimore Colts. Then, those Colts moved on to Indianapolis. Today's team reppin' B'More (or also called BMORE) since 1996 is the Ravens. The Ravens of GTPlaneteer (and a good friend) SecretAgentZero will suit up for a new season of NFL football. They are the defending AFC North Champions having finished 10-6 last season. Last season, the Baltimore Ravens were 23rd in passing yards, 2nd in rushing yards, and 14th in total yards per game. With these numbers, it's safe to say the Ravens have little or no problem getting downfield and scoring. So can the Ravens have another baller season? Could the 2019 Ravens possibly do what the 2000 and 2012 Ravens did (win the Super Bowl)? If they want to improve, they'll have to deal with this schedule:

* = division game

AUG 8: Jacksonville (Preseason)
AUG 15: Green Bay (Preseason)
AUG 22: at Philadelphia (Preseason)
AUG 29: at Washington (Preseason)

SEP 8: at Miami
SEP 14: Arizona
SEP 22: at Kansas City
SEP 29: Cleveland*
OCT 6: at Pittsburgh*
OCT 13: Cincinnati*
OCT 20: at Seattle
~~~ Bye Week ~~~
NOV 3: New England (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
NOV 10: at Cincinnati*
NOV 17: Houston
NOV 25: at Los Angeles Rams (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
DEC 1: San Francisco
DEC 8: at Buffalo
DEC 12: New York Jets (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
DEC 22: at Cleveland*
DEC 29: Pittsburgh*

I always considered the Baltimore Ravens a dangerously talented team. So I expect the Ravens to have another great season for 2019. This is NOT a sorry team. If they don't win the AFC North, I still have them as an AFC Wild Card team. We'll see what happens when the 2019 campaign begins.

When the Oakland Raiders move to Las Vegas, their new stadium in Vegas will be known as Allegiant Stadium. I had already given some insight on the 2019 season for the Raiders earlier in this thread. I may provide a few more previews in the near future. Just about all of the NFL's teams will go to work this Thursday to start up the 2019 NFL Preseason. Like my Texans will be at the Green Bay Packers playing on Thursday.

You all enjoy some NFL Preseason action starting this Thursday!

Are you ready for some [Preseason] football? Yep. Two teams kicked off the 2019 Preseason swing. Starting tonight, just about everybody else will begin their Preseason campaign. Just remember- this is all PRESEASON. It's dress rehearsal. What you want to avoid is to have your would-be starting cast not get injured. It is also a chance for new talent to prove themselves on the field. Or, there will be the possibility they would not make the team come regular season or may just end up on the Practice Squad or maybe to other teams.

None of these games matter anything towards the regular season or postseason. So if your team wins every Preseason game... good! If your team loses every Preseason game... that's good too. It's all dress rehearsal. Now get out there and go play some football!

Too many turnovers by the Houston Texans led to the Texans failing 28-26 at the Green Bay Packers. A late rally in the 4th Quarter helped keep the score close. Two Texans were carted off the field with injuries. Players like D. Watson, Deandre Hopkins, and J.J. Watt did not play in this game. The next game for the Houston Texans will be against the Detroit Lions next Saturday night. So we'll take on another NFC North team for this Preseason.

Well... how did your boys do?

Tonight begins the second round of NFL Preseason games. Five games are on for tonight. ESPN will show the game between the Oakland Raiders at the Arizona Cardinals. I doubt Super Bowl LIV will be Raiders vs. Cardinals, but at least this is the game ESPN will be showing tonight.

I hope your favorite teams are doing well. Enjoy the Preseason action this weekend!

THIS JUST IN...

The NFL reinstated New England Patriots WR Josh Gordon. He was conditionally reinstated after his substance abuse violation. So he's back to give the Patriots' offense a little lift.

Thoughts?

I'm surprised Emperor Belichick and the Imperials didn't cut him after letting the team down last season. They don't usually put up with that stuff and give 2nd chances.

Giants are 2-0 and in the pre-season which all but assures another 0-6 start... :rolleyes:

Time for the Houston Texans to get back to work. This time, it's MoTown meets H-Town. It was the Detroit Lions who paid a visit down south to meet the Texans. The first series was held down rather nicely with the tandem of Deshaun Watson and Deandre Hopkins mostly. Joe Webb III took over at QB the rest of the way. In the end, we managed to defeat the Detroit Lions 30-23. The Texans had much better ball control even though Webb did throw some more picks. The Lions were stingy on defense to fumble the Texans and then return the ball for a touchdown. I liked the Texans' play tonight. They seemed more focused and even had a bit of swagger to their play. If they played with this kind of mentality once the regular season starts, the Texans can win a lot of games this upcoming season. I'd like to wish the Detroit Lions a great 2019 season, Joey D and AnthonyD1993.

Up next for the Houston Texans... to us Texans fans, don't call this a "Preseason" game- it's the Houston Texans at the Dallas Cowboys next Saturday night. Some even call this game as the Texas State Championship. We still have bragging rights for the next four years since our win over the Cowboys last year, but this is to further smack up the boys from Big D.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week. Hopefully your team won even though it's just Preseason football.

Cedric Benson was killed in a motorcycle crash recently. The running back who played his college 'ball at the University of Texas played eight seasons in the NFL for teams like Cincinnati and Chicago. My condolences go out to him and his family. C. Benson was 36 years old.

It's really nice to see a Bills running back make international news for something that's not related to brutally murdering two people.

Tonight starts another week of the 2019 NFL Preseason. With these third games, it's time to trim down the rosters. New players will need to try to prove themselves to make the main team. If not the main team, then probably make the Practice Squad. Or... some may not even stay with the team at all. So it's going to be some tough decisions for a number of teams to make.

Anyhow, enjoy this latest swing of Preseason games!

ESPN is saying that Andrew Luck is planning on retiring. The Colts are going to be looking for a franchise quarterback now.

Andrew Luck will officially retire from the NFL. He's mentioning things along the lines of the pounding he's taking mentally regarding playing. I'd like to wish Andrew Luck well in his retirement at age 29. Meanwhile in Arlington, Texas...

34-0, Cowboys defeat Texans. Terrible shame for the Texans, as it seemed like EVERYTHING went right for the Dallas Cowboys at home. The Houston Texans still have the bragging rights despite this shutout blanking we endured. None of that, though, meant anything as the Texans either couldn't find the end zone, kick the ball through the uprights, or get a safety. Good news is that this is a Preseason game. Sadly, Texans fans hate losing to the Cowboys. Football is the biggest divide among Houston sports fans besides basketball and baseball. You'll see more Dallas Cowboys fans than Houston Texans fans here in Houston. So the Texans are now 1-2 on this Preseason. This is a sad loss, but just as sad a loss is Lamar Miller going down with a torn ACL.

Final Preseason game for the Houston Texans... back home to NRG Stadium on Thursday night to host the Super Bowl Runners-Up and defending NFC Champions, the Los Angeles Rams.

Congratulations to all winners of Week 3 of NFL Preseason football.

Always sad to see injuries cut down someone in the prime of their career. Even sadder in Luck's case because it seems to have completely destroyed the enjoyment of football for him. Wishing him all the best for whatever he does in the future.

Back