2019 Super GT SeriesTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 163 comments
The Supra is starting to grow on me a little bit. It looks quite good in race trim. Just a shame that we have to until next year to see it on track.

Love Super GT, but for me, this season is a wash until next year, when the Supra debuts.

Hope the SGT/DTM event, winds up being a hit.

Whats Mardenbrough doing this year, He was very Promising in the Calsonic last season, was the best driver at Sugo but hes team mate couldn't keep it together.

The driver lineup of Toyota Gazoo Racing has been announced.
https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/pressrelease/2019/0207-01.html

GT500 (LC500)
#6 - LEXUS TEAM LEMANS WAKO'S
K. Oshima / K. Yama****a

#19 - LEXUS TEAM WedsSport BANDOH
Y. Kunimoto / S. Tsuboi

#36 - LEXUS TEAM au TOM'S
K. Nakajima / Y. Sekiguchi

#37 - LEXUS TEAM KeePer TOM'S
R. Hirakawa / N. Cassidy

#38 - LEXUS TEAM ZENT CERUMO
Y. Tachikawa / H. Ishiura

#39 - LEXUS TEAM SARD
H. Kovalainen / Y. Nakayama

GT300
#30 - apr (Prius)
H. Nagai / M. Orido

#31 - apr (Prius)
K. Saga / Y. Nakayama

#35 - Panther arto Team Thailand (RC F GT3)
TBD / TBD

#60 - LM corsa (RC F GT3)
H. Yoshimoto / R. Miyata

#96 - K-tunes Racing (RC F GT3)
M. Nitta / S. Sakaguchi

The driver lineup of Nissan/NISMO has been announced.
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/190209-01-j

GT500 (GT-R)
#23 - NISMO
T. Matsuda / R. Quintarelli

#3 - NDDP RACING with B-MAX
K. Hirate / F. Makowiecki

#12 - TEAM IMPUL
D. Sasaki / J. Rossiter

#24 - KONDO RACING
M. Takaboshi / J. Mardenborough

GT300 (GT-R GT3)
#10 - GAINER
K. Hoshino / K. Ishikawa

#11 - GAINER
K. Hiranaka / H. Yasuda

#56 - KONDO RACING
K. Hiramine / S. Fenestraz

Also, TOMEI SPORTS and X WORKS will use 2018 model, and NILZZ Racing will use 2015 model.

Last edited:
Should DTM still have a separate thread or merge with this thread, due to Class 1 rules?

Anyway, here's Audi.

Saw a short video on SuperGT Twitter page of Team UPGARAGE unloading a GT3 NSX. Wasn't aware that they had switched cars for this season. As cool as the Honda is, I'm going to miss the 86.

Saw a short video on SuperGT Twitter page of Team UPGARAGE unloading a GT3 NSX. Wasn't aware that they had switched cars for this season. As cool as the Honda is, I'm going to miss the 86.

There's still the Hoppy and Team Mach 86s. Not forgetting the Mark X and Lotus Evora mother chassis cars too.

I think the GT300 class will be worth watching this year too. It'll be interesting to see how the brand new Aston and McLaren get on.

And then the joint Class One race is a really exciting prospect in my opinion.

Does anyone know if the ex-NISMO TV YouTube channel will still be broadcasting this?
I see they changed their name. Any word on what's happening with them? I would assume since it's not NISMO branded anymore that the live streams we've come to love will no longer be available. Man, Nissan's racing programs going down the tubes. Such a shame.

Edit:

Last edited:
Hopefully they can get it sorted soon. Super GT is one of the few series I'm still willing to do whatever I can to watch live(except Thailand, that time slot is rough), even though you can always watch later. I was all excited for the race this weekend and it somehow never dawned on me that all of Nissan's recent follies and changes might affect the race broadcast lol.

That stinks. I really liked the NISMO channel. Hopefully they can get things worked out. Not sure I'm ready to pay for another streaming service though.

Well, one good this is, the Mark X finished P1 in practice.
D3_1LglU4AARJ4_.jpg

Cassidy, Button, Mardenborough et al aren't happy about it and they're going in to bat for international viewers, but I don't fancy their chances. Sam Collins and co want to at least get access to a live feed that they can broadcast, but again, extremely unlikely to happen this close to the race :(

Back