2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
A render of Courtney's Mustang has been released. More of less the same livery as he the livery he ran at the start of the year. I'm down with the orange wheels, though I'd be surprised if they make it on to the real thing.

97997262_10158239191188498_5764862515242598400_o.jpg

Boost Mobile: We're not going to sponsor GRM anyone. We don't like where the future is headed.
Also Boost Mobile: We're going to back James Courtney and keep our name in Supercars.

So what, James Courtney is more important than GRM? What a joke.

Last edited:
Although I am a bit disappointed to lose the SA round I'll be okay with it as long as Sandown is back as a traditional 500km event.

Sadly it appears like it's going to be a sprint round going off these comments from Sean Seamer. Bathurst is probably going to be the only endurance race we get this year.

"We haven't got the Sandown format yet, to be completely transparent. However it's highly unlikely that there will be an enduro."

When pressed if any other circuits may join Bathurst as an enduro round, Seamer said: "No, it's looking increasingly unlikely".

I received a very strongly worded email from Sam Shahin, the owner of The Bend. They are not happy at all with losing the round.

The spike of Covid cases Victoria is currently experiencing is concerning. Hope it doesn't affect the teams based there or the Winton round.

A render of Courtney's Mustang has been released. More of less the same livery as he the livery he ran at the start of the year. I'm down with the orange wheels, though I'd be surprised if they make it on to the real thing.

97997262_10158239191188498_5764862515242598400_o.jpg

And the actual thing. Wish they had kept the orange rims from the render. Still though, looks the goods. I'm liking it.

44-launch-hero-2.jpg

Not normally a fan of the shorter sprint type races but this was a really good race with the differing tyre strategies.

Last edited:
Good race, even if it was only a two horse affair. My only gripe was with the telecast. I really don't need, nor care to see what other people are doing and saying during the race. That Twitter feed at the bottom of the screen was bloody annoying. Luckily it doesn't happen for the full race length... yet.

Edit: Ffs, now it's Facebook stuff as well :banghead:.

Last edited:
Great racing up and down the field. The battle between Waters, Mostert and McLaughlin in the final laps was particularly excellent. Hope this keeps up throughout the year.
Good stuff, who was the last non RB or DJRTP car to win?

Mostert last year at Albert Park.

(Credit to Aaron Noonan on Twitter for that.)

A solid day of racing today, exactly what we needed after such a long break. Almost feels like pre-COVID times, it’s a nice sunny day out, no worries about going out in public being in South Australia... but here I am, inside, watching car racing.

Just hope the current COVID spike in Victoria doesn't affect the Winton event. Concerning for the teams based there. A border closure might spell the end of the season.

Just hope the current COVID spike in Victoria doesn't affect the Winton event. Concerning for the teams based there. A border closure might spell the end of the season.
At the rate things are going I doubt very much that the NT and Queensland borders will be open to the Victorian teams in time for the August rounds unfortunately. We can only hope things get better very quickly for everyone in the hardest hit areas.

With the restrictions other states are placing on people traveling to and from Victoria. This was inevitable.

Based on what we saw on the weekend. I vote that every round aside from Bathurst be held at Eastern Creek.

Back