2020 Toyota Racing Series - Igor Fraga

5AD0B098-F3C0-4C6C-B1D8-1A5EDCEEFFD6.jpeg
0AA3E341-6B16-4741-AD71-091D86170E66.jpeg

this championship getting interesting, we have 6 race last in this season.

Bit gutted how it played out in the end. Was shaping up to be a cracking contest but for some mechanical maladies. We had that one moment where Lawson tried to pass Fraga after the first safety car, and Igor held firm... more of that would've been exciting. No matter! A win is a win.
IMG20200202162049.jpg

If Wikipedia is correct, Igor is now leading the championship with 2 rounds left!

Hope he beats Lawson, the commentators' bias has kinda been annoying me.
I must ask him how to pronounce his name, because we've always called him "Frah-ga" (and while speaking to him), but the commentators vary between "Frah-gah", "Fragger", and most confusingly, "Fraggor".

Anyway, yes, he's now 17pt ahead with six races (four full points, two reduced points, 210pt total) remaining.

1 - Fraga - 219**
2 - Lawson - 202***
3 - Saucy - 171
4 - Colapinto - 165*
5 - Tsunoda - 157*

I must ask him how to pronounce his name, because we've always called him "Frah-ga" (and while speaking to him), but the commentators vary between "Frah-gah", "Fragger", and most confusingly, "Fraggor".

Anyway, yes, he's now 17pt ahead with six races (four full points, two reduced points, 210pt total) remaining.

1 - Fraga - 219**
2 - Lawson - 202***
3 - Saucy - 171
4 - Colapinto - 165*
5 - Tsunoda - 157*

Getting on my level now in terms of how to write and pronounce my name correctly.

He will don't worry. :D
He makes us the GT community proud and we all are giving him our energy so that he can use the Genkidama properly hehe.
Wait a second don't tell me you are a Dragon Ball fan as well :eek: the day just keeps getting better ! . Anyway i got a bit of topic my apologies.

So cool to think that a Gran Turismo Sport player, with whom I’ve raced online, could end up in F1. Kazunori Yamauchi must be dreaming about the possibility now.

Impressed by this Liam Lawson as well. Amazing talent, but would like to see how he will perform outside his home.

1 - Fraga - 219**
2 - Lawson - 202***
3 - Saucy - 171
4 - Colapinto - 165*
5 - Tsunoda - 157*
Frah-ga is correct.

I'm quite excited to see how they go at Pukekohe Park. Not only is it my Motorsports home (I first took to the track at 9 years old in a manual P10 Primera), but it is INSANELY quick.

It was, and I believe possibly still is, the fastest track in the Southern Hemisphere when it comes to average speed a lap.

I'm quite excited to see how they go at Pukekohe Park. Not only is it my Motorsports home (I first took to the track at 9 years old in a manual P10 Primera), but it is INSANELY quick.

It was, and I believe possibly still is, the fastest track in the Southern Hemisphere when it comes to average speed a lap.
I've still yet to visit Pukekohe, can you believe? But yeah, fast as, from what I understand.

I've driven a fair few laps at Pukekohe in my mates race car...Fast, bumpy track...I love it :).
Hopefully going to get a chance to go out there for Sundays racing. Unfortunately the decision isn't fully in my hands so got my fingers crossed.
Naturally going for Liam, but also enjoying Fraga's success.

....Impressed by this Liam Lawson as well. Amazing talent, but would like to see how he will perform outside his home.

Liam was racing in FIA F3 last year, and believe racing F3 again this year. Pretty sure he got a couple of podiums last year too.

Last edited:

1 - Fraga - 219**
2 - Lawson - 202***
3 - Saucy - 171
4 - Colapinto - 165*
5 - Tsunoda - 157*
The commentators obviously don't know how to speak. It really irritates me when people mispronounce names soo badly, it's as if they're not even trying to be professional. The main commentator (don't know his name but my god does he sound awful) has a gross habit of mispronouncing names. He also likes to over-exaggerate things, and gets a little bit too excited.

The commentators obviously don't know how to speak. It really irritates me when people mispronounce names soo badly, it's as if they're not even trying to be professional. The main commentator (don't know his name but my god does he sound awful) has a gross habit of mispronouncing names. He also likes to over-exaggerate things, and gets a little bit too excited.
Jonathan Green? Yeah he can be well annoying. Used to commentate on World Superbikes, and was always cracking bad jokes and talking over the co-commentator.

I've driven a fair few laps at Pukekohe in my mates race car...Fast, bumpy track...I love it :).
Hopefully going to get a chance to go out there for Sundays racing. Unfortunately the decision isn't fully in my hands so got my fingers crossed.
Naturally going for Liam, but also enjoying Fraga's success.

Liam was racing in FIA F3 last year, and believe racing F3 again this year. Pretty sure he got a couple of podiums last year too.

Yeah, Liam will be racing for last year's F3 Teams Championship runner-ups, Hitech GP this year. Fellow RB junior Dennis Hauger and Max Fewtrell are alongside him at Hitech.

I'm assuming the commentators are kiwi, if so it's probably their accent throwing you off, it's ok they throw off us aussies too, just don't ask them to say "six" or "fish and chips"

Back