Touring Cars 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Spacegoat, Dec 5, 2018.

1. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

They were found not guilty of the initial charge but charged them under an FIA rule.
    This was the charge.
    With today's prevalence of disposable troll accounts and VPN's unfortunately this means nothing to the worst of those individuals.:ouch:

2. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Which is why the Speedcafe forum is so toxic :irked:

3. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Yep, I only just read on there this morning people bragging of how many accounts they'd had banned.

4. 05XR8

05XR8

Wasn't it Paul Morris that mentioned the FIA rule? That's the one DJRTP knew was coming. Raw deal for Fabs. There will be more of the same for the #12, until it can show form like it did beginning of last year. If cars are about to get less aero(something Fabs admitted was tough to adjust his driving), he'll have more of a challenge.

Edity: Thought he drove the Altima before this

I guess possibly seeing a full liveried CAstrol Mustang will be cool.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Pete05 likes this.
  5. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

That video just emphasizes why I like Daniel Ricciardo.

The guy has the serious face on, gets the car a little on power oversteer & his face lights up with that famous smile :D

6. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Does anyone else wonder how gun shy teams are going to be this weekend? Simple things that have been done all year like 'let him go, he's on a different strategy to you' can also come under this same FIA ruling that DRTP were done with. So many things can come under this part ''in particular within the context of betting on the Competitions registered on the International Sporting Calendar''. Even taking one team car off of the optimal strategy to benefit the other team car (as done with the 12 & 17 last year) could be seen as breach, and certainly what was done in NZ would be.

One big ass can of worms has been opened up I fear :nervous:.

05XR8 likes this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

VASC handling these last two instances is foul.

How can two teams offer up apologies and all is forgiven? Maybe DJRTP should have typed up a letter for Coulthard to "apologise" to all the teams that "lost out". Might have saved them $250k.

Anyway, good point. DJRTP will move in, but everything is going to be watched now.

8. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I feel with all the evidence presented & what the world saw unfold in front of their eyes, a blatant breach of the FIA rule by FC & whoever was on the radio to him, that’s a hanging offence.

They’re lucky they got off so light going by what some expected as a judgement.
    Watching RPM yesterday, if what GT has to say is an average industry standard, the fine in essentially piddle.

Different strategies within a team is a whole other world & I feel any evidence presented in such a case would prove so.

If you want to keep yourself & your team out of the crosshairs, keep your nose clean & don’t get all coded in your language.

The Stewards aren’t that stupid.

Litening1 and 05XR8 like this.
  9. 05XR8

05XR8

10. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

What we saw was nothing that hadn't been done before, it just hadn't been done to that extent ;).

Switching a car to differing strategies was still blatantly done to benefit SM and what happened with the 97 & 88 was even more blatant. Both had the potential to affect betting, which is the part of the rule I snipped, by potentially altering the outcome of the championship. It's not just individual races that can be affected.

Or run at the back of the field out of the spotlight :sly:.

Pete05 likes this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

12. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Hopefully she lands somewhere. I'd like to see her remain in the series. You'd think the Harvey Norman backing would be appealing to teams in need of a few more sponsorship dollars. And it's cool that her new gig with Porsche might result in a 12hr drive next year. Fingers crossed that comes to fruition.

05XR8 likes this.
  13. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

No idea who runs the WAU Twitter account but whatever they are being paid, it's clearly not enough.

:lol:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Litening1, FPV MIC and Pete05 like this.
  14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Crompton calling Lowndes during that first practice was gold. :lol:

Spacegoat and FPV MIC like this.
  15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Love that they are streaming the practice sessions now, but I wish they would stop cutting the feed in the middle of an interview.

16. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

It's amazing how hard they can hit the tyre bundles and still drive these things flat out :bowdown:

Pete05 likes this.
  17. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Andre?

He wasn't going to go through that chicane with any doubt, was he.

FPV MIC likes this.
  18. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

Massive hit for Mostert! Far out that was heavy.

19. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Yeah, him in the shootout and others in practice.

That was a big hit :scared:

20. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Channel 10 must be on a delay. I haven't seen anything to do with Mostert yet.

21. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Just saw the replay on the Supercars site. Huge hit. :scared: Not sure exactly how bad the damage is but it looks fairly significant.

22. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Car is out for the weekend.

23. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

Chassis completely written off, crazy. Chassis rail wedged through the firewall, and the engine was actually disconnected from the car and was sitting within the rubble.

Not often you have cars written off the weekend these days, let alone written off completely.

24. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

FD85056D-DF6A-48D6-B621-AE58B2911E00.jpeg
    I’ve been doing this for the entire season...

25. 05XR8

05XR8

Hmm. Webbhead having fun ay?

26. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

I wouldn’t be happy if I was BJR, took too long to call that SC for the debris and by the time they did call it, it had already caused damage.

Litening1 and Pete05 like this.
  27. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Team orders...

28. 05XR8

05XR8

Look like JC did a bump and run to me.

He did it again.

29. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

He made no effort to lift just as the commentators are saying & blatantly turned Andre around.

He’s a :censored: pig :mad:

30. 05XR8

05XR8

Multi 21 works in Supercars as well.