2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Both Front Row cars in the top 10, I have to imagine that’s a first outside of Daytona and Talladega.

Chastain didn't try to make the corner and he gained at least 3 spots by doing so. Surprised the penalty wasn't given before the white flag.

Chastain didn't try to make the corner and he gained at least 3 spots by doing so. Surprised the penalty wasn't given before the white flag.
They didn’t want him to dump the leader out of anger like Briscoe last year. So they waited until it was over to call it.

This wasn't the best race in terms of race craft. A bit too much bumper car racing today.

Both Front Row cars in the top 10, I have to imagine that’s a first outside of Daytona and Talladega.
First since spring Talladega 2013 I believe.

Last edited:
AJ collapsed after the race but is seemingly ok.

They showed him getting attended to by his wife and some of his crew members during the Peacock post race coverage. Looked in bad shape. Glad to hear he’s alright. I hope NASCAR is looking into seeing if anything else can be done to cool these cars off a bit more.

Last edited:
This wasn't the best race in terms of race craft. A bit too much bumper car racing today.
It does seem that every "improvement" touted on the new vehicle also has a negative unintended consequence or two.

The composite body is much tougher! it results in far less debris on track, far less aero damage when impacted, and far less cutting of opponent's tires vs the old sheet metal bodies. Also, the drivers use it much more liberally, since it is tougher. That ******** restart divebomb Logano pulled going into turn 1 with 20-ish laps remaining should have totaled his car. Instead, almost no damage.

The new larger 1-lug wheels are a great for faster pit stops! But, the wheels are prone to sheering completely off the hub because the single lug can be hard to seat. Also, the tires have less sidewall, which makes the cars more likely to get stuck on flat tires, unable to limp back around to their pit box.

The eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series is holding their All-Star Race tonight at the Chicago Street Course. Race starts in 30 minutes.

Taken from eNASCAR.com, this is how drivers qualify for the All Star race.
Tuesday’s All-Star Race will feature any driver who has a win or pole to their name in either the 2021 or 2022 season so far, a list that includes nearly half of the current series roster; former eNASCAR driver Bryant will also return to the field as a one-off, thanks to his win at Auto Club Speedway last spring. The remaining active eNASCAR drivers will do battle in the All-Star Open for the two transfer spots on the line into the big show.

Last edited:
Kurt Busch will miss Michigan. Ty Gibbs to drive.
3AE803CB-4346-4231-A369-46EF78870126.jpeg

Last edited:
Kevin Harvick breaks his winless streak and takes us to 15 different winners with only 3 races until the playoffs.

Last edited:
Great win for Harvick today, honestly didn't realize it had been nearly 2 years since his last win. A well-deserved victory...but holy crap Bubba was sooooooo close at one point. I think he got a little too hot too early on the restart, which led to him losing spots and having to contend with Logano for way too long.

P2 today is a great result to go along with the exceptional performances that the 23 team have been putting in lately, but still...

Bored Island GIF by HBO Max

With Harvick's win, we now have had 15 different winners so far this year before the playoffs. I still want to see 16+ winners for the sheer chaos it could cause. I'd say Bubba, Jones, Blaney and Truex would be my picks for that.

Edit: I am now immensely jealous of a, what, 5-year-old girl? :lol:

Last edited:
Great win for Harvick today, honestly didn't realize it had been nearly 2 years since his last win. A well-deserved victory...but holy crap Bubba was sooooooo close at one point. I think he got a little too hot too early on the restart, which led to him losing spots and having to contend with Logano for way too long.

P2 today is a great result to go along with the exceptional performances that the 23 team have been putting in lately, but still...

Bored Island GIF by HBO Max

With Harvick's win, we now have had 15 different winners so far this year before the playoffs. I still want to see 16+ winners for the sheer chaos it could cause. I'd say Bubba, Jones, Blaney and Truex would be my picks for that.

Edit: I am now immensely jealous of a, what, 5-year-old girl? :lol:
I still think it's unlikely but if Busch doesn't get back in 4 weeks does he get excluded from the championship? Can't count on that happening but unless he runs a race beforehand, each successive missed race brings that scenario into play.

I still think it's unlikely but if Busch doesn't get back in 4 weeks does he get excluded from the championship? Can't count on that happening but unless he runs a race beforehand, each successive missed race brings that scenario into play.
That's a good question. NASCAR did give him a medical waiver, which IIRC basically means that as long as Kurt is still in the Top-30 in points come the first round of playoffs, he's still part of The Chase. But I could be wrong, and if I am, that would throw a Toyota-sized spanner into the mix.

It was a good race, just wish my guy would have been in the mix for it. HMS was just blahhh today.

Last edited:
He was granted a waiver IIRC

He was granted a waiver for the first round. NASCAR could not in any kind of faith grant him a waiver past the first round.
Which makes sense. The only issue I have with that waiver is this.

So say that happens, we get a 16+ winner regular season. Is Kurt exempt from being put out from that waiver, and someone like Cindric gets hosed?

So say that happens, we get a 16+ winner regular season. Is Kurt exempt from being put out from that waiver, and someone like Cindric gets hosed?
He won't be exempt. If he's lowest in points he will be eliminated. NASCAR giving him the spot over someone with more points would be a travesty.

He won't be exempt. If he's lowest in points he will be eliminated. NASCAR giving him the spot over someone with more points would be a travesty.
We'll see how it goes. Sports and Controversy go hand in hand. If France Jr was running the show, he'd totally do that in a heartbeat. :lol:

And some how gordon gets in. Kudos if you get that reference.

Last edited:

Not sure. Like @Blitz24 has already said, I imagine that Kurt gets knocked out if he ends up being below 16th in points. Of course, this is NASCAR we're talking about, so who knows.

Honestly, as petty as this admittedly is, I just want something that blasts a hole, no matter how big or small, into the whole "win and you're in" format so that it finally shows how silly it is to a larger audience. Of course, if this does happen, I could see NASCAR either A), not learning anything, or B) doubling down and expanding the playoff feild to keep this from happening again.

Still waiting for that Cup champion who hasn't won a single race to point their way in and take the title.

I can see it now. Elliott has some bad luck, Blaney overtakes him in points. Truex wins Richmond. Blaney gets crashed while racing for the win on the final lap at Daytona while a rando outside the top 16 wins. Blaney, the points leader, misses out on the playoffs. Kurt, with a win, also misses the playoffs after dropping too far down the points thanks to his injury.

The greatest irony in all this is that Blaney DID win a race this year; the ALL-STAR race! You know, the race that is supposed to showcase the best of the best. And yet, there is very much the real possibility we won't see him finish above 17th in the standings.

Latest Posts

Back