2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
I think the Camaro needs to wait until the new regulations so it doesn't look like the "Mustang".

Don't think I don't agree with you. I'm thinking in terms of how Todd said he doesn't want to be anyone's customer. Having both of those teams develop the Camaro, would be great. I'd prefer the Camaro been done right, than pieced together in 3 months like the E63. Do it right, like GRM did the S60.

I think the regulations need an overhaul. There's too much downforce inhibiting passing, and with the launch of the mustang there hasn't been a V8 supercar that less resembles its roadgoing counterpart. I would like to see a lot of parts closer to stock.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/02/19/supercars-clarifies-2020-summer-series-concept/

Umm, it's known to be hot and humid even at night. Back to a long behind break. 👎

May as well run 6/8 races at 300km over the weekend like SuperGT.

Ridiculous. One of the reasons they struggle to compete with other sports is that there's no free to air presence outside of Bathurst. Really inept management.

Also, none of the venues on the calendar look particularly inviting on a 40 degree day. Also likely that wet season will rain out some races. I am thinking of Townsville in particular. Eastern Creek night race will be warmer in Summer, but a higher chance of rain.

Overall, I'm skeptical of their vision.

Last edited:
Next week’s weather here in Adelaide is a good indication as to why you don’t want to run a season over the summer - Three days straight of 37°c so far. Here’s hoping for a cool change by the time Thursday comes around. :scared:

Next week’s weather here in Adelaide is a good indication as to why you don’t want to run a season over the summer - Three days straight of 37°c so far. Here’s hoping for a cool change by the time Thursday comes around. :scared:

Wasn't it something close to that on COTF debut? What made it worse were the lack of cooling around the foot pedals.

The real test will be, how soon does Tim Slade faint.

Umm, it's known to be hot and humid even at night. Back to a long behind break. 👎

Still no idea what the sudden issue is with being up against the NRL & AFL is. The series has been up against both footy codes for years and has done alright. And I'm not sure that casual fans will love the long break over Winter.

Last edited:
I think it's a Fox issue more than a Supercars issue. Fox is probably losing to many subscriptions over the summer months.

I can't speak for all AFL supporters but in my case I follow one team and one team only, so I only ever watch one game per week at the most. There was only three or four games all last year that overlapped with Supercars for me, and some were only by the first quarter of the footy. AFL is also having more night games than ever before with the addition of Thursday night games, so there'll be even less overlap. All in all, not much of an issue for me.

Like many in the southern states I have no interest in NRL... except for the Origin series, so no issue at all there.

My conclusion: Fox Sports is really starting to piss me off.

Also, Supercars has already tried a break in the middle of the season and it pissed everyone off. Why they think a longer break will work is beyond me.

I think it's a Fox issue more than a Supercars issue. Fox is probably losing to many subscriptions over the summer months.

Good call. Would not surprise me in the least if that's the real reasoning behind it.
I can't speak for all AFL supporters but in my case I follow one team and one team only, so I only ever watch one game per week at the most.

I'm the sort of same way with the NRL. Only really watch the Roosters games every week (might flick over to other games just to see what's happening but never watch them in full). Get some overlap a couple times a year, if the Roosters have a Sunday game and there happens to be a race on at the same time. But doesn't really bother me much. A lot of the time you can flick between both without missing out on too much.

VASC are doing my head in. Only thing with the Fox deal is, they did the spin off thing with the Kayo streaming service. So, they're getting subscribers from that. Do they want to increase subscriber numbers before end of financial year? It still doesn't make a difference. Simply a bad idea.

...and the NASCAR one looks like the old model.
Well, there's that too :ouch:

I was just thinking of a Mustang 'speed comparison' they could've done on top of the parade/demo laps.

Mustang GT4 versus Shelby GT350 versus the newly released 700bhp+ GT500. Possibly too early to get a GT500 out here in time.

The GT4 would have the grip & braking, the GT350 the flat-plane revs & the GT500 the whine from the supercharger and straight line mumbo.

Yeah, no excuse not to do a proper speed comparison with all Mustangs.

As a side, saw my first HSV Camaro here, in Newcastle. Of course it was red. Black plates w/red letters : "MY CMRO". Woman driving it.

I think they'll be popping up all over.

Four days of 37°C now, and then.....
12.png

39°C on Thursday :scared::ouch::banghead:.... and from what I've looked up it doesn't look like any relief till Sunday or Monday. It's going to be hard on the drivers/spectators again!!!!

Also, about the three Mustang comparison. I'd put the NASCAR version in the middle of the three. It'll make the Supercars version look better ;).

Back