2022 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 424 comments
The sun is setting and we're back to green. Van der Zande takes the overall lead from Stevens as Castroneves hunts down the DPi frontrunners.

GTD field is looking stacked.

Last edited:
Issues for the #10 Konica Minolta Acura, crawling along with damage to the right rear!

Last edited:
So now both Acura’s are behind with tire issues. Wonder if it’s something related to the cars or just a coincidence.

#59 McLaren has stopped on the infield near Turn 2!

Right-rear on the #10 flailing around as it returns to the pits through the inside apron.

Last edited:
Issues for the #10 Konica Minolta Acura, crawling along with damage to the right rear!

Drama for the #10 Acura at Turn 1. Smoking and crawling through the Horseshoe now. Flat tyre according to IMSA Radio.

So now both Acura’s are behind with tire issues. Wonder if it’s something related to the cars or just a coincidence.

#59 McLaren has stopped near Turn 2!

Right-rear on the #10 doesn't look so healthy as it returns through the inside apron.

Lucky thing they all managed to safely get off the track, so no need for fcy, only local yellows where needed.

Watching on Peacock and when they come back from the network commercial break there's a sudden rise in volume of the NBC theme. It's only a second or two but it's much louder. I need to remember that when watching the overnight in my bedroom. Don't want to wake up the neighbors. :)

Last edited:
FCY + Safety Car

#64 Porsche with puncture. Might be the cause of the caution.

That safety car could use a few extra flashers on the front grille and rear fascia.

#48 Caddy receives a new nose.

Back to green.

Last edited:
I love how on Twitter every team has chronicled how their race is going except Turner, they're too busy chronicling their tacos. :lol:

#6 LMP3 in the wall. FCY incoming.
Edit: and now the #4 Corvette behind the wall.

Last edited:
#4 Corvette is having issues and the #24 went behind the wall.

#4 also behind the wall.

Last edited:
#4 Corvette is having issues and the #24 went behind the wall.

#4 also behind the wall.
Sorensen is being interviewed and he says he thinks a hit from the back they got earlier has damaged the starter somehow. He said it died on him in the banking and when he came into the pits and Catsburg got in the car wouldn't restart.

FCY!

#54 prototype was stopped on the trackside for a while but got it going again. Not sure why the yellows.

And now we have safety car aswell. Streetsweeper deployed at the Le Mans chicane (former bus-stop chicane).

#4 Corvette back to the garage. Faulty alternator.

Last edited:
Can someone explain what the hell happened to #48? I missed it a bit.

Also, what the hell was the leader doing right before the restart... Such a silly thing to do.

Back to yellow with a stalled Mclaren coming back onto the banking.

Last edited:
E71F7F7D-DA34-4C6F-981E-CB82EE6B17B4.jpeg

Back