2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Based on their racesuits. Very interested to see what the GRM cars look like. Something similar to what Boost ran on both Courtney and Percat's cars at Bathurst a couple of years back?

MH2_0385.jpg

It's the Castrol green that always makes the Tickford cars look bad, especially the Supercheap car. It ruins the Monster livery when they run it on that car as well, and it's only just passable on the Bottle-O paint one.

With you on that. The Castrol logo's on the bonnets of the Tickford cars have always looked out of place. The thing that's really annoying me about Chaz's too, is the blue from the Century Batteries logo across the front quarters. There's too much going on. :crazy:

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, I actually quite like the Supercheap car. It’s nice to not see yellow on a SCA for a change, and although there’s so much going on towards the first of the car, it hides the weird lines and nose of the Mustang.

That Class pic looks silly. Everyone is looking at something else. :irked:

The Mega race suit should look very cool. I forgot GRM are running Boost. Thought, "Why are Courtney and Pue up the back?".

Sure hope the Bottle-O car has black wheels.
Edit: Nope
tr-2019-mustang-the-bottle-o-quater-1.jpg

IMG_6561.JPG

Last edited:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/phillip-island-test-what-you-need-to-know/?sf207675043=1
I miss Melbourne. If I were back down, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Pitlane opens at 9am and runs through to 5pm, with no designated break for lunch during the day.

Fans are invited to attend, with entry free of charge and from 8:30am via Gate 7.

Public viewing is from the pit paddock and the roof of Phillip Island's pit complex until 4:45pm.

Within the paddock, the circuit cafe will be in operation during the day.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/new-control-parts-rules-ready-for-debut/

Edit: Wonder if they'll do this proper, now that the Mustang is on the grid.

Last edited:
Racecars are loud, who knew? :lol:
:lol:👍
Weird though because as Barry Ryan said they've been using the exhaust system/muffler/engine setup for the past few seasons? Probably lucky that it happened during test and not during a race weekend given that they didn't have the parts on hand to fix the noise issue.
Apparently they weren't the only ones but the other teams fixed it somehow. https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/erebus-test-ends-early-over-noise-issue/

And with less than an hour to go:

Untitled12.png

I can't believe there are noise regulations at Phillip Island. I mean at Sandown it's fair enough because people live very close to the circuit, but there aren't many people living near the Phillip Island circuit. I don't get it.
The pengoowins, man. The pengoowins.

I can't believe there are noise regulations at Phillip Island. I mean at Sandown it's fair enough because people live very close to the circuit, but there aren't many people living near the Phillip Island circuit. I don't get it.
I did a bit of reading around and found out it's a Supercars mandated limit, although some tracks do have limits as well. People live very close to many of the circuits, Adelaide, Surfers and Newcastle off the top of my head, probably others as well, but PI is different, the whole island is a nature reserve. Can't be disturbing the penguins now can we ;).

Edit: I was just listening to the footage below and the Erebus car did sound slightly louder to me, so I did some very basic testing using a digital level meter I have on my PC and that too showed it to be slightly louder. It wasn't very scientific but... :dopey:

https://www.supercars.com/videos/ch...-on-track-at-phillip-island-test/?cat=default

Last edited:
100% agree with you about Phillip Island.
Now Sandown.
If you move into a house near a racetrack that has held races since the early 60’s, don’t be a 🤬 & bitch about the noise.

IMO, the only people that have the right to complain, are those that lived near the track before it held races.

Bob Jane had the same problem with the Thunderdome.
Built & the opened in 1987, houses get built closer & the whinging starts :dopey: :irked:

We have the same problem at Western Springs in NZ, people buy a house next to a known concert and racing venue then complain about the noise :banghead:.
It's funny though, they don't complain when its a concert from an artist they like (they basically getting a free concert ticket), but if its racing or music they don't like, then there are complaints to councils, governments, media.

Back