2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

I watched the first 30 minutes or so on Youtube last night then fell asleep. So apparently the only way to see the first two practice sessions is on the WEC app? It's going to be interesting to see if the race itself is available on demand on Max after the live broadcast or will they have to wait until it hits the WEC Youtube channel.
No idea about the WEC app.

Max had the qualifying replay up right after the session, I watched the first part at work on my phone then the rest when i got home. MT+ still has no archive.

We'll see. The qualifying itself became available on demand, let's hope it's the same for the race, too.
Yeah we will see because I am certain that at some point during the race I'm going to fall asleep and miss something. It would be great to be able to go back and see it later in the day.

Green lights!

Contact with Hyper cars. Peugeot #94 and Toyota #8.

#59 McLaren GT3 in pits.

Last edited:
Yeah same here, MT+ is working though.
Spoke with Max support and she sounded clueless. "We're trying to get this fixed". She said there were multiple calls. I did ask her if the complete event was going to be available on demand later, "well I think there will be a recap" and I told her that was no good. The entire event needs to be available on demand. "Well like I said we're trying to get this fixed". Yeah right. I doubt very seriously that it will get fixed at all before the race is finished.

Last edited:
Actually quite surprised seeing Alpine (at his debut) more competitive than BMW. For Lamborghini and Isotta Fraschini I think this race is nothing more than an opportunity to gain mileage and experience with the new cars (also worth noting that right now IF has some trouble and is in the box).

Also, maybe Peugeot in this race has a great opportunity to give a good farewell to the 9X8 without the rear wing, the car has a great pace so far. Also considering that Ferrari and Toyota are not at their best, only Porsches are really competitive.

I wonder how long Toyota will stick with the WEC at this point. Their desire to develop hybrid technology has very little future in this new era of the LMH/LMDh where anybody that builds a better car will get BOP'd into oblivion vs the spec GTP's. If they want to race then it would be a lot cheaper to get a Oreca LMP2 tub, stick a Lexus grill on it, drop the RC/F 5.0 V8 in the back and call it the hybrid max.

It is also interesting that Martin, Graham, and Ant cant seem to figure out/wont say why the Toyota is losing to a car that weighs 41kg/90 lbs less.

I wonder how long Toyota will stick with the WEC at this point. Their desire to develop hybrid technology has very little future in this new era of the LMH/LMDh where anybody that builds a better car will get BOP'd into oblivion vs the spec GTP's. If they want to race then it would be a lot cheaper to get a Oreca LMP2 tub, stick a Lexus grill on it, drop the RC/F 5.0 V8 in the back and call it the hybrid max.

It is also interesting that Martin, Graham, and Ant cant seem to figure out/wont say why the Toyota is losing to a car that weighs 41kg/90 lbs less.
I was just thinking that I hope that Toyota don't quit just when the series is getting seriously competitive again.

Toyota have flown the flag for the top level of endurance racing for years, but it does need to be said that they haven't had a great deal of serious competition for a large chunk of that time - for that reason alone, I hope that Toyota stick around and show that they can still compete when the field has massively expanded. That said, there needs to be a strong chance of a non-Toyota car winning the tournament this year and going forward - Toyota's domination does need to end at some point.

I was just thinking that I hope that Toyota don't quit just when the series is getting seriously competitive again.

Toyota have flown the flag for the top level of endurance racing for years, but it does need to be said that they haven't had a great deal of serious competition for a large chunk of that time - for that reason alone, I hope that Toyota stick around and show that they can still compete when the field has massively expanded. That said, there needs to be a strong chance of a non-Toyota car winning the tournament this year and going forward - Toyota's domination does need to end at some point.
I agree, I think that Toyota needs to stay in the series right now to prove that they can compete again others big manufacturers. It wouldn't be a great deal to quit right now, anyone then could sentence: "So you liked winning only again Glickenhaus, Rebellion, etc.?"

Last edited:
Back