2021 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

Agreed, its a big shame especially with the strong performance he put in last year. My first thoughts are its a funding related issue too, though with no concrete answer yet its just speculation I suppose.

It seems it was not Neal to blame for Cammish being dropped....

'Halfords stayed on board, and wanted Shedden. But Dynamics chief Neal was working on an additional backer, which could have resulted in himself, Shedden and Cammish as a Civic superteam. Trouble is, a third TBL entrants’ licence was required for that. Series promoter TOCA felt obliged to put it to a teams’ vote as to whether Dynamics should acquire the spare TBL, and not enough teams said yes…

'“It was a little bit hands to the pump to try and pull things together,” recalls Shedden. “There was a massive effort to get three cars full stop... For many reasons out of our control it didn’t happen, and some of it, you know, perhaps wasn’t the most sporting, and some of it beggars belief.”

'The upshot was the arrival of Dan Rowbottom, with his sponsor Cataclean entering a new relationship with Halfords, and the exit of not only three-time champion Neal, but also Cammish.'

- taken from Autosport Plus' interview with Gordon Shedden

Halfords has a new contract which is running for another 3 years at least, but I think they'll be happy to extend later on. And if I can get some free tickets out of it, all the better :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sutton continues where he left off ahead of Cook and Turkington. Shedden in P8, Jade Edwards in P17 following an off.

Glad the sedans are back and the hatch is in the shed.
IMG_20210509_063706.jpg

Now, if we can get BTCC to delete the rear wings.... :sly::D

Have they actually shown a proper view of Turk and Sutton, Turk looked way to far away for it to have been contact from the view I saw?

Also, ITV Hub not on PS4 or on my TV? And, the web player won't let you rewind or go back to live... what a load of ****.

edit: Just saw Turk has been dropped to 10th, must have been more obvious from a different angle.

Last edited:
Have they actually shown a proper view of Turk and Sutton, Turk looked way to far away for it to have been contact from the view I saw?

Also, ITV Hub not on PS4 or on my TV? And, the web player won't let you rewind or go back to live... what a load of ****.
Not sure if they showed us an onboard of Turkington vs Sutton - the official write-up says there was contact, but I too thought from that angle that Sutton lost it on his own. I can't speak for ITV Hub or the web player, but I hope that today's races will end up on the ITV site as they have been for the past six seasons.

Mini Challenge is turning out to be a thriller so far...

Huge crash at the start of Race 2. A car got flipped over. Red flag.

Update: Jade Edwards, Glynn Geddie and Andy Neate involved

Last edited:
From what I could tell from the onboard shot, it was Neate tagging Geddie into a spin which lead to that rollover. Jade was a passenger in all of this.

Glad that all three are okay, but it seems from the damage sustained that Geddie and Edwards are out of it.

UPDATE: Restart imminent.

Last edited:
Jade Edwards, Glynn Geddie and Andy Neate
Wow, that was moronic. Neate just steamed into Geddie without even the merest suggestion of braking and ploughed all three off track.

Edwards said Neate told her he had an issue with his brakes, but the issue appears to have been he didn't use them and then lied about it:

Ash Sutton: "Turkington ramming me was part of his plan..."*

Andy Neate: "Hold my beer..."

*Okay so he didn't say this exactly, but clearly inferred it... he might be a very very good driver, but the blokes a ****

Back