2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
WHy was Simona still parked? SHe was in the 10 and maybe could have stayed there, with another run.

Edit: Awesome qualy! Good for Chaz. Good for Simona. Oh and Heimgartner!

Last edited:
Yeah, nice job from Simona. Impressive stiff from Winterbottom as well. WAU though, nowhere as usual. :indiff:

Yeah, for RBHRT to be dead last and get up there, WAU gotta stop scratching their heads. Pye should at least be next to JC.

Wow, it got cold fast out there. We clocked out, handed our free grandstand seats to a dad and his son on the way out. Can’t wait to watch the race under the heater at home with a cup of tea. :lol:

Dammit, missed the start.

Edit: And now the stream decided it doesn't want to work. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: Guess I get to miss the end of the race... :(

Last edited:
They need better camera angles here. Around the back of the circuit, the camera is so long that you can see the position of the car on the road, and in other areas of the track, the camera is super shaky and unstable.

Stopped watching about ten laps out from the end. First bit of the race wasn't bad but there wasn't a hell of a lot going on after the second stops. As much I like the track, I fear the 500km race next year could become a bit of a snooze fest once the field spreads out.

Shame that Davison had that hiccup on pit road, probably could have pulled off a win there. Good run for Percat.

The track is good, but it's problem is that it's a driver's track. Fun for doing stuff like track days in your personal car, but not good for actual racing.

CF52665D-4E30-4A31-91C0-948AD2896D06.jpeg

Did some drawing to try and see how I think the circuit could be improved (Excuse my poor iPad drawing lol).

I’ve extended turn 6 to give it a longer entry and braking zone. I’ve tightened the apex to make it so that the majority of braking will be done before turn in, rather than braking through to the fairly late and long apex that is currently in place.

The long multiple apex turn 7,8,9,10 complex is one my least favourite parts of the track to be honest. Turn 7 and 8 are wide and fast, but sharpened 9 and 10 turn the complex into an awkward half throttle mess. I’ve decided to extend it quite a bit and added another long braking zone. The whole back section of the track has almost no passing opportunities, so turn 7 and 8 are now a super fast entry for the heaving braking of turn 9, with turn 10 now also a fast left hander into the current right hander.

Currently turns 14 and 15 and both slow to medium speed corners and are tricky for cars to follow closely. Again, I’ve extended turn 14 with an added left hand kink on entry (I thought it would’ve been same-y as the other changes that had made if I kept the entry straight). The angle of turn 15 is now lessened and 15,16 are now more of a high speed esses giving cars more speed to carry into the braking zone of the tight 17.

The final corner and main straight reminds me very much of Catalunya in a sense that it’s a very long straight that be prime for passing, but is spoiled by an awkward long apex final corner. The long apex makes it tricky for cars to stay close and carry speed to make a run at the car in front down the straight. I’ve turned it into a short apex corner that opens up on exit so that drivers just dab the brakes before flowing through onto the straight. Modelled it off the final corner of the Red Bull Ring and the short apex and open exit means that cars would be carrying much more speed down the straight towards turn 1.

I wonder what The Bend be like next year as the pre-Bathurst enduro. Would it still be retro round or will stay as a solo driver event at Sandown? Will the racing be better next year, because it has the uncertain factor of the enduro cup. Hopefully it will be a good race next year.

Considering Matt Stone said they were talking to him the other day about a second car, that is my bet.
I don't know how they'll run a second car. Hazelwood was told to look elsewhere, Courtney will probably be able to bring sponsorship value to one car, but who for the second. Simona and Harvey Norman maybe?

I don't know how they'll run a second car. Hazelwood was told to look elsewhere, Courtney will probably be able to bring sponsorship value to one car, but who for the second. Simona and Harvey Norman maybe?
That seems interesting. With the speed HAzelwood has shown in their ZB, MSR could be the next Erebus in a few years time.

That seems interesting. With the speed HAzelwood has shown in their ZB, MSR could be the next Erebus in a few years time.
It would've been great for young Todd to have a driver like JC as a team mate to learn from. Guess I'm going to have to buy a shedload more sausages in bread from the hardware down the road so he can afford another drive :P.

Isn't there talk of Team 18 expanding to two cars? Think it's more likely Courtney ends up there given his past association with Charlie Schwerkolt. Interesting to see what happens with Pye now.

+1 for the 👎 on dropping PI.

I'm unsure of GC at night. It's going to be hard on co-drivers :scared:.... as will The Bend. They're gonna earn their pay checks next year.

I like the idea of longer SuperSprint races, and all of the qualifying format changes.

I still don't like Melbourne GP qualifying. 10 minutes is just a bit too short for those at the wrong end of pit lane if something happens on track (but I suppose that's the price you pay). An extra 2 minutes would suffice I think.

Looks pretty reasonable to me, that's my 2 cents :).

Latest Posts

Back