2019 Super GT SeriesTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 163 comments
Especially, as this is the only series of its kind and a short race schedule. I could see if it were like the many GT3, TCR series. Heck, I'd add NASCAR & F1, with their long race calendars.
Funny, but sad. Back in the day, if I wanted to watch international races, I had to either get a satellite dish(the big ones in backyards) or go to a bar that had a dish. Today, we have satellite feeds everywhere and catch watch the dang races.

They're so lucky the first race of this year was a bit of a (literal) damp squib. This international rights beef is so unnecessary on Super GT's end and the sooner they end it and get us talking about the actual, all-important, fantastic racing again, the better.

The LETS GO RACING YouTube channel got the rights fee that they wanted for the English stream of the 2019 SGT...until an arrogant company wanted exclusive rights and locking it behind the paywall...

SGT is entering the darkest days now, while DTM is thriving on its free official livestreams, from what I've seen from last year.

I don't understand the thinking. At least Super Taikyu still broadcast on YT. It used to look like a low rent feed. This year, it's gotten better.

I really feel for the LGR team and the fans that have accumulated over the years. I was really looking forward to watching and seeing if Honda could make more strides after one of their cars took the title. I don't know if I'd want to pay a company that forced us out of a better deal. That and LGR was already setting things into motion on their agreement. This is disgusting.

Full race recordings as well? Guessing this means that they won't be uploaded to the SuperGT Youtube channel after all. 👎

All races starting from the Fuji 500km will be live streamed for free on Motorsport.tv.

Signed up for a free account, we'll see how it turns out. It certainly wants to push down a paid sub on my throat.

If they're making it available for free then why oust the other guys? I mean I get the thinking behind it to pull more viewers to their platforms to advertise to, but man... Dick move I think.

#1 Will subscribers like the race callers?

#2 Will MoyorsTV put up with the roasting subscribers are bound to hash out?

#3 When does it then, become a paid subscription?

#4 Why couldn't this all have been avoided and at least collab with LGR?

Signed up for a free account, we'll see how it turns out. It certainly wants to push down a paid sub on my throat.
No kidding. I signed up but all it offers me in monthy charge or annual charge. If there are adds every 5 minutes it will be the last time I watch a motor race.

I was all excited to watch the races on YouTube this year, then the whole saga went on, but hopefully it goes well with the new partner. A quick perousal of the Motorsport site looks like they archive their streams, so hopefully SuperGT isn’t any different. I have zero interest in watching races live, I just watch them later during the week on my lunch breaks or when I get home from work. I’m quite happy someone is uploading BTCC and WTCR races to YouTube this season as well, been enjoying them. I’ve never watched SuperGT, but have always wanted to. Usually not a fan of multiclass racing, but I’ll give it a try.

Hopefully it’s not like Fanschoice TV and you can only watch things live, and then they disappear into the ether.

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t watch anything live, I wish there were more archives of full races from the current season online other than unofficially on YouTube. I only watch NASCAR and F1 live (using illegal streaming sites) because I don’t own a TV/DVR (I mean cable or satellite, I obviously have one to connect to consoles)

I was all excited to watch the races on YouTube this year, then the whole saga went on, but hopefully it goes well with the new partner. A quick perousal of the Motorsport site looks like they archive their streams, so hopefully SuperGT isn’t any different. I have zero interest in watching races live, I just watch them later during the week on my lunch breaks or when I get home from work. I’m quite happy someone is uploading BTCC and WTCR races to YouTube this season as well, been enjoying them. I’ve never watched SuperGT, but have always wanted to. Usually not a fan of multiclass racing, but I’ll give it a try.

Hopefully it’s not like Fanschoice TV and you can only watch things live, and then they disappear into the ether.

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t watch anything live, I wish there were more archives of full races from the current season online other than unofficially on YouTube. I only watch NASCAR and F1 live (using illegal streaming sites) because I don’t own a TV/DVR (I mean cable or satellite, I obviously have one to connect to consoles)
There are plenty of full race replays on the ex Nismo YouTube channel. Check them out.

You can watch the races on demand and you don't need to create any accounts or sign up to anything.

I will be seeing how the new streams are. I enjoyed watching them last year. I was set to give up on getting to see the races this year, I would not have been very happy about having to pay for something when we've had it for free.

I'm not bothered where I watch but it is a bit disappointing that Sam and Rob won't be commentating. Hopefully it'll be someone like Martin Haven.

While we’re waiting to see how the Super GT broadcast will be, the other Class 1 series has started and can be seen, currently only in German:

Back