2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments

Urinatingtree speaks the thruth. The Colts killed his spirit.

The colts deserve absolutely zero consideration based on how they showed Peyton Friggin Manning the door following his injury. You don't jettison your future HoF quarterback until you know he can't play, but they did. They tossed him to the curb just based on the fact that he might not have it still.

Well, he went on to win the Superbowl with the Broncos, achieving what no other NFL quarterback has ever done (which tells you something about how stupid that was for the Colts), while Luck was shoved onto the field (and immediately torn apart) by a franchise that still hadn't learned to value their quarterback.

I was pissed at the Colts for refusing to give Manning a better ending in Indy and more consideration for what he brought to their franchise. Now I'm grateful to them for stupidly letting him go fulfill his potential elsewhere, especially after seeing what they did with Luck.

I don't see how anyone can blame the guy for retiring. Every year he played in the NFL probably took 10 off his life expectancy.

The colts deserve absolutely zero consideration based on how they showed Peyton Friggin Manning the door following his injury. You don't jettison your future HoF quarterback until you know he can't play, but they did. They tossed him to the curb just based on the fact that he might not have it still.

Well, he went on to win the Superbowl with the Broncos, achieving what no other NFL quarterback has ever done (which tells you something about how stupid that was for the Colts), while Luck was shoved onto the field (and immediately torn apart) by a franchise that still hadn't learned to value their quarterback.

I was pissed at the Colts for refusing to give Manning a better ending in Indy and more consideration for what he brought to their franchise. Now I'm grateful to them for stupidly letting him go fulfill his potential elsewhere, especially after seeing what they did with Luck.

The Colts were graced with 2 HoF Qb's and they threw them under a bus to let them die.

I just hope they suck for years to come, but not enough to get a chance at either "Goldilocks" Lawrence or Tua Tago..tagowhateverhislastnameiswritten... they deserve real teams.

Here's the bad thing, almost every fan base has done classless things before, I can clearly recall Houston cheering at at least David Carr when he got injured, and I believe one more but @JohnBM01 can probably clarify. I'm not surprised, but they shouldn't be when free agents site that moment for not going there.

As for Irsay and Colts management, they can refuse to sign, a la Elway back in...85? Yeah, they might be stuck in a bad situation, but it still wouldn't be signing your own death certificate.

I believe Minnesota will start strong and then ends up failing in the end.
Kinda like how all the teams have been is that we do good early then end up going into a win and we're in at the end.

Rosters should be complete or near complete heading into the 2019 NFL season by now. So enjoy this final set of Preseason games before the games that matter begin. Hopefully your team(s) has/have done enough to keep some of the better players. Not this weekend, but next weekend will be the start of this historic 100th season of NFL Football. Enjoy the final Preseason games, then be ready for the regular season to start on the quest to play in Miami for Super Bowl LIV and hoist the Lombardi Trophy at season's end.

It was 22-10 here in Houston as the Los Angeles Rams defeated my Texans. So the Houston Texans finish the 2019 Preseason 2-2. The Texans played much better defense in this game than their previous one in forcing turnovers. A sad moment late in the game was Joe Webb III getting carted off the field after a Turnover on Downs late. I think the Rams' next game will be at the Carolina Panthers. My Houston Texans will start the season on Monday night at the New Orleans Saints. The Texans will face somewhat of a Murderer's Row of top-level quarterbacks for the first six weeks of the season. It would have been seven had Andrew Luck not retire.

Congratulations to all winners of the final Preseason games. Fill out the rosters and get ready to start the new season in full anger starting September 5.

Reports indicate my Houston Texans have shipped off JaDeveon Clowney to the Seattle Seahawks. The trade hasn't been made official for what I know, but Clowney could be a Seahawk after very decent service with the Texans.

The Buffalo Bills released LaSean McCoy. Not sure who the Bills will replace him with.

I just wanted to share these quick musings and news notes.

How are the Seahawks going to be able to give Clowney the big deal he wants? Russell Wilson's deal from last year pretty much killed their ability to give massive deals to other players.

Well, keep in mind, BKGlover, the Houston Texans' management is mostly a mess right now. No real General Manager and a by-committee group of four handling the Texans right now. Now I'm REALLY unsure about the Texans this season with Clowney gone. This is probably going to be the season where Bill O'Brien may finally be gone. That is very likely unless the Texans have some epic winning season in 2019.

The Buffalo Bills released LaSean McCoy. Not sure who the Bills will replace him with.

My god. Chuckyboy better grab McCoy.

I want to believe we Raiders can have a real team :'(

Edit: Ohh Crap, the Chiefs got him.

Last edited:
The Chiefs make a lot of sense for McCoy. He could have a revival there, doesn't need to be a workhorse and reunites with Andy Reid.

Usually on Tuesdays, I offer up some thoughts on the upcoming week. So to that end, it's time to start the first week of the 2019 season. We're all undefeated again! The more interesting matches this upcoming week are as follows:

* GB Packers at CHI Bears (NFL SEASON KICKOFF - Thursday)
* PIT Steelers at NE Patriots (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* HOU Texans at NO Saints (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* DEN Broncos at OAK Raiders (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

To any other newcomers to GTPlanet and the NFL discussions, I usually try to hype up the Monday Night games. I even offer some betting details in case we have any on here for those Monday Night games. It should be interesting to see how much this 100th season of NFL football will be celebrated. Surely on the college front, various peeks into the past have been made with their celebrating of 150 seasons of college football. This thread, though, is about the NFL. You can't win the championship in Week 1, but you can surely be on your way to potentially having a rough season if you don't do well in Week 1. And remember- the world isn't over or the season isn't over because you don't go undefeated! Just don't lose with regularity, and especially don't lose if your team(s) make it to the Playoffs.

Time to start a new season! Good luck to all of your favorite teams. Make the most of this season and play as hard as you can while winning as much as you can.

So it begins. The first game of any kind that matters this season begins tonight as a couple of Midwestern rivals clash. We got the Green Bay Packers paying a visit to the Chicago Bears on this historic 100th season of NFL football. This game will be televised on NBC to kick off this new season.

Should you be watching and/or following, enjoy tonight's game!

THIS JUST IN...

The Oakland Raiders have officially released Antonio Brown. The wide receiver for OAK was posting on Instagram and stuff requesting a trade. Well, the WR has now been released. So... anybody want Antonio Brown on their team? ;)

Antonio Brown could sign with a new team starting at 4:01 PM EDT (time has passed, obviously, as of the time of this post), but he won't be able to play until Week 2. I think a the only team(s) who would want Antonio Brown would be some team that doesn't have a solid set of WRs. Either that, or maybe A. Brown decides to play in the CFL or the XFL or some other FL.

Elsewhere, it is reported that Julio Jones signed an extension. The Atlanta Falcons' WR will be paid about $66M USD over three years. Good seeing him get paid some mad money.

THIS JUST IN...

The Oakland Raiders have officially released Antonio Brown. The wide receiver for OAK was posting on Instagram and stuff requesting a trade. Well, the WR has now been released. So... anybody want Antonio Brown on their team? ;)

And he's reportedly signing with the Patriots.

(Tree'd)

THIS JUST IN, since this should be its own post...

It has been reported Antonio Brown has agreed to a deal with... wait for it...

...the New England Patriots.

Yep. Antonio Brown joined those big, bad, Patriots. How you do see THIS playing out?

I'm getting more and more convinced that everything related to Antonio Brown in the off and pre-season was planted by HBO to make Hard Knocks more interesting. Even the whole helmet controversy seemed like a plant by the network crossed with a promotional thing from Xenith.

It's either that, or Brown got CTE when Vontaze Burfict knocked him out.

Either outcome is sad.

Sundays mean something again! The first week of the 2019 NFL regular season continues with all of the games slated for Sunday as well as the Monday Night games. I hope your favorite team(s) start the 2019 season right. Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Lions be Lioning. Even with the tie, Lions be Lioning.

Patrica should lose his job over that. What kind of rookie mistake is it to call a timeout when you're winning the game with a little over 2 minutes left on the clock?

Patrica should lose his job over that. What kind of rookie mistake is it to call a timeout when you're winning the game with a little over 2 minutes left on the clock?
Doubly so when that play would have at best been another touchdown and at worst milked the clock to minimal time. Either one realistically would have won the game.

TFW your team doesn't use their best player enough, put in their backup QB because why not and then he fumbles. Did I mention a high schooler secondary? Move over CLE/MIA, you've got company.

Jerome

THIS JUST IN...

Thank god that clown is gone. The guy is mentally insane... The way he talks, thinks, acts, the way he can't see beyond himself, the way he insulted my team, our fanbase & the players... Ugh... This moron makes me sick!

And now he joins the Evil Empire because ringchasing, just like KD did.

I hope he never wins it. He doesn't deserve it.

Latest Posts

Back