2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Waters and Mostert starting alongside each other, again. You can't make this up. :lol:

Also, ripper job from ADP. Three pole positions in a row is one hell of an achievement.

Also, ripper job from ADP. Three pole positions in a row is one hell of an achievement.
The last person to do that won 5 championships. I can't believe that he's the first person in 30 years to score 3 poles on the trot; shows how competitive qualifying is.

When was the last time Walkinshaw Racing won more than one race in a season. 2016? Nice stuff from Chaz but man, I really feel for the Team 18 crew.
Did you see your tweet on tv before the start? I thought I recognised the name :lol:

Wait, really? Damnit, I missed it. :ouch: :lol:

Last edited:
Interesting that the top four finishers were the same the across both races yesterday. Wouldn't think that has happened too often.

Last edited:
I feel like that 30 second stop for SVG was karma for that dive in T1 that was never going to stick.
He was borderline out of control... but it did stick, it just forced Anton to run in a bit wide. Hard but fair IMO. SVG will always take a mile if you give him an inch. Anton just needs to learn not to give him that inch... and I'm sure he will learn from that exchange.

And this opinion is coming from a die hard Fordie. What's up with that! 😲

He was borderline out of control... but it did stick, it just forced Anton to run in a bit wide. Hard but fair IMO. SVG will always take a mile if you give him an inch. Anton just needs to learn not to give him that inch... and I'm sure he will learn from that exchange.

And this opinion is coming from a die hard Fordie. What's up with that! 😲
Because as you said, he's done it time and again. People leave him that room most of the time. The other times, he pounces when others think it's safe(up the inside of Scott, at The Cutting).
I'm not a fan when he left the #9, but he gets that respect of making moves straightaway. Many drivers could learn from that(like what Simona did at Newcastle).

"Thought it was a race track"

And the idiot of the year award goes to...

Last edited:
Pedder's branding for Brown this weekend. Wish this was his livery for the whole year. Looks fantastic.

Brown-two-car-scaled.jpg

Coulthard throwing a bit of shade at DJR. 😂

“But yeah, it’s a little bit less stressed down here and I’m enjoying going racing. When you enjoy it, you’re a lot more relaxed.

“I get listened to now, which is nice, and we can steer the car and the team in a direction that suits me,” he added.

Team Sydney might be listening to Fabs. But he better hope that Webb has learnt from his past mistakes and actually puts some money into keeping the cars up to spec, otherwise it could be a long few years for Coulthard.

Edit: Heimgartner's flat black livery is a winner for me.

Last edited:
Based on the qualifying order up front, this race is going just about how I figured it would. At least the lesser of two evils is out front.

Edit: Poo.

Last edited:
Entertaining race, from 3rd place down at least.
Those T8 cars are just far too strong... and it wasn't just the factory ones. The two Team 18 customer cars charged up though the field and would have had a great result in comparison to their starting positions if it weren't for Scotty Pye's (continued) bad luck. If they could just get a half decently consistent qualifying set-up they'd be extremely dangerous and perhaps even close to being T8's closest rival.

One more thing, If this was Scotty Mc getting these sorts of results there'd be all sorts of parity claims from the GM side of pit lane.

If they could just get a half decently consistent qualifying set-up they'd be extremely dangerous and perhaps even close to being T8's closest rival.
On the telecast, they mentioned that Team 18 apparently put Whincup's setup into Frosty's car for qualifying today. Obviously that setup works a lot better for Whincup than it does for Frosty. 😅

Also, both Walkinshaw cars outside the ten again. When did we travel back to 2017?
One more thing, If this was Scotty Mc getting these sorts of results there'd be all sorts of parity claims from the GM side of pit lane.
100%.

Looks like today is going to be much of the same. So, who's the bet to take the last podium spot?

Edit: Turned it off when SVG took the lead. Hopefully someone has something for T8 next weekend because I'm not watching them dominate two weekends in a row.

Last edited:
Townsville is forgettable. It promises soo much but rarely delivers unless it rains. The dominance of 888 at this location is boring and to have them win by such a large margin in a series that prides itself on close competition is a problem. I don't remember seeing such a large gap to third place before.

Townsville is forgettable. It promises soo much but rarely delivers unless it rains. The dominance of 888 at this location is boring and to have them win by such a large margin in a series that prides itself on close competition is a problem. I don't remember seeing such a large gap to third place before.
Yeah I have to agree it was an awful weekend for both series, due to T8 dominating both series. With the possibility of Gen 3 being delayed until 2023 we might be in a bit of trouble.

The only upside to next week is the sprint format. At least the T8 cars won't be thirty odd seconds ahead of the rest this time.

Probably.

Latest Posts

Back