24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,479 views
Ouch! Those Audi headlights are really... bright! Daylight on wheels!

That'll keep awake all of us that are doing an all-nighter here! :lol:. (Well, hopefully!)
 
Ouch! Those Audi headlights are really... bright! Daylight on wheels!

And they're freaking BIG. The lamps are enormous, got dammit.
 
Michael Waltrip just said he would rather win the Daytona 500. That guy's an idiot.
 
In what way is the daytona 500 better than the 24h of le mans?
Btw, he already won the daytona 500 twice
 
Michael Waltrip just said he would rather win the Daytona 500. That guy's an idiot.

Exactly how does that make him an idiot?
 
2 GT cars off.
 
Michael Waltrip just said he would rather win the Daytona 500. That guy's an idiot.

Really??? I didn't heard that, but coming to think of it, I'm glad I didn't heard it. Making a favour for the NASCAR driver stereotype...
 
Really??? I didn't heard that, but coming to think of it, I'm glad I didn't heard it. Making a favour for the NASCAR driver stereotype...

I don't remember hearing it myself but if he did, I doubt he was serious.


On another topic, I read some time ago that Toyota is exclusively supplying engines to Lola Customers (or was it something else?), wonder if that may be a indicator of them slowly putting together a factory effort. Either way, its great to see Toyota and Nissan back in Sportscar racing one way or another.
 
I don't remember hearing it myself but if he did, I doubt he was serious.

He better be joking :lol:!

DRAT!!! Lotterer in the pits! AND GENE WASN'T ABLE TO TAKE THE LEAD!!! :D:D:D
 
It is an opinion of the person, but I assume that Rossy was meaning to his (Ross) eyes, he puts more value on winning Le Mans 24 outright over the Daytona 500 as Le Mans is longer, tougher and so difficult to win with all the variabilities and reliabilities required to win and go the distance.
 
Wow, audi #2 actually managed to keep the lead after the pitstop
 
So, SPEED's live stream went back to TV, but i'm nt at home. Anyone like to give me a link to a working stream, please?
 
What happened to Jota?!
 
#79 Jota Aston has retired for some reason. :(
 
Wow. Is it me or is that a Pug 908 with the most FANTASTIC day-glo orange I have ever seen?!

I love it!
 
56 BMW in the garage, JMB ferrari off.
 
So if I'm staying up until 8am tomorrow when the race ends locally, what's a good time to stop drinking? I don't want to be a morning drinker. :lol:
 
Aww, 56 BMW pushed into the garage :(
 
Can't wait to see some glowing brakes accented nicely during the night.
 
RML have dropped like a stone down the leaderboard...
 
So if I'm staying up until 8am tomorrow when the race ends locally, what's a good time to stop drinking? I don't want to be a morning drinker. :lol:

Latest I ever drank was roughly 6am. Mind you, I was quite far gone. And that was a long long long night, brought on by the World Cup and some ODD and bizzare time zone differences (Was in Shanghai during SA World Cup events).

Say....if you stopped around 4am, that should be ok..... 5am would be pushing it a bit... 6am is practically morning. 7am would put you in the drunkard category. To the end...that's alkie stuff. Mind you, to toast the winner, that's acceptable :-).

EDIT: CHRIST..... Dusk is the most dangerous time to race....almost can't see anything in front of the car, when the camera goes in the cockpit.
 
That sunset from the entrance of the Porsche curves looks really nice
 
Not sure if anybody is watching the speed coverage here, But those random people the reporter talked with was entertaining! Especially the guy in the blue shirt who said "i'm a pervert" Hilarious!
 
Anyone know why?

The engine lost power and they had to pull it into the garage for repairs. Took about 15 minutes.

 
Back