2019 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance Gran Turismo Award Winner

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 31 comments
For any of you interested in watching Kazunori Yamauchi give the award live here is the Concours D'Elegance livestream https://pebblebeachconcours.net/livestream

The next addition to the Gran Turismo game will be seen here.

The last winner that was actually modeled is this Aston.

i1qDHKhJOMPe38E.jpg

Last edited:
I love the Aston Martin DB3S in GT Sport. It is a real pity that these cars take a ridiculously long time to arrive in the series though. There are some stunning machines on the list of winners that I would be delighted to get my mitts on.

We are still waiting for the 2012 and 2014-2018 winners.

If it does in fact take 6 months for PD to finish 1 car, and Pebble Beach + SEMA are yearly events, that means keeping these cars added is literally a full-time proposition for them. So I can see how they’d fall off the wagon.

That's just a great reason as why it shouldn't be a thing anymore.

If 6 month per car, then we should be getting 2 a year no ?
:dopey:

But what do I know....

At this rate, we will be getting the Alfa in 2031 at the GT13.... :odd: :nervous:

Jokes aside... with all these events, Is PD in the US for the next week or so...?

If 6 month per car, then we should be getting 2 a year no ?
:dopey:

But what do I know....

At this rate, we will be getting the Alfa in 2031 at the GT13.... :odd: :nervous:

Jokes aside... with all these events, Is PD in the US for the next week or so...?

They normally go on site a few days before the events, so I imagine Kaz will probably go straight to New York from Pebble Beach with whoever came with him and the rest will meet them there. They will need time to set up things for the big "partnership" announcement on Friday after all.

're the winning car, she's a beauty. I look forward to slinging her around Sardegna Road Track when I retire... :sly:

They normally go on site a few days before the events, so I imagine Kaz will probably go straight to New York from Pebble Beach with whoever came with him and the rest will meet them there. They will need time to set up things for the big "partnership" announcement on Friday after all.

're the winning car, she's a beauty. I look forward to slinging her around Sardegna Road Track when I retire... :sly:

:lol: exactly what I am thinking... :cheers:

No its not why it shoulden't be a thing?.

Because if they can't keep up, what's the point? Just drop the "all awarded cars will be featured in the game" to "we'll feature some of the winners as we see fit". As it is now, it just creates pointless expectations regarding things that could show up in Gran Turismo 8, by the time they'll have another decade of cars waiting to be modelled.

Gorgeous car! Car games need a healthier amount of pre-war vehicles like this.

We probably have more chance seeing this in Forza than GT though. I still remember that Civic and the Ford GT40/Mustang thing that are still yet to be in GT.

Because if they can't keep up, what's the point? Just drop the "all awarded cars will be featured in the game" to "we'll feature some of the winners as we see fit". As it is now, it just creates pointless expectations regarding things that could show up in Gran Turismo 8, by the time they'll have another decade of cars waiting to be modelled.
Well its not like the world will end so why are you bothered by it? .

Well, haven't we gotten at least two awards winners per year?

Mach Forty
Nova
FuguZ
DB3S
D-Type
Miura
TZ2
B.A.T.
XNR

Correct me if I'm wrong, they all had to be remodelled for this game. That's nine cars in nearly two years. Yes?

Well, haven't we gotten at least two awards winners per year?

Mach Forty
Nova
FuguZ
DB3S
D-Type
Miura
TZ2
B.A.T.
XNR

Correct me if I'm wrong, they all had to be remodelled for this game. That's nine cars in nearly two years. Yes?

I'm about 99% sure the D-Type that was recently added isn't a Pebble Beach winning car.

That’s cool love some of these slower classics.
Of hand anyone know of how many Pebble beach winners that have not yet come to the game? And if they know time wise when we could expect them?

That’s cool love some of these slower classics.
Of hand anyone know of how many Pebble beach winners that have not yet come to the game? And if they know time wise when we could expect them?
  • 2012: Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe '54
  • 2014: Maserati A6GCS Spider '54
  • 2015: Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster '52
  • 2016: Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder '66
  • 2017: Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer '29
  • 2018: AAR Eagle Indy Car '66
  • 2019: Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 ZAGATO '31
Judging by how old the rewards are for the 1954 Ferrari 500 and the 1954 Maserati A6GCS, I feel they should be coming soon.
-
I'm glad to see another prewar car given the award!!
But I'm afraid we won't see the 1931 Alfa or the 1929 Mercedes or any prewar car for that matter in GT Sport. :indiff:

I'm just hoping, one day, a Bugatti 35B win this award... just to have the pleasure to drive it into the game.

I know a Bugatti 35 is in Forza, but... they really didn't know how sound this mythical straight 8 engine?

All modern sport car brands born during this era, and finally, we have a GT game with good engine sounds (majority)... I suggest to add a little small pre war car :bowdown:

• 2012: Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe '54
  • 2014: Maserati A6GCS Spider '54
  • 2015: Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster '52
  • 2016: Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder '66
  • 2017: Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer '29
  • 2018: AAR Eagle Indy Car '66
  • 2019: Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 ZAGATO '31
Judging by how old the rewards are for the 1954 Ferrari 500 and the 1954 Maserati A6GCS, I feel they should be coming soon.
-
I'm glad to see another prewar car given the award!!
But I'm afraid we won't see the 1931 Alfa or the 1929 Mercedes or any prewar car for that matter in GT Sport. :indiff:
Fun fact the 500 Mondial was supposed to be added in GT6 but it was removed.

Back