2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
Bad news. New England looks sharp without AB. IF he doesn't let his brain fall out, I can see the Pats as a legit juggernaut.

I'm quietly chuckling.

Bad news. New England looks sharp without AB. IF he doesn't let his brain fall out, I can see the Pats as a legit juggernaut.

I'm quietly chuckling.

"Help us Eli Manning, you are our only hope."

TBH, I'm still not ready to call NE the number one contender. We all know the Steelers can't defeat them (last season doesn't count, it was a fluke). And we all know they will get 6 free wins vs. the Buttfumble, the Fins and the Bills...

Who am I kidding? The NFL is ruined again.

Texans at Saints and Broncos at Raiders... both TONIGHT!

The historic 100th season of NFL Football kicks off the first Monday Night games in New Orleans and in Oakland. Who dat? The first Monday Night of the 2019 regular season begins with a game in New Orleans. New Orleans has nicknames such as "The Big Easy." Well, it will be anything but easy for teams who play there, including the Houston Texans. This is a match of AFC South meets NFC South when NFC Champion runners-up, the New Orleans Saints, will be looking to thrash any and all opposition after the various controversy from last season's NFC Championship game. The Houston Texans, meanwhile, are trying to build off of a highly productive- if not remotely lucky- season where they reeled off nine straight wins after an 0-3 start. Are dem' Texans gon' beat dem' Saints? We'll find out tonight in NOLA!

On the other end of the spectrum, the AFC West is in vogue and on display in northern California as the Oakland Raiders will host the Denver Broncos. The boys from the Mile High City will meet the black and silver boys who grabbed a lot of media attention with the likes of V. Burfict and Antonio Brown (before A. Brown was released) joining the Oakland staff. A lot of people are seeing Oakland as the ultimate clown show of the NFL. If that's true, then can the Raiders get serious and take down the Denver Broncos proper? It's the nightcap of tonight's Monday Night doubleheader!

Here is some betting info for you bettors of these games...

* For HOU at NO: NO is favored -6.5 against HOU; Over/Under is 52 points.

* For DEN at OAK: DEN is favored -2 against OAK; Over/Under is 42.5 points.

Enjoy this first Monday Night of the 2019 season should you be watching or following!

Close. 30-28, New Orleans. On a positive note, the Texans played better than I thought they would. The Saints, though, just won walk-off style on a 58-yard field goal from the right hash with 2 seconds left. To me, this was all about the Saints trying to get redemption after their heartbreak in the NFC Championship game last season. And so far, it worked. Besides this, the Texans played great offense. Just too bad Houston was on the LOSING end of this one. Jaguars at Texans next Sunday. Lost a game we could have won. DAMN IT!!!

Week 1 is in the books. PLEASE remember that the season is NOT over just because your team didn't win in Game 1! Just make sure to win as many games as you can. Unless... you're destined to go for top overall pick in the next NFL Draft. It is now on to Week 2. Here are the more interesting matches this week:

* TB Buccaneers at CAR Panthers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* PHI Eagles at ATL Falcons (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CLE Browns at NYJ Jets (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

So we're going to have action in Charlotte, Atlanta, and East Rutherford in the Prime Time games this week. And of these games, only Atlanta won their Week 1 game. They'll be the only team to have a chance at 2-0 on the early season while everyone else will seek their first win of the season.

I'm still plenty angered at last night's fail by the Houston Texans. Granted my expectations and confidence are low about this year's team, I still want them to play hard enough to convince me otherwise. The Texans lost walk-off style at the New Orleans Saints on a 58-yard field goal as time expired. J.J. Watt said the defense should be to blame in letting NO come right back after a go-ahead score with so much time left. Also granted the Texans were taking on a championship contender in the Saints, when you have the chance, you have to be a closer. The Texans couldn't do that despite their best efforts. Then too, if we did win last night, we'd probably be villainized considering the Saints wanting revenge after being bounced from Super Bowl contention and how a lot of the fans were in referee garb. This game felt more like a statement for the Saints to make rather than the Texans trying to build off of last season. Oh, well... can't win 'em all.

By the way, in the other game on Monday Night, it was a 24-16 victory for the Oakland Raiders at home against Denver Broncos.

Enjoy Week 2, everyone. Hope your favorite team(s) is/are on the WINNING side this coming week.

The NFC South will be in vogue tonight in Charlotte, North Carolina as the Carolina Panthers will host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So get ready for some Thursday Night Football from one of my favorite NFL stadiums.

I want to wish New York Jets QB San Darnold well in recovering from mononucleosis. Trevor Seimian will take over in for S. Darnold for when the Jets host the Cleveland Browns. Jets already have quite an injury list already. This just makes things a touch worse for NYJ.

FFS. 3 games in a row. The PI back in January, the 10 second runoff last week and now this. Called a fumble, blew the whistle so Cam Jordan couldn't get the 6. Ridiculous.

So much for the competitive looking Bengals from last week. They got manhandled by the Niners today. The defense was a sieve.

It was an ugly game for the Jacksonville Jaguars at the Houston Texans. Despite this, the Texans won 13-12. We didn't play our best game like when we led a quick drive to go ahead at the New Orleans Saints. J. Ramsey was furious about DeAndre Hopkins connecting on a catch that Ramsey thought shouldn't have counted. Texans scored a rushing TD with DeShaun Watson (who celebrated his 24th birthday yesterday), but then JAX marched down the field with a passing touchdown of their own. Instead of going for the tie, they decided to go for two... and failed. Both teams could have played better in my view. Otherwise, we'll take the victory.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we'll play one of the afternoon games next Sunday when the Houston Texans are at the Los Angeles Chargers.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week. Hopefully your favorite team(s) is/are among the winning teams this week.

Browns at Jets TONIGHT!

It is the AFC that is in vogue tonight in the shadow of New York City and in the state of New Jersey. Blitz24's New York Jets will host the Cleveland Browns at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ as the AFC North meets the AFC East. Both teams are seeking their first win of the 2019 season, as both are 0-1. The Brownies can potentially capitalize on a depleted Jets roster. Pending a tie or some other unforeseen circumstance, either Cleveland or the New York Jets will come away with a victory after tonight. We'll find out tonight who will win this one.

Are you betting on this game? Here's some info for you. Cleveland is favored -6. The Over/Under is 45 points.

Of course, this Monday Night Football game will be on ESPN. Enjoy this game should you be following or watching in any capacity.

Not only is Ben Roethlisberger on the shelf, so too is Drew Brees of the Saints. It's said Brees will miss six weeks with thumb surgery (I think). I wish both Roethlisberger and Brees well in their respective recoveries.

Last night saw the Cleveland Browns win convincingly at the New York Jets 23-3. So congratulations to the Brownies.

Week 3 in the NFL is coming up. Here are some of the more interesting matches coming up this week:

* TEN Titans at JAX Jaguars (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* LAR Rams at CLE Browns (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CHI Bears at WAS Redskins (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

A few games of interest among some of us GTPlaneteers this week...

* HOU Texans at LAC Chargers
* CIN Bengals at BUF Bills
* MIA Dolphins at DAL Cowboys
* BAL Ravens at KC Chiefs
* NYJ Jets at NE Patriots
* OAK Raiders at MIN Vikings
* DET Lions at PHI Eagles
* PIT Steelers at SF 49ers

One of the interesting news stories is on Jalen Ramsey wanting a trade from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ramsey says that he "...wants to 🤬 win." Something tells me he's probably going to end up on the New England Patriots. Because let's face it- if you want to win in today's NFL, the Pats is where it's at. Or in some kind of obscure situation, he could weirdly end up with the Houston Texans, because he is kind of rivals with DeAndre Hopkins. I was listening to SportsTalk 790 AM here in Houston about Jalen Ramsey for when Jacksonville played here in Houston this past weekend. It will be interesting to see who picks up Ramsey if the trade is granted.

Well... enjoy Week 3, ladies and gentlemen! Hope your favorite team(s) win this week.

I was so busy celebrating Independence Day that I didn't even bother to see how my Raiders did vs. the Chiefs... and I'm glad I did.

We are just jobbers to our new overlord Patrick Mahomes. And that is going to the be the story for the next decade or more.

Ben Roethlisberger's out for the season.

The AFC North is up for anyone right now. Pitt is weak, we still don't know if the Browns and Ravens are legit, and the Bengals are not that far behind if they can play a little bit better. I think this is going to be the most interesting division in football.

Also... was Eli Manning THAT terrible this weekend? I feel it's way too early to give Eli 2.0 the starting job.

The AFC North is up for anyone right now. Pitt is weak, we still don't know if the Browns and Ravens are legit, and the Bengals are not that far behind if they can play a little bit better. I think this is going to be the most interesting division in football.

That's an interesting take. Mainly cause I think Bengals are done since last season. They're going to be the bottom of the barrel in the division for awhile now.

NFC North looks more interesting I feel, they seem all over the place.

The Bengals aren't going anywhere this season. They put up a surprising performance at Seattle, then proceeded to crap the bed at home against the 49ers. With Green still injured, an already bad o-line being even more atrocious due to injuries, and shoddy defense, this year is already pretty much over.

Not anymore. DJ is the start now. Yay? I have mixed feelings about it.

Jerome

He is gonna get destroyed. The Giants have nothing but Barkley on offense. The defense can't stop anyone. They are literaly the Dolphins of the NFC.

He is gonna get destroyed. The Giants have nothing but Barkley on offense. The defense can't stop anyone. They are literaly the Dolphins of the NFC.

I'm liking this not because I like it, but because it's super accurate :lol:

Jerome

The Giants play the Dolphins in December. Toilet Bowl? Fight for Tua/the 1st pick?

Ooooh, with these defensive and offensive matchups, it'll surely be a shootout like 7-6.

Jerome

We begin Week 3 tonight in Jacksonville as the AFC South will be in vogue and on display. It will be the Tennessee Titans meeting the Jacksonville Jaguars. I hear Jalen Ramsey will start in this game for JAX. Considering how people have hated on the AFC South for this season, tonight's game could be a clown show between the Titans at Jaguars. If it does become a clown show, make sure to have plenty of favorite food and drinks on hand to enjoy this game!

Back