2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
That 10 year contract is absurd. It’s an insane level of faith for all parties to hold in each other. Faith from Reynolds in Erebus to still be supply high level cars in 10 years time, faith from Erebus in Reynolds to still be performing at a high level, and faith from both in Supercars itself to still be viable in 10 within the next ten years. I can’t see him staying around for the full 10 years.

I thought that from the very beginning it was announced, they’d made it pretty clear that it was wildcard. They were referred to as wildcards in just about every article written about the news of them coming down.
My first thought when reading about the Erebus/DR 10-year deal was, there's no mention of it having to be with Supercars.

If they're both happy little vegemites with each other, they can work together wherever they show up. Here or overseas.

That 10 year contract is absurd. It’s an insane level of faith for all parties to hold in each other. Faith from Reynolds in Erebus to still be supply high level cars in 10 years time, faith from Erebus in Reynolds to still be performing at a high level, and faith from both in Supercars itself to still be viable in 10 within the next ten years. I can’t see him staying around for the full 10 years.
My first thought when reading about the Erebus/DR 10-year deal was, there's no mention of it having to be with Supercars.

If they're both happy little vegemites with each other, they can work together wherever they show up. Here or overseas.
From what I could gather from what Dave Reynolds was saying on Trackside, it could be as a driver, it could be as a co-driver or it could be as something else (or words to that effect).

So yeah, it sounds to me like it's more that he now has in writing what Betty has said all along about Dave having a job there for as long as he wants. It also sounded like there's a lot of built in clauses for both sides to play a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Edit: Looks pretty good... apart from the red grille.

Erebus-livery-NZ-1200x675.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah thanks @05XR8, I reaaally needed a reminder of how horrible the AU looked first thing in the morning :yuck:.
I saw a guy proudly displaying his AU XR8 Ute at Bunnings last week. Felt kind of sorry for the guy. :P Gotta day though, it’d been a long time since I had last seen one of those.

I do have a fond memory of Ellery’s Supercheap Falcon stuck in the gravel at Turn 5 in Adelaide though. Fond because I remember the crowd slowly chanting “Ellery, Ellery...” :lol:

It looks like the weather is starting to come over Pukekohe. Hopefully, the race is wet. If it was like a wet race at Townsville it should be good one.

One of the best tracks on the calendar.

Whincup needs a drive thru for that.

Edit: :lol: The incident with Whincup spinning Percat. The info is right there!

Edit2: Messed up Whincup not getting a penalty straight away. He gets to lead the race and make time. Percat has to suffer down the bottom.

Last edited:
One of the best tracks on the calendar.

Whincup needs a drive thru for that.

Edit: :lol: The incident with Whincup spinning Percat. The info is right there!

Edit2: Messed up Whincup not getting a penalty straight away. He gets to lead the race and make time. Percat has to suffer down the bottom.

Yeah that looked fairly cut and dried. I don't know why that has to wait until after the race.

I hate team orders.

Edit. Red Bull struggles, sudden mysterious approval for aero changes, then a 1-2 finish right after. Funny that.

Last edited:
Just confirmed. Stripped of 2nd place, 15 second penalty.
:lol:

I saw the results. When you posted "team orders", I figured they let Whincup past to build a gap knowing what was coming. That was a lame penalty. Drive thru would have been fair.

No when he caught up to SVG they told him to stay put.
:rolleyes:👎

I don't like the guy, but he was fast today. I saw the tickford cars go off and then the #88 was right on the bumper of the #97. I shut it off because, I got that twitch when that Red Bull car is in the lead.

If I was Jamie Whincup yesterday my concience would not have allowed me to stand on the podium.

Shame, Supercars, shame :grumpy:

.2 advantage now to Holden that didn't come from working harder.... shame, Supercars, shame.

Last edited:
Missed qualy, shoot out and not really interested. If I watch, it'll just be to see how Simona is doing. Hopefully Andre can move up in the race. Keeping expectations low.

Edit: why did I do it to myself? What the hell are VASC are doing?

That's messed up.

WOW! The #88 passed the safety car AGAIN!!!

Last edited:
Simona in 9th. Hope she's filled to the finish.

Edit: HAppy for Simona, but that cost so many drivers "real" results.

Last edited:
Back