2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
Just saying Supercars still thinking TCR is a competitor.

I feel TCM is the best category in Australia though. ;) Next year, at Newcastle, those Gen3 cars have to show & prove. It’s got to be good. Has to be. The cars will be awesome.
Ah okay 👍. I really don't think they'd be too worried though... TA2 on the other hand 🤷‍♂️.

I love my new Profile picture that's in honor of @Ozzoky and @ColinNZ's bias and the newly formed Supporters of SVG Hatters Club. :sly:;)

Just for a bit of fun and for this week only :)
Just finished watching race 3 (busy weekend).
So you changed your profile picture just for this weekend (with a devilish SVG pic) and he gets a perfect score in a circuit where Ford dominance was expected? Somehow I don't think that's a coincidence... the Universe is trying to tell you something. :)
I propose to rename the SVG Hatters Club to the "315 pts Club"! :sly:

Just finished watching race 3 (busy weekend).
So you changed your profile picture just for this weekend (with a devilish SVG pic) and he gets a perfect score in a circuit where Ford dominance was expected? Somehow I don't think that's a coincidence... the Universe is trying to tell you something. :)
I propose to rename the SVG Hatters Club to the "315 pts Club"! :sly:
I said I was going to change it back at the end of the week and I did, it's as simple as that ;).

And I haven't expected Ford dominance anywhere since Burgess has been leading the parity adjustments. It reminds me so much of the AU versus VT era that it's not funny.

It was interesting the commentators kept talking about how dominant the Ford's were going to be. Sure, all three races last year were won by Mustangs, but SVG won the round.

In fact (and I didn't want to bring this up because it's complete nonsense and I didn't want to jinx it) the only drivers who have won rounds at that track are SVG, Scott Mclaughlin and Fabian Coulthard; suggesting that a kiwi was going to win the round this year, with SVG as the most likely candidate.

Up next: Sandown.

because as I've said countless times now that there's no real evidence that proves it or disproves it.
Now the first part. ''I haven't seen one piece of footage that conclusively shows he didn't hit ADP'' This is impossible for me to show as I've seen no footage that shows SVG didn't hit ADP, just as I said. The angles are wrong and there's no visible air gap between the two cars in any footage I've seen. If footage exists somewhere that I haven't seen that proves otherwise then show me.

Evidence at 12:40... "air gap" spotted... argument settled. :cheers:

Evidence at 12:40... "air gap" spotted... argument settled. :cheers:

I did see a different view, which was by far the best view I'd seen, on the telecast of The Bend round that certainly seemed to have an air gap. It still wasn't 100% (like your video isn't 100% as there's still no air gap shown ;)) but I'd say that I'm pretty convinced (99.9%) SVG didn't actually touch ADP... so yes, that part, the part I also said many times previously that I couldn't really tell anyway, and that it wasn't really relevant whether he did or didn't hit ADP to him acting like a dick and in an unsporting manner, is settled :sly:

Did they settle it and move on? Sure. But that doesn't take away SVG's dick/unsportsmanlike behavior beforehand that occurred because he was angry.

Last edited:
Murphy/Stanaway Wildcard livery revealed. Going to be honest, I preferred the simplicity of the test livery they had. This still looks good though. Nice to see Boost doing something different from their usual thing.

FaFo45kakAAXbC0

Murphy/Stanaway Wildcard livery revealed. Going to be honest, I preferred the simplicity of the test livery they had. This still looks good though. Nice to see Boost doing something different from their usual thing.

FaFo45kakAAXbC0
I like the livery. But I would've thought they'd use the dayglow orange the colour that matches the logo. Other than that with the small kiwis all over the wrap it looks, if you don't mind me saying, pretty sick bro.

Strange to say considering he does have a race win to his name but is Jack Le Brocq low key the most improved driver this year? The T8 built Commodore seems to be working well for him.

This is a no-brainer imho. That and bring back the Enduro Cup.
It makes sense to do as GT and Jamie said it gives the younger guys more time to show what they got instead of pretty much going to Bathurst cold turkey.

I had no idea it wasn't an enduro until I asked myself, "How are they doing two races in one day?". Shows how much I've been following the news. :lol:

I had no idea it wasn't an enduro until I asked myself, "How are they doing two races in one day?". Shows how much I've been following the news. :lol:
Haha opposite for me. I was real confused when they they started doing a Top 10 Shootout for a sprint round.

Congratulations to @Mad94d for taking out the eSeries championship!
Thank you! What a result, i'm soooo bloody happy! A huge 6 weeks of commitment to make it happen but fantastic result not only for myself but the whole team at Brad Jones Racing! Certainly come a long way since starting competitive sim racing at GTPlanet way back in 2008.

Thank you! What a result, i'm soooo bloody happy! A huge 6 weeks of commitment to make it happen but fantastic result not only for myself but the whole team at Brad Jones Racing! Certainly come a long way since starting competitive sim racing at GTPlanet way back in 2008.
Here’s hoping you get that test with BJR. 😎

Yeah, it's been too stressful since the Erebus days.

TCR, TCM, TransAm, S5000, production cars, literally so much to do.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm surprised.
Me either. Three drivers into two seats was never going to work.

Payne was already assured of a drive and I doubt Reynolds has got any decent choices other than where he is now so he'll resign.

Hopefully a reunion with Mostert is on the cards for Lee next year. They need to get the band back together.

Last edited:
Here’s hoping you get that test with BJR. 😎
Have been lucky enough to have two tests already in the last two years... Here's hoping we get that opportunity again this year! I'll let you know if I end up heading to Winton again. :)

2021 - drove Nick Percat's ZB Commodore. Absolutely unbelievable experience! 2020 we drove the Super3 VE Blueprint cars, still bloody cool.

Last edited:
''Racing is the traditional pair of 250km affairs which was restored in 2017 while, as had become customary, the Repco Supercars Championship field will be on-track for all four days of the event, the category has announced via its official website.''

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back