24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,471 views
Anthony Davidson again on Twitter, saying Pug/Audi is not as close as he thought it would be. They're running with fuel saving on mind.
 
One of the BMWs is back in the race.
 
With more than 16 hours to go, I'll refuse to discard BMW just yet. There's still enough time for them to fight their way up to the Corvettes. Or for a Peugot to knock the 'Vettes of the track :lol:
 
Le Mans looks so pictueresque...
 
With more than 16 hours to go, I'll refuse to discard BMW just yet. There's still enough time for them to fight their way up to the Corvettes. Or for a Peugot to knock the 'Vettes of the track :lol:

Or for a Peugeot to begin blowing conrods :lol::lol::lol:. Joking aside, I'm agree with you. I'm not discarding my favourite for GTE-Pro just yet.

Just to make some chat with you guys, which are your favourites?

Mines are:
LMP1: Audi (If there was any doubt...)
LMP1.5 (LMP1 Petrol): Pescarolo
LMP2: Signatech Nissan (Go Lucas Ordonez!!!)
GTE-PRO: BMW :D.
GTE-AM: Doran Ford-GT (Husband & Wife racing team FTW!)
 
Jota Aston out...
 
Just to make some chat with you guys, which are your favourites?

LMP1: Audi. Bit biased due to my nationality, though.
LMP1 Petrol: Rebellion Racing.
LMP2: Signatech Nissan (Not because of Lucas, though.)
GTE-PRO: BMW, hands down. Overall favourite, too. I mean, look at my avatar...
GTE-AM: Flying Lizard Motorsport.
 
MrMulsanne
Le Mans looks so pictueresque...

I'm surprised how well the game captures the day/night transition.

73 Corvette just dropped 2 places while pitting. #4 in GTE pro now.
 
LMP1 diesel: Audi
LMP1 non-diesel: Rebellion (very nice paintjob + Dutch driver)
LMP2: Strakka
GTE-PRO: BMW (Obvious)
GTE-AM: Gulf AMR
 


Mandatory V8 Corvette video.
 
LMP1 don't care
LMP 2 Signa tech Nissan
GTE PRO Corvette
GTE AM Aston Martin
 
P1: Audi #3, but that´s gone, so any Audi will do...
P1.5: Rebellion #12
P2: RML or Signatech Nissan. None of them doing very well...
GTE-pro: Luxury racing #59
GTE-am: any Flying Lizard
 
LMP1 diesel: Audi
LMP1 non-diesel: Rebellion (very nice paintjob + Dutch driver)
LMP2: Strakka
GTE-PRO: BMW (Obvious)
GTE-AM: Gulf AMR-One

Sorry, I just had to :lol:
 
I'd say unless the Audi #2 suffers from any technical difficulties or incidents, they have it in the bag. They clearly have the pace to counter Peugeot's fuel advantage, although Audi's pitstops are shorter due to taking less fuel onboard.

GTE-am: any Flying Lizard

Except there's only one Flying Lizard in that class. The #80 participates in the GT-PRO class.
 
I'd say unless the Audi #2 suffers from any technical difficulties or incidents, they have it in the bag. They clearly have the pace to counter Peugeot's fuel advantage, although Audi's pitstops are shorter due to taking less fuel onboard.

That's exactly what I was thinking. In case Audi engineers think they want to offset Peugeot's fuel advantage, they always can take more fuel onboard and voila. Still, it's Le Mans: until the checkered drops no one has won.
 
They were talking about amber headlights and the normal white ones, I did no understand completely what they were talking about. Why do some cars have amber?
 
LMP1: Peugeot (my avatar clearly gives it away)
LMP1.5: Pesky. Would have been Aston if their car wasn't a complete wreck :boggled:
LMP2: Signatech Nissan
GTE-PRO: Don't really know. Like BMW and Corvette's at the same time... :boggled: and also I like Jota too just to add confusion.
GTE-AM: Gulf AMR
 
Which part?

The GTE-AM class... Due to the AMR-one being overtaken by GTE cars at the very beginning of the race... Guess it was just a bad joke.
 
LMP1: Audi
LMP2: ORECA
GTEPRO: Corvette
GTEAM: Larbe

GT cars have Amber lights, prototypes have white. Same with different colour numbers.
 
They were talking about amber headlights and the normal white ones, I did no understand completely what they were talking about. Why do some cars have amber?

It's the rules... The Prototypes have the white lights, GTE cars are running with the yellow ones.
 
The GTE-AM class... Due to the AMR-one being overtaken by GTE cars at the very beginning of the race... Guess it was just a bad joke.

I just like the car, I don't really take the GTE-AM class very serious
 
I'd say unless the Audi #2 suffers from any technical difficulties or incidents, they have it in the bag. They clearly have the pace to counter Peugeot's fuel advantage, although Audi's pitstops are shorter due to taking less fuel onboard.



Except there's only one Flying Lizard in that class. The #80 participates in the GT-PRO class.

Haha! Serves me right! I don´t really have any interest in the am class, and in pro, I don´t pay any attention to Porsche....
 
LMP1: Minassian/Sarrazin/Montagny
LMP1.5: Any Pescarolo
LMP2: Lucas & Friends
GTEP: Either Corvette or Waltrip's Ferrari
GTEA: Krohn Racing
 
Darn, back to Eurosport 2 and thus from HD to SD :(
 
On board in the dark... OMG
 
The in car cam for the 73 corvette is amazing now. Those amber headlights are crap!
 
I just like the car, I don't really take the GTE-AM class very serious

I was talking about the LMP1 car, which was overtaken by some GTE car, that was suppossed to be the funny part :D
 
Gene off.... gone to chippy eurosport lol.
 
Back