24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
I might have missed something but what happened to the Level 5 Motorsport's LOLA? And the AMR-one LMP1 are quite slow...

It hasn't been out on track yet as far as I know. Don't know what the problem is.

Speedtrap for the Corvette: 288km/h! Not far off what the GT1 C6.R used to do.

Last edited:
Le Mans 24 minutes on Eurosport 2 + HD in 5 mins. Michael Waltrip is the guest today.

Strange question: F1 famously has 18000 horsepower. So have any of the le mans sites worked out how many stallions are running around la sarthe on sunday?

OK, so Le Mans 24 minutes isn't on just yet becuase of stupid tennis.

sorry if this has been answered earlier, but what is the 24minutes program?

Eurosport is doing some kind of daily magazin, previewing the race ahead, reviewing past races and showcasing some of the teams.

Also mentioned Audi did the fastest lap today.

It hasn't been out on track yet as far as I know. Don't know what the problem is.

Just got some words that the #33 Level 5 has got some sort of fuel issues and they're still fixing it ahead of the qualifying session.

EDIT: #20 Zytek will also miss the first part of the qualifying due to some damage on the car.

EDIT: #76 IMSA Porsche will not be seen in the qualifying today due to the crash earlier. The car is being striped down for further repairs.

Last edited:
any streams up for us in the US for tonights qualifying?

You can try this... Just click on British Eurosport 2 then it'd be all good ;)

Anyways, there seems to be some sort of problem for the #64 Lotus Evora. Yet to come out... The #007 Aston is running but now the #009 is in the pit after an off somewhere at the Mulsanne straight between the two chicanes.

EDIT: Driveshaft problem for the #22 Kronos Aston...

Just turned on a live stream to the qualy just as it happened. Talk about a hard hit good thing it happened in arnage since its the slowest corner. if that would have happened else where it would have been much worse.

#1 Audi just had an accident at the Mulsanne corner with an Aston. I believed to be the #60 Gulf Aston Martin... He touch the kerb and slammed on the brakes. Too late, the car went straight onto the side of the Aston. Quite some damage to the front...

A night and day full of bad luck for the Aston Martin, doesn't matter LMP or GT.

EDIT: Romain Dumas of #1 Audi just complained to why there was no yellow flag at the corner.

Last edited:
NapoleonMickey, it was Mulsanne corner, not Arnage. Have no news on the condition of the Aston or its driver, but Dr. Ulrich was saying the Audi is heavily damaged, so I can only guess the Aston to be all but destroyed :nervous:

EDIT - Lucas Ordonez driving now 👍

Finally the #33 Level 5 Lola made it onto the track, already setting faster lap time than the #009 Aston.

EDIT: The #83 JMB Ferrari has been smoking earlier in the session but now they're reporting some more serious thing as the smoke still apear...

EDIT: The #22 Kronos Aston has just made its way back out again on board with Vanina Ickx despite the report earlier of retiring tonight's qualifying session.

EDIT: The #60 Gulf Aston has just made its way to the paddock which got hit by the Audi earlier. Some damage done to the bodywork of the Aston and possibly steering/suspension damage. Not too serious.

Last edited:
Not that I hate Dr. Ulrich, but his attitude of bursting his bubbles on the BMW guys last year was idiotic and that's why I have a bit of feeling to not liking him. Other than that, he's much more of a normal guy.

Back