2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Sneak peek of Chaz's new livery. Ffs they left the Castrol green bit :banghead:.

Hope they've dumped all of the other colours completely and just gone with black and yellow. Even with the big horrible lump of green on the front, I quite like the look of it. Definitely an improvement.

Hope they've dumped all of the other colours completely and just gone with black and yellow. Even with the big horrible lump of green on the front, I quite like the look of it. Definitely an improvement.
Yeah, so far it looks to be not so colourful.... in a good way. They've, at the very least, lost the blue background of the Century logo and the white on the top of the fenders (the bit I changed to red for you). Then they've swapped the red on the front bar for red behind the grill.

Untitled.png

WOuld it hurt them to just color match to the body? :rolleyes:
The main issue seems to be with Castrol, they don't seem willing to compromise for the good of the livery. I know they pay for that section of the bonnet but the green background really doesn't add anything to the design :yuck:.

Yeah, so far it looks to be not so colourful.... in a good way. They've, at the very least, lost the blue background of the Century logo and the white on the top of the fenders (the bit I changed to red for you). Then they've swapped the red on the front bar for red behind the grill.

View attachment 811580
Where has ToolPRO gone in the new livery?

No windscreen banner, gone from the front bumper too :odd:

Where has ToolPRO gone in the new livery?

No windscreen banner, gone from the front bumper too :odd:
Good spot! ToolPRO must have varying degrees of sponsorship, or could be in a different spot all together.

At Melbourne it was above the windscreen banner.

MH2_6513.jpg

Now it's gone from there too! Going by the bottom right corner of the picture below they look to have been replaced by Century.

Untitled.png
Century-Batteries-Logo.png

Supercheap Auto cars have had rotating sponsors on the front of their cars for the last 5-6 years at least. At Walkinshaw, the bonnet sponsor would rotate between Supercheap, Castrol and Stanley. At Tickford the bonnet has rotated between Supercheap, Castrol and Bosch Spark Plugs, while some of the other sponsors on the front bumper have also been mixed around from time to time. So assuming they follow with the same with the same idea, we won’t see the block of green at every race.

I pay too much attention to liveries lmao

Just while we're on the subject of liveries. Must say that Jack Smith's wildcard entry for this weekend looks the goods.

Smith-livery-2-1200x900.jpg

All this aero testing talk is okay as long as it's in preparation for rules governing the next gen car. If it's to be implemented this year it sucks big time.

As far as the CoG, I'm very suspect of these new rules and think the idea DJRTP put forward last year (and again this year) was far better. From what I understand, their method would have spread the weight evenly throughout the cars for all brands, front to back and floor to roof, while still achieving even CoG's so the cars would not be adversely affected (between brands) by cornering load.

*Now I'm no mathematician, nor am I an engineer, but I do have some basic knowledge of how things work and from what I see the current test may work for a static test, but what about under load? Neither the ZB or Nissan would have anything close to the roof weight that the Mustang now has to carry, and with it being so far above the CoG it has to have more of a negative effect under G forces. With the previous distance of the ballast below the CoG being fairly small to what I would guesstimate as being at least double the distance above, then add two G's (another guesstimate) and that roof will weigh a shedload more **during cornering. Doubling the 28 kgs already takes the roof to 56 kgs while under 2 g's of cornering, then add the extended distance above the pivot point (CoG) and you start to see the full effect.

They really need to get this sorted for the next gen car or I can see The Nationals being the go to events for many.

*This is just my view on how things work and I will happily be corrected if any of my thoughts are incorrect. :)

Edit: ** I forgot to add that bit :embarrassed:

Last edited:
They could have done a lot better with the yellow graphic that splits the red from the black sections imo but overall it's an improvement... now come on Castrol, tow the line :indiff:.

Mostert-livery-1-1200x799.jpg

Edit: Found'em @Pete05 :sly:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Made it worse. No creativity.

Yep, not very pleasant at all. The yellow line on the side would look tonnes better if it was in line with the bottom of the window. It looks wonky because it’s on a different angle to the window. The Bendix logo looked much better when the white was actually apart of the design, rather than a white block.

Original design looked much better imo.

Marginally better than the original scheme. The Milwaukee Mustang is still easily my favorite Mustang on the grid.

Looks like a first attempt in GT Sport Livery Editor.

Calling off the wind tunnel test... my head hurts.

I think it looks fine. When I get the chance, I'll put the livery on my Group 3 Mustang.

I think if they used the Bottle-O livery, with Supercheap colors, would be more professional. One more thing, looking at the Nissan cars, they have the white castrol and transparent background.

Lowndes made a good point about teams having to start on fuel they qualified with. Not being allowed to touch fuel in parc ferme.

Just going through my subscriptions on YouTube on my lunch and noticed that Supercars will be live streaming all of the practice sessions which I thought was interesting. First time they have done that.

For anyone interested, or needing to, it works if you go through a US server with a VPN. It doesn't work if you try to view it from Australia.

Attachments

• With VPN.png
    With VPN.png
    111 KB · Views: 8
  • Without VPN.png
    Without VPN.png
    23 KB · Views: 7
So despite being the top finishing rookie last year. Le Brocq is apparently fighting for his seat at Tekno.

Sounds like there might someone with a bit of cash waiting in the wings. Rullo, maybe?
For anyone interested, or needing to, it works if you go through a US server with a VPN. It doesn't work if you try to view it from Australia.

Off topic but the VPN thing worked like a charm for the 12hr. Only problem I had was that the Nismo stream was around 30-40 seconds behind 7's coverage. Thanks for the heads up with that. 👍

So despite being the top finishing rookie last year. Le Brocq is apparently fighting for his seat at Tekno.

Sounds like there might someone with a bit of cash waiting in the wings. Rullo, maybe?
That's who they suggested on Trackside yesterday, and also mentioned him bringing sponsorship.

Off topic but the VPN thing worked like a charm for the 12hr. Only problem I had was that the Nismo stream was around 30-40 seconds behind 7's coverage. Thanks for the heads up with that. 👍
No worries :)

Such a shame he didn't get the Nissan seat. Really wanted him in the Erebus or Tickford seat.

I’m fast losing any respect I had for Tekno with this BS.

Webb said something along the lines of we went through Jack’s rookie season & were going to see more results by now.

WTF makes him think Rullo is going to do better or, is he blinded by the bag full of money?

I’m fast losing any respect I had for Tekno with this BS.

Webb said something along the lines of we went through Jack’s rookie season & were going to see more results by now.

WTF makes him think Rullo is going to do better or, is he blinded by the bag full of money?
You serious? He said that?! Well, that's another loss for Webbhead.

Wil Davison was just about where Lebrocq is. They just happened to win at Bathurst(Oh, Ye of little faith. I remember it was he who walked away and didn't want to watch the outcome).

I'm going to go with the second option. :lol:

Sucks for Le Brocq if he does lose his seat this way. Hopefully he'll get another chance with another team. Would love to see how he goes in a halfway decent car.

Back