2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
I liked Courtney a couple of years ago, now he seems to be desperately clinging to relevancy and he does some stupid stuff.

Stanaway booted from GRM for today’s race for missing a signing appearance. Pretty crazy, gotta be more to it I think. Seemed pretty upset in the interview, and although I’m a pretty big critic of him, it was pretty good of him to actually do the interview.

Richie Stanaway has been stood down by GRM for disciplinary reasons. According to Stanaway, it's because he missed a merchandise signing session by pure mistake.

Edit: Tree'd :lol:

Stanaway seemed pretty genuine in the interview with Murph. But I'm finding it hard to believe that Garry has dumped him over simply missing one signing appearance. There's got to more to it, surely? :crazy:

Stanaway seemed pretty genuine in the interview with Murph. But I'm finding it hard to believe that Garry has dumped him over simply missing one signing appearance. There's got to more to it, surely? :crazy:
Didn’t he finish last yesterday?

I think Garry has realised Richie can’t be bothered anymore & isn’t putting in the effort required.

I haven’t seen anything positive mentioned about his future plans like I have for Golding.

I expect they’ll all be glad to see him go.

Glad McLaughlin is okay. Not everyday that you see a car sliding down the track on it's side. :scared:
Didn’t he finish last yesterday?

Think he or his co-driver might have made contact with the wall?
I think Garry has realised Richie can’t be bothered anymore & isn’t putting in the effort required.

Realise that the Boost sponsorship was the factor behind it but getting rid of Tander for Stanaway has to be one of the biggest blunders in recent years.

That was a massive impact, I hope they'll be able to make the race but considering what happened to Chaz yesterday I'm not hopeful.

Good sportsmanship by Shane there, stopping to help.

WOW that was a serious crash. One of the worst since Mostert at Bathurst 2015 I think. So that's 2 cars written off in one weekend. If that doesn't make a strong enough case to ban this event, I don't know what does. Put Phillip Island back on the 2020 calender and remove this awful circuit. Two teams have lost 2 $500,000 cars because of concrete barriers. When talking about cost cutting measures, think about how costly it is for teams to race on a street circuit. We've seen so many serious crashes here over the years which cost the teams thousands... Broken mirrors, broken doors, broken front splitters, broken mufflers - a complete laundry list of broken parts.

WOW that was a serious crash. One of the worst since Mostert at Bathurst 2015 I think. So that's 2 cars written off in one weekend. If that doesn't make a strong enough case to ban this event, I don't know what does. Put Phillip Island back on the 2020 calender and remove this awful circuit. Two teams have lost 2 $500,000 cars because of concrete barriers. When talking about cost cutting measures, think about how costly it is for teams to race on a street circuit. We've seen so many serious crashes here over the years which cost the teams thousands... Broken mirrors, broken doors, broken front splitters, broken mufflers - a complete laundry list of broken parts.
Using that argument means no more street circuits at all.
If the problem as you see it is the chance of a car hitting a concrete wall, then no more Bathurst either.
Chaz did a good demolition job on a car there so that’s not safe.

If the teams or drivers were worried about it, they wouldn’t race there.

Using that argument means no more street circuits at all.
If the problem as you see it is the chance of a car hitting a concrete wall, then no more Bathurst either.
Chaz did a good demolition job on a car there so that’s not safe.

If the teams or drivers were worried about it, they wouldn’t race there.
Well then it's just the Gold Coast track which is the problem. I probably shouldn't have made such generalisation.

Oh yeah, because cars don't get written off at dedicated circuits? Cars get damaged racing, be it street circuit or not. That's a ridiculous reasoning to not come back to a circuit.

Last edited:
Tracks like GC and Adelaide are what brings new fans to the sport. Seeing the cars leaping and gliding across the kerbs and coming within millimeters of the walls draw far more eyes than permanent circuits. We’d see a lack of sponsors if they only raced at permanent circuits as well, as they don’t draw anywhere near the crowd of the street circuit events (crowd issues being the reasons for cutting PI). Plus, the drivers love the circuit.

Also, if you’re using the danger of the circuit as the reason for it to be cut, look at the amount of monumental accidents PI has brought us over the years.

Shame that Pye caught a bit too much curb on his shootout lap. Looked like he might have been up there with Reynolds and Holdsworth. Regardless, great pace from both WAU cars this weekend.

We’d see a lack of sponsors if they only raced at permanent circuits as well, as they don’t draw anywhere near the crowd of the street circuit events (crowd issues being the reasons for cutting PI). Plus, the drivers love the circuit.
That's the problem right there. The event will never be cut because of the MONEY it brings in. It may have dangerous curbs but that's OK. It may be a crap circuit but that's OK. Phillip Island has had accidents too but it doesn't have concrete barriers either side of it. Nor does it have horrendous curbs. Good tracks get scrapped whilst pathetic street circuits stay because they make big bucks.

As far as replica retro liveries go this is one I wanted to see but it's pretty disappointing tbh. Even the replica of Moffat's Mustang they're using isn't very good :odd:.

Tickford-Moffat-livery-2-1200x800.jpg

As far as replica retro liveries go this is one I wanted to see but it's pretty disappointing tbh. Even the replica of Moffat's Mustang they're using isn't very good :odd:.

View attachment 861100
Aside from the basic red over black base colour, that livery is about as unretro as you can get :yuck:

Supercheap seem to have a Supercar livery curse going.
I can’t recall ever seeing one that made me go, “Niiiiiiiice.”

@05XR8
Too bad if 23Red wanted to do a Moff/Coke livery huh :banghead:

Aside from the basic red over black base colour, that livery is about as unretro as you can get :yuck:

Supercheap seem to have a Supercar livery curse going.
I can’t recall ever seeing one that made me go, “Niiiiiiiice.”

@05XR8
Too bad if 23Red wanted to do a Moff/Coke livery huh :banghead:
It would definitely be an improvement though,

It would definitely be an improvement though,
It couldn't possibly be any worse.

I will add for clarification, that I think this is the best Supercheap livery they've ever had. How much has this car's livery changed since it rolled out at the start of the year :eek:

Hey, Supercheap.....ever heard of the K.I.S.S principle?

I'm now curious to see what the other Mustang teams do. Bob Jane did have a Shell Mustang before his title-winning Camaro ;)

It couldn't possibly be any worse.

I will add for clarification, that I think this is the best Supercheap livery they've ever had. How much has this car's livery changed since it rolled out at the start of the year :eek:

Hey, Supercheap.....ever heard of the K.I.S.S principle?

I'm now curious to see what the other Mustang teams do. Bob Jane did have a Shell Mustang before his title-winning Camaro ;)
This time, at least, they got the one color thing right.

The only "Tickford" cars that have impressed, are the Monster car and the Randle wildcard. Those two keep in step with the K.I.S.S. principle.

Back