2021 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

Looks like Toyota want two cars in the same livery as well as more space on the car, while Ginsters want the whole car.

Sounds like Ginsters bit off more than they could chew... And Toyota found the whole idea too much to swallow...

Still, the partnership did seem past-y it's best...

This is awesome.

That's crazy. Up to 260kmh in the Audi yesterday.

What a move by Jordan Cox!

267km/h by Mostert(was in the tow though). That's fast. Plus, Mostert has an added weight penalty.

Last edited:
Mostert looks pretty unstoppable at the moment. Hopefully, he has the funds to do the rest of the season. Would be nice if he brings some of this winning form over to Supercar land. Might have to wait for SVG to give it away first though.

No more A45?

Indeed, Ciceley retired it in favour of the newer 330i Beemer, they could be the dark horses for 2021. Much like the VW CC's, the A-Class was a bit aged after being in service since 2014.

The Merc's are still up for sale I believe, as there's still 2 years left on its homologation.

Last edited:
Jack Goff topped the morning session of the official pre-season Silverstone test, in the new Team HARD Cupra.

Afternoon session currently 1 hour through, with Shedden, Turkington and Plato the top 3 as it stands.

Edit: Shedden finished top of the board in the afternoon on his BTCC return, as pre-season testing concludes.

Official season launch saw the full grid presented earlier as well. Round 1 can't come soon enough!

BTCC-000-1-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
I know it might seem like a relatively monochrome grid, but there's many fantastic looking liveries this year. The i30N's are up there in that regard.

I know its early days yet, but it would be a boon for both Goff and Team HARD if they can get the Cupra up to the sharp end from the very start. Very promising showing in session 1.

Absolutely. There's some very interesting stories to play out, with the various changes over the winter. Team HARD are perhaps the most fascinating, so hopefully their hard work pays dividends.

Last edited:
Great variety of cars once again! - The NextGen era rules have certainly showed that pretty much any suitable car can be made into a winner. A quick look on Wiki for the results since NGTC rules came in shows that 11 different manufacturers have won races in that period. Can't be many, if any, series that can boast the same?

Could we be adding two more with Hyundai and Seat/Cupra this season?

Last edited:
since NGTC rules came in shows that 11 different manufacturers have won races in that time.

During supertouring, ten manufacturers won races (BMW, Vauxhall, Toyota, Renault, Nissan, Ford, Alfa Romeo, Volvo, Honda and Audi) so NGTC is more successful in that regard.

For what it's worth, during that period five manufacturers did not win; Rover, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Peugeot and Opel (2 races in 1997).

Back