2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
I think SuperCheap would rather be on the Mustang, but they'd probably still get tv time with Chaz and that sponsorship, back on a Commodore.

Walkinshaw have had a long association with Mobil 1 and Supercheap have Castrol. Little bit of a conflict there. Money does talk though.

Last edited:
Walkinshaw have had a long association with Mobil 1 and Supercheap have Castrol. There's a bit of a conflict there. Money does talk though.
What was the Mega Fuels? Oil or petrol?

Edit: :lol: Just read it. Still to see MEGA and Mobil in the same location at the back of the car. I don't know about these "loyal" sponsors.

This is well and truly beyond a joke now :banghead:. They won't stop until T8 can win easily again... even though they were the only team slower than their 2018 pace at The Bend (and every other aero dependant circuit so far, I think?).

Skaife commented during The Bend telecast that the average increase of the field was .86 sec. faster than last year. SM was .87 faster than his time last year, but T8 was .6 slower than theirs. Also, why once again was Anton de Pasquale the class of the Holden bunch? Less time on the twin spring maybe, so he's not searching for a feel he can't have (like a certain other team)?

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/09/04/further-aero-changes-for-holden-commodores/

Just in time for Bathurst.

Man, once the last changes were made, that's it. New changes should be homologated for next year. Sorry, but even proposing the aero midyear should still be too late to be signed off for this year.

It's OK. There's still plenty of time for the Frankenstang to do some sand-bagging & regain their advantage ;)

*There's a meme that involves lobbing a grenade & ducking for cover that I can't find. So appropriate for ^ :D

Just in time for Bathurst.

Man, once the last changes were made, that's it. New changes should be homologated for next year. Sorry, but even proposing the aero midyear should still be too late to be signed off for this year.
Don't you mean, just in time to have a pre-Bathurst hit-out in NZ to see if they need any more changes for Bathurst :P
They should also shave some weight from the Altima's. Just sayin'.
They can't, because it's a parity series not a BOP series.

I honestly think Kelly Racing shot themselves in the foot with the aero change before the start of this season. They were starting to go alright near the end of last season (well Andre Heimgartner was anyway) and with some of the Holden's struggling they could very well have been a few places closer to the front, maybe even a few podiums this year. Now they've lost the first half of the year struggling again, just to go back to close to what they had last year.

It's pretty easy for me to be an armchair expert with 20/20 hindsight hey :dopey:.

Don't you mean, just in time to have a pre-Bathurst hit-out in NZ to see if they need any more changes for Bathurst :P
They can't, because it's a parity series not a BOP series.
And that's what's killing the series in my opinion. They have to go the way of GT3 if they're to keep the racing competitive. These constant adjustments are driving me mad. Nobody wants to sit still on this issue do they?

WAU has officially parted ways with Mega Fuels. Hopefully they can secure some other backing for Bathurst and the rest of the season.

However, multiple paddock sources have also told this website that the adjustments to the Holdens were not approved by the Supercars Commission per se, but by the championship’s technical department acting on behalf of the Commission and in accordance with series regulations.
Source: the article in @05XR8's post above

Worrying times in Supercar land with this sort of stuff going on :indiff: No wonder people are quitting.

Source: the article in @05XR8's post above

Worrying times in Supercar land with this sort of stuff going on :indiff: No wonder people are quitting.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Supercars Commission didn't make the changes to the Holden but, they delegate the capacity to make a decision to the Technical Department and they made the change?

If it's a case of the Technical Department making a change without the authority of the Commission, then how is that possible? Regulations were followed, changes were made. We don't have to like it & if it led to the resignation from the Commission of Crompton & Kelly, they obviously don't agree with it either and have taken what they deem appropriate action.

It all seems black or white to me with no grey area at all.

Having said all that, 2019 has been a technical mess of unprecedented proportions. Worrying times indeed.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Supercars Commission didn't make the changes to the Holden but, they delegate the capacity to make a decision to the Technical Department and they made the change?

If it's a case of the Technical Department making a change without the authority of the Commission, then how is that possible? Regulations were followed, changes were made. We don't have to like it & if it led to the resignation from the Commission of Crompton & Kelly, they obviously don't agree with it either and have taken what they deem appropriate action.

It all seems black or white to me with no grey area at all.

Having said all that, 2019 has been a technical mess of unprecedented proportions. Worrying times indeed.
I think we've been in the ''grey area'' since the introduction of the ZB, the Mustang just went a much darker shade of grey.

Update the bodywork (even if the car isn't sold there) and keep rolling.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2F2019_nissan_altima_photo_01.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

I'd rather see them with four Nissans myself and I'm glad they've ruled out ZB's, if only for the variety on the grid and more even brand distribution.

Personally would like to see them stick with Nissan as well, just for variety's sake. Would be very interested to see how Heimgartner goes in a Mustang though. Think he could become a genuine contender.

The Kelly's by pioneering a Nissan Supercar have painted themselves into an expensive corner with Nissan pulling financial support.

If they stick with what they've got, they run an outdated car no longer sold here. If they update to the newer Altima, they have the same problem but a fresher look.

If they swap over to the Mustang, they have to sell all Nissan stock to anyone interested & restock with the blue oval brand. They also lose their uniqueness as a marketing point to any potential sponsor.

Considering how some of the regulations supposedly limit the potential of the Nissan engine, they may as well cut their loses & adopt the Ford.

I'd love them to run a new Altima skin, but just run the Mustangs. Get the wins/results. Look at what Betty said, she said she should have kept the Fords if she had to do it all over. KR need to cut those losses and go racing again.

Is this better? I'd already blown the image up trying to work out the car on the far right, black Nissan maybe?

View attachment 849460
It looks like the walkinshaw cars have pretty much the same livery. But obviously Mobil 1 on the side due to Mega being bankrupt. Instead of the yellow strips if want to call them that are now red. Also that black nissan is Andre Heimgartner. I wonder if walkinshaw will get another sponsor for the enduros or not?

Back