2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
  • 112,989 views
But Chaz just blows it again. AT least Davison and Fabs are in it.
 
Hasn’t been a particularly exciting race, McLaughlin has been all by himself.
 
No doubt it would have been 5 Mustangs in positions 1-5.
 
That was a pretty impresive debut for the Mustang 👍
 
****, that was a hot day. Great job to Scott, he absolutely killed it.
 
Aside from the Holdsworth and Pye thing and Waters' cool suit failure (which didn't seem like it was actually bothering Cam at all?). Pretty uneventful race. Surprised that SVG didn't get a bad sportsmanship flag for blocking Mostert the way he did.
Yeah I agree. SVG's blocking was out of order for that early in the race and with him being the first to complain about that sort of behavior from others, I hope the rest of the field takes notice and gives him the same treatment, not just Chaz.

Only Roland would classify finishing 2nd and 3rd as "not quite having the performance". :lol:
:lol: And it was probably more to do with the changes to the springs and ECU than anything.

Great drive by Fabs to finish less than 10 seconds out of second after muffing the start. That's the way to stifle all the Mostert chat.
 
The way Coulthard pushed from the beginning, if he has that same pace and a good start, he gets the win today. I'm happy for him. I definitely gave him flak last season. As he noted, the car was wasn't set up "for him", I do hope he can go even better than he went 2017. Still would love to see Chaz in the #12 though. :D
 
I’m feeling a few drops of rain just outside of the city. Hopefully it keeps up!
 
Just realised, no Safety Car all race.
 
I’m feeling a few drops of rain just outside of the city. Hopefully it keeps up!

D84C05AE-8293-4BFB-892C-EB336D251F12.jpeg


Hmm...

I don’t want to get my hopes up though.
 
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/03/03/dane-unwilling-to-rush-to-judgement-on-mustang-parity/

Roland Dane: “The trouble is, it’s (the Mustang) not built to the same set of rules as us, so we’ll have to see whether that ultimately makes a difference or not.''

Wasn't that the problem last year? Now all but the Nissan were built to the same rules.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's just the first race for Christ Sake. If the Mustangs start to dominate the next few rounds, then the discussions shall start.
 
Phenomenal job from Hazelwood to make the shootout.

Whincup in 12th. When was the last time he started a Adelaide race from outside the ten? :crazy:
 
The same way Scott had to slow up at Newcastle, both RB cars miscalculated fuel. Giz laughed at Chaz, but Chaz probably made him push more than RB wanted. I also think Whincup pushed too hard to try and catch the #17. Only other thing I can think of, the spring may be causing them to drive the car harder and thus burning more fuel.

When Holdsworth gets more comfortable, he'll be right with the rest of the Mustangs.
 
Hold on... Wil Davison just said they were running after the "TCR cars". Hope he meant TCM.
 
Hmm...

I don’t want to get my hopes up though.
Yeah, it’s unlikely to be much but, a few hours later, and I’m feeling a few more drops (and a few in my screen while I type this). So, I’m not getting my hopes up but it’s looking a little ominous now.
 
One thing I never complain about is how hot it gets. These pictures give me hope that summer is coming to the Northern Hemisphere soon. I hate the cold weather.
 
This is why they don't need tyre bundles. Crompton just said they're used to change the approach. Time certain looks to be certain....
 
So, I guess we’re going to get our first time certain race of the year, huh?
 
The Super2s finished like 45 minutes ago surely they could have fixed it in that break
 
The Super2s finished like 45 minutes ago surely they could have fixed it in that break
But then the workers wouldn’t be able to stand up for the national anthem.
 
The Boost Mobile racesuits look so ugly, looks like something from 2004.
 
Wish they'd stop mentioning stewards after every touch. Look like CAm couldn't get turned as they were stuck together.
 
The Super2s finished like 45 minutes ago surely they could have fixed it in that break

That kind of reasonable logic doesn't seem to come into the minds of the stewards.
 
From the replay, Cam was a bit locked up. Don't need stewards for that.
 
Back