2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

As the Penskes in '95 and Hinch in '18 had the courtesy not to buy their way in despite being proven front runners, McLaren as a stumbling rookie team having plans to do so makes them look like pretty big asses.

Wow

https://apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff

The new setup and assistance from other teams indeed got the car up to speed, but Alonso was knocked from the field by 23-year-old Kyle Kaiser of tiny Juncos Racing. McLaren discovered after the qualifying run that the car had the wrong gear ratio setup.
Oh my god... I thought it was just the fact that they went out blindly with an experimental setup, but wow... they need to take a hard look at themselves because that was just an insane comedy of errors from McLaren. Totally agree with the Fernley firing after reading that

Aeroscreen 2.0
A combination of the Halo and a windshield made in collaboration with Red Bull.
IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

https://racer.com/2019/05/24/pruett-inside-the-development-of-indycars-aeroscreen/

You know, Dylan, that doesn't look too bad to me. I probably would curve up the windshield a bit, but I don't hate this unique setup of the halo and the windshield. I like it to be honest since getting used to the halo.

If they curve the base of the windscreen to blend in better with the nose and maybe lower it just a tad at the top it might almost look kind of ok. I hate the halo, and this is only moderately better, but if it increases driver safety then it's worth it. I still wish the cars could look, you know, nice. Maybe it'll grow on me. :boggled:

Am curious to see if indycar also adopts the new F1 helmet standards. I think only Stilo is available in the USA right now, but they should be sorted out by next year. Makes sense to use the technology if it exists

I've heard a prediction of rain tomorrow at Indy, a race called at 101 laps, and buoyed hopes for Ed Carpenter.

Looking at the render, I almost wonder if they could do away with that big center spoke right in the middle of the driver's field of vision and just have the windscreen as the supporting structure for the halo piece up top? Or perhaps have a couple of supports to the left and right of the driver similar to A-Pillars in a street car?

Anyway, it's nitpicking. It's a definite step in the right direction.

Woohoo! Its Indy 500 day...unless you live in central Indiana like I do. Then we get a blackout and have to watch it at 8pm!

https://foxsports975.iheart.com/fea...dy-500-blackout-will-remain-for-sundays-race/
I've watched this series for many years and one of the things I've never understood is the Indy blackout.

I've heard a prediction of rain tomorrow at Indy, a race called at 101 laps, and buoyed hopes for Ed Carpenter.
Or Ferrucci is going to win Huertas-style.

Why is that?

I've watched this series for many years and one of the things I've never understood is the Indy blackout.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was originally introduced when the race began to be televised live, as the race promoters feared the locals would stay and watch at home rather than buy tickets and attend in person.

Roo
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was originally introduced when the race began to be televised live, as the race promoters feared the locals would stay and watch at home rather than buy tickets and attend in person.
Such is the case for a lot of sports here in Freedomland, especially baseball and basketball. The curse of the "local blackout" has ruined many a weekend afternoon.

Why is that?
So they can sell out the track.

IMS President
"When we first implemented the blackout, it was to protect the integrity of the live event. What makes the race special on TV is the number of people that show up to participate."

Since the blackout has been implemented, it was only lifted in 2016 (the 100th running of the event). The blackout was only lifted because the event was sold out. When asked if they would ever lift the blackout again, he said...

IMS President
"We've said in the 100th when we lifted the blackout, that we'd always consider it if we were to sell out the grandstands. That's the first thing. We'd have to get there, and then it'd be a consideration going forward."

Source: Indy Star https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...985002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So central Indiana peeps that didn't buy tickets either have to wait until 8pm tonight to see the Indy 500, or try to find a stream that isn't legal and will probably infect your PC with malware.

I plan to skip the event entirely. I'm not giving them any form of viewership as they clearly don't want it.

Last edited:
Every time I check my weather app, the chance of rain for the race goes down. Hopefully we get the whole thing in uninterrupted.

Here. We. Go! The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! The 103rd Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, is UNDER WAY!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back