2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Losing Phillip Island is a huge blow to the series. I'm pissed off but not surprised with the decision. Can't they drop the Gold Coast instead? The track is rubbish but it must be making quite a bit of money. At least Sandown is still on the calendar; I can live with it being a sprint round. Looks I may be going to The Bend though for the annual 500KM event.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/08/29/kelly-racing-launches-fan-vote-for-bathurst-livery/

Kelly-livery-1200x675.jpg

Bottom right for me, even if it is near identical (a few less spikey bits) to last years.

Attachments

• AP5_3251-1-800x533.jpg
    AP5_3251-1-800x533.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
+1 for the 👎 on dropping PI.

I'm unsure of GC at night. It's going to be hard on co-drivers :scared:.... as will The Bend. They're gonna earn their pay checks next year.

I like the idea of longer SuperSprint races, and all of the qualifying format changes.

I still don't like Melbourne GP qualifying. 10 minutes is just a bit too short for those at the wrong end of pit lane if something happens on track (but I suppose that's the price you pay). An extra 2 minutes would suffice I think.

Looks pretty reasonable to me, that's my 2 cents :).
Yeah i can see why they dropped QR but not PI. As someone who lives on the Gold Coast i think it would be pretty cool when we go night racing. Don't get why the Bend gets the enduro. It's just a boring track for action. I'm glad that Sandown stays though.

I agree with you but the chances of them running that livery again would have to be slim.

I'd be happy with any of the other Commodore liveries. The FPR livery is one of the worst Castrol liveries ever.
I may have played down the differences a bit too much as they are different enough, last years was early 90's (below), this years one is late 90's... and I don't think they'll have a say, with it being a fan vote.
1993-2.jpg

Plus one on the FPR being a crap Castrol livery. Too many different sponsers.

Silver Bullet gets my vote purely because the Magnatec livery isn't an option.

ingall-magnatec-canberra.jpg
...yet. It's only the first round ;).

Fat chance of them running 5-spoke OZs. :(

Edit: I forget I can use Aussie sayings...

Buckeleys of them running 5-spoke OZs. ;)

Fat chance of them running 5-spoke OZs. :(

Edit: I forget I can use Aussie sayings...

Buckeleys of them running 5-spoke OZs. ;)
The Aussie saying usually went something like,

"You've got two chances: Buckley's & Nunn."

Buckley & Nunn were a landmark drapery store in Melbourne that was eventually taken over by David Jones.

And yes, Buckley's of them running the OZ wheels. They were 17" & they now use 18". We can't even get them to paint the wheels to match what they tease us with in a livery reveal. :irked:

The Aussie saying usually went something like,

"You've got two chances: Buckley's & Nunn."

Buckley & Nunn were a landmark drapery store in Melbourne that was eventually taken over by David Jones.

And yes, Buckley's of them running the OZ wheels. They were 17" & they now use 18". We can't even get them to paint the wheels to match what they tease us with in a livery reveal. :irked:
I thought Buckley was the guy that got stuck in the middle of Australia. Something like that. :lol:

So, despite a recent Speedcafe article, my sources tell me that James Courtney has made his decision on next year. But their sources aren’t telling them (even though they are siblings). :P

Apparently, Pye could have a chance at Mostert's seat at Tickford if Mostert decides to leave of course, which isn't out of the question.

Le Brocq's name has been mentioned as well. Think either way, Holdsworth probably ends up being the odd one out at Tickford.

My wife just told me she just now found out about the department store(after telling her of our discussion here). The story she was told, is of a convict named Buckley. The police were after him and he had no chance("Buckley's and none") of eluding capture. :lol:

About Will Brown. Good for him that he's being honest. We can see he has skills, but he knows himself. If that's how he feels and he wants to hold off until he knows the timing is right, more power to him.

About the Tickford seat I can't call that one. I do wonder if Chaz is considering leaving, as WAU have ties to Indy. Also, he could do TCR and different types of racing with a new contract.
It would be wild of him to leave Tickford with being 2nd in the Championship and possible wins before the end of this season. He'd be pulling a Daniel Ricciardo, if he does leave.

My wife just told me she just now found out about the department store(after telling her of our discussion here). The story she was told, is of a convict named Buckley. The police were after him and he had no chance("Buckley's and none") of eluding capture. :lol:

About Will Brown. Good for him that he's being honest. We can see he has skills, but he knows himself. If that's how he feels and he wants to hold off until he knows the timing is right, more power to him.

About the Tickford seat I can't call that one. I do wonder if Chaz is considering leaving, as WAU have ties to Indy. Also, he could do TCR and different types of racing with a new contract.
It would be wild of him to leave Tickford with being 2nd in the Championship and possible wins before the end of this season. He'd be pulling a Daniel Ricciardo, if he does leave.
Your wife is obviously referring to early convict William Buckley.

You can look him up on the web if you like. It's one helluva story.

Experienced the modified turn 6 at Sandown first hand today. The barrier is far deeper now quite a bit of tarmac runoff. The work is finished yet though, the end of the tarmac runoff was just dirt, and there was no wall behind the new tire barrier yet.

Experienced the modified turn 6 at Sandown first hand today. The barrier is far deeper now quite a bit of tarmac runoff. The work is finished yet though, the end of the tarmac runoff was just dirt, and there was no wall behind the new tire barrier yet.
IMO, they've totally ruined what was one of the best corners in the country.

The only thing they could've done to make it worse would've been to change the profile of the corner altogether.

They could at least place a big sausage curb at Turn 7 to discourage drivers from trying to gain too much time through 6.

****, that's not good news! I hope Chaz hasn't signed anything yet (for his sake).
I think SuperCheap would rather be on the MUstang, but they'd probably still get tv time with Chaz and that sponsorship, back on a Commodore.

Back