2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
Didn't see the first race today sadly. But catching up on Twitter. I'm glad that Will Brown is okay, I'd be surprised though if that chassis is racing at Bathurst, the damage looks really bad.

Last edited:
Great race. A real shame that Pukekohe is closing, it's legitimately one of the worlds greatest and most spectacular motorsport venues. Anyone designing tracks should look at it before they try jam 21 corners into 5km of track.

For those (like me) who are gutted at losing Pukekohe, there is one little bit of good news ... It's coming to iRacing !!
So just like Oran Park, we lose it but gain it back in it's full laser scanned goodness via iRacing :).

I am thankful to a good friend of mine who let me drive his race car around Pukekohe a few times back in the days, such a fast bumpy track, fully loved every second of it... Just want it on iRacing right now though !!

Should be seeing it real soon.
1663205850584.png

I don't know what will come of it. If it's referring to the post-race "discussion" in the Erebus garage with Frosty. Probably the worst thing that will come out of it will be a fine imo.
Barry Ryan could be in a spot of bother. Fine and maybe a short suspension???

Untitled.png

Another manufacturer should put their hand up. The Mustang looks too new to not have a just as new car, next to it on the grid.

We’re not trying to build a cheap racecar, we’re trying to build a good product that will last us for a good amount of time.
I'm sorry? Wasn't one of the big selling points of Gen3 was that it was going to be significantly cheaper than the previous cars and help lower costs for teams. What's the point then? This really has become a mess.

Last edited:
The two main reasons of Gen3:
1. Cutting Costs
2. Improving the on-track product

As mentioned before they failed to cut down the costs of building and running these new cars. There are some rumours that at QR tests that the new cars are braking later than the current cars which as we know is very difficult the follow at most tracks. But I hope it's not true. But it's not looking great.

Back