2019 Porsche 911 (992)

This probably sounds ridiculously choosy, but it would be nice to have a GT3 with just the ducktail wing. Based on spy shots, the GT3 Touring is sticking with the active wing from the Carrera.

Even though the main wing looks a bit extreme for a road car, I like how the GT3 is shaping up.

Based on spy shots, the GT3 Touring is sticking with the active wing from the Carrera.
Are you sure about that?

iu

iu

Even though the main wing looks a bit extreme for a road car, I like how the GT3 is shaping up.

When comparing it to the previous GT3 RS the wing element is of a similar size - but it sits considerably lower - a similar height to the 991 GT3. The endplates are a touch bigger, but i think it's the reach-around wing struts that make it appear larger. The ductail is certainly wider though.

Are you sure about that?

Yep, looks identical to the active spoiler from the Carrera here:
2021-porsche-911-gt3-touring-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100712518_l.jpg

When comparing it to the previous GT3 RS the wing element is of a similar size - but it sits considerably lower - a similar height to the 991 GT3. The endplates are a touch bigger, but i think it's the reach-around wing struts that make it appear larger. The ductail is certainly wider though.

Yeah in terms of high it is inline with the 991 GT3, but it looks far sharper - more like something you would find on a race car.

Last edited:
I just took a look at the old ducktail photos and it seems like those were on the Turbo model. It doesn't seem like it'll becoming to the GT3 sadly

As an owner of a Porsche with an active rear spoiler, I honestly can't think of a single Porsche active rear spoiler that I like. They all look bad deployed, even the Carrera GT (shopping cart handle). The closest ones that I can think of to looking good are the 964/993 versions.

A bit late to the party here, but I was really impressed with what the new Carrera is capable of, nudging cars with 200hp more, it must be one great package. It'll be scary to see what the range topping variants are capable of.

992s look like someone took a 997 and put RWB fenders on them. The rear wheels are also so unnecessarily huge on the 992 that it makes the greenhouse look much smaller than the 991; though I'm not sure if it actually is.

VXR
The 997.2 didn't deserve to die to let the 991 and 992 exist.
In related news, this was such a beautiful thing to see that ended with the 997... a manual transmission, not PDK, in Porsche's most track focused 911, the RS... something we will probably never see in a new RS model. We can argue about shift times all day long, but plain and simple having a manual as an option would be nice. This reason alone is why (if I ever had the means) I would by a "base" model GT3 over an RS today.

PORSCHE-911-GT3-RS-4-0-4326_11.jpg

Last edited:
Of course Top Gear gets the exclusive sneak peek and not anyone else
Chris Harris has a pretty assertive personality and pretty solid technical knowledge unlike most journalists. He pressed the right buttons lol.

Chris Harris has a pretty assertive personality and pretty solid technical knowledge unlike most journalists. He pressed the right buttons lol.
They're also long friends seeing as how many stories they shared about the cars. I get that, but would be nice if someone else got more of a peak too

Here's the GT3 they teased during the Super Bowl ad from earlier in the year:

3916f9199727c976395e9d774c553079.png

Supposed 992 GT3 teased on Porsche's Super Bowl ad

View attachment 885263

Last edited:
I love the color. Shark Blue, according to PTSRS (instagram.com/ptsrs), the expert in Porsche colors.

It helps he's buddy-buddy with Andreas Preuninger and hosts arguably one of the biggest car shows around. ;)

Porsches are also way in his wheelhouse since he's owned a couple of GT3s, too

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I find those nostrils on the nose of the new GT3 are pretty ugly. I get it's like a miniature version of the massive tunnels GT3 cars have in their hoods, but I think it doesn't look very good on the new 992 Porsche here. I like the way they had it on the 991 better where it was a single slit curving with the front of the hood.

Good videos, though it's clear that Preuninger has a lot more history (perhaps even friendship) with Chris Harris than with Henry Catchpole.

I'm seeing some Taycan with the vertical lines on the side on the front of the GT3. Makes sense that the Taycan will be setting the stylistic direction going forward.

With those air nostrils on the front extending further back of the lid, I wonder if the frunk will still be the same size between the regular 992 and the GT3, or if they've had to shrink the GT3 frunk to accommodate this air gap?

Back