2019 Porsche 911 (992)

Or the new 992 GTS maybe.
Maybe, but I don't believe it'd have the spoiler. Not likely to be considered part of the GT family either.

GTS reveal seems widely reported. Some think we won't see it til' after Summer 2021, available in 2022. A couple say they've heard Summer 2021 orders become available, shipments by the end of this year.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I don't believe it'd have the spoiler.

GTS reveal seems widely reported. Some think we won't see it til' after Summer 2021, available in 2022. A couple say they've heard Summer 2021 orders become available, shipments by the end of this year.
No, I meant that people are waiting for the official reveal of the new GTS as well. Not only the GT3.

No, I meant that people are waiting for the official reveal of the new GTS as well. Not only the GT3.
See edit: I doubt most people consider the GTS as part of the GT family. It just bridges the gap, but it's nowhere near what the GT4/GT3/GT2 models entail.

2021-porsche-911-gt-teaser-2.jpeg

2021-porsche-911-gt-teaser-00.jpg

It's probably the GT3 that we've already seen. idk why they said it's the "youngest member of the Porsche 911 GT family", because I don't think it's accurate unless they literally meant a new 992 GT car

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/porsches-mysterious-911-gt-model-looks-very-gt3-like/

I’m assuming youngest in the 911 GT as meaning the entry point; 3->3RS->2->2RS. Maybe weirdly translated as well. Would be really surprised if it’s something actually new. No real change from the insiders at Rennlist last I looked.

Last edited:
Is it really a mysterious new GT car? I thought it was more or less confirmed it was a new GT3. "Youngest" may just refer to it being the newest GT3.

Swan neck mounts are not chunky! I guess that was all camouflage.

If it's not a GT3 maybe it's a GTH or GTE (implying hybrid)?

The 992 was supposedly engineered to support potential hybrid powertrains but I doubt those will come to fruition until a future 992.2 facelift.

For now it's almost certain the "youngest GT" is the new GT3.

Last edited:
That is the racing version?

EDIT: this new GT3 cup has 510 hp and my postcount with this post included is 22,510. :sly:

Naamloos.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but I believe the Cup cars are based on the road version and share a lot of similarity. So, we should be getting a good idea of the road car through whoever leaked that.

I always think the Targa version of the 911 is the best looking. Too bad glass is heavy. I'd love like a GT3 Targa Touring

..... The GTS — which is expected to feature a manual transmission in addition to a PDK ..... :eek: :bowdown:

I'm not even going to pretend I am not ignoring work for this.

Video waiting screen says, "A new member of the GT family." Still want us to think it's not a GT3? I'd be shocked.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1130438_2022-porsche-911-gt3-price-specs-review-photos-info

porsche-911-carrera_100781664_h.jpg

porsche-911-carrera_100781663_h.jpg

porsche-911-carrera_100781656_h.jpg

The engine is a 4.0-liter naturally aspirated flat-6 that's shared with the Cup racer. Here it generates a peak 502 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque, and willingly revs to 9,000 rpm. It also offers sharp throttle response thanks to six independent throttle bodies, according to Porsche. The engine also features dry-sump lubrication but skips electronically controlled mounts as these were deemed to be not worth the added weight.

Speaking of weight, the curb weight measures in at 3,152 pounds, Andreas Preuninger, who is responsible for the development of Porsche's GT cars, has previously stated. This is about the same as the outgoing model, which is impressive as the new car has grown in size.

To get weight down the engineers replaced more metal parts with lighter carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic, including for the hood, rear decklid and rear wing. As expected, the rear wing features swan-neck struts. By mounting to the top surface of the wing, there's more surface area on the bottom side of the wing and as a result more downforce.

More aerodynamic features are found in the front fascia which has an adjustable lip spoiler and diffuser that can be set up in stages for track use. The rear wing is also adjustable. As a result, the GT3's aerodynamics can be switched between a street setup and a performance setup. The latter increases downforce by up to 150% over the outgoing GT3, and even the street setup generates about 50% more downforce than before.

Buyers will be able to choose between a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (note, not an 8-speed like in other 992 911s). Those who are unhappy with the more pedestrian 911's Braun electric razor-like gear selector nub will be pleased to hear a proper shift lever will be placed on the center console for the dual-clutch-equipped GT3s. The 7-speed is the quicker option, helping the car to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Top speed is 197 mph. Porsche also managed a Nürburgring lap time of 6:59.927, which is 17 seconds quicker than the time of the 991 GT3 and just a couple of seconds slower than the time of the 991 GT3 RS.

For the first time in the 911 GT3's history there's a double wishbone front axle. It's a completely new setup compared to the previous car and also features in the GT3 Cup racer. Benefits are said to include improved steering accuracy and cornering stability. As for the multi-link rear suspension, not one part is shared with the other 911 models on sale today, according to Preuninger.

The center-lock wheels are larger than before with 20s in the front and 21s in the rear. The staggered Michelin tire setup features 315s in the back and 255s in the front. Track-focused Cup R tires will be an option, according to Preuninger. The standard iron brake rotors are also bigger than before, measuring 408 millimeters at the front axle, or 28 mm more than before. Carbon-ceramic rotors measuring 410 mm up front are available.

The new 911 GT3 arrives as a 2022 model.

porsche-911-carrera_100781665_h.jpg

Man, it looks good. And, as expected, it's got impressive specs and I am happy to see it's still available with a manual. How insane is the RS version going to be...

Last edited:
Guessing there was an embargo, Carfection immediately has a video where Henry breaks down the car.

Couple beautiful press shots of the car at Monaco I haven't seen early in the intro.

Back