2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

I wonder if Fernando is now screaming against his crew that it's a GP2 Indy Lights engine.

McLaren did not deserve to be in the 500 this year. Pretty simple. Watching Alonso's laps onboard, you could see him fighting the thing every run.

I know he has stake in the team and is good friends with de Ferran and Brown, but McLaren has lost it. He can't keep wasting away his talent in their cars.

McLaren did not deserve to be in the 500 this year. Pretty simple. Watching Alonso's laps onboard, you could see him fighting the thing every run.

I know he has stake in the team and is good friends with de Ferran and Brown, but McLaren has lost it. He can't keep wasting away his talent in their cars.

This failure might make the real Mclaren bosses kill the distractions. The F1 team is getting better, why bother with Indycar and look like ****. Alonso jumped into an Andretti car and did well in his first try, he's being dragged down.

McLaren.

First off, Juncos knocks off McLaren for the last spot in the field. Welcome to a true Bump Day at Indy.

Second, I hope that this might encourage Alonso to seek a full-time Indycar ride in the future now that his time in WEC seems to be wrapping up. He seemed to genuinely enjoy his first Indy 500 experience in '17 and Indycar itself would certainly benefit from having such a well-known driver as one of its regulars.

I think Alonso needs to mirror what Michael Andretti did in the early 2000s at the end of his career. Only do the first 3-4 races of the season and the 500.

McLaren needs to enter 2 cars next year in Indycar. 1 for the full season and one part time for ALonso. GOing to just Indy as a brand new team with just 1 car was suicide.

With that said, ALonso holds 50% of the blame for missing the race this year. He crashed the primary car that would have easily qualified in the top 30. It was a real rookie mistake too.

IT will be interesting to see how he responds to this. Alonso has spent the last 2 years jumping into cream of the crop equipment and winning things. Good for him, but this was the first time hes had real adversity in his post F1 fun tour. HOpe he can bounce back from it

Should be noted that Fernando Alonso missed the show by 0.019mph.

There hasn't been any close racing this year though.

Indy GP only appeared to be close because Pagenaud charged to the front at the end of the race, in which he still gapped Dixon by 2 seconds on the final lap. Rossi dominated Long Beach, Sato dominated Barber, COTA was a snoozefest but that track has never had a good race in any series, and Newgarden dominated St. Pete.

Thinking about bump day now, Carlin in general had a horrible Indy 500 bump day. Of the 4 cars that they supported (O'Ward, Chilton, Kimball, Alonso via alliance with McLaren), the only one to make the show was Kimball.

Back