24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
You can fast forward the time 3x normal speed in B-spec so it should tehroetically take you 8hours, but after you pit the time advancement is set back to standard so if you have to set it back to 3x manually.

05_Stang - I really wish I could provide pictures,but I STILL have no idea what to buy in order to transfer something like that from my PS2 onto my computer ;_;. I'm getting a job soon,so I'll want to buy one,but I don't even know what the name of it is..*HINT HINT* *NUDGE NUDGE* but..I will DEFINITELY be writing down the results of this 24 hour endurance race and keep the wonderful GT Enthusiasts informed on how it went XD! Hahaha,I may even spend my 5-15 minutes breaks posting in here about how everything is going every 6 hours,lol. Depends on how tired I am and if I feel like moving ._. . Ack X_X..I can't believe this is taking place tomorrow though >_>;..maybe I should've moved the date back a little bit? Eh..oh well..I've already told myself that I'm going to do it tomorrow,soooo...when 3:00 P.M. comes along,I will be sitting down playing COUNTLESS hours of GT4 on ONE race...NOT in B-Spec Mode XD

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. Sorry everyone! I believe I should have already stated this,but..I forgot to mention the things I have bought for preparations to the race,hahaha. The items are as follows:

1 Box of White Cheddar Cheez-its
2 48 pack boxes of ORIGINAL Slim Jim
2 Bags of KC Masterpiece Barbecue Chips
2 boxes of a dozen (in each box) fortune cookies ^.^
1 box of Strawberry Pocky (bought from an Asian market about 45 minutes from here XD)
2 24 packs of Mountain Dew (JUST IN CASE..make SURE I don't run out,haha)
1 pack of 16 AA HeavyDuty batteries (for my cd player of course ^.^)
and I forget how many rolls are in the wrapping,but I think about 9 rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper as well XD (just in case I have to "PIT" lol..besides..I was out of toilet paper anyways,this is just a survival item like the rest of them though,hahaha)

haha,anyways,THESE items are going to help me survive through the 24 Hour Endurance Race,so I'll probably even tell you what I used and what stayed in tact after I finish the race,lol

GT-One Lover you can speed time up, so you can run the race in B-Spec at x1 speed, x2 speed or x3 speed, so a 24 hour race at x3 speed only takes 8 hours or so (it will take a bit longer because you have to slip back into single spped time for a short while every thime you pit, and in 24 hours you are going to be pitting MANY times).

i didnt read the whole thead so if this was said just ignore it or use it as comformation. I leave my PS2 running almost all the time. I just pause when i'm done and resume when i come back. Yes i am on my second PS2 and it may well be because of this but i've had this one sense july 2002 with no problums... just so youd know.

b

quoted from smellysocks12: "You'd be better off ruining your PS2 with leaving it on for a week than by staying up playing a game 24 hours non-stop and ruin your heart."

hmmm..well,at least I'll die from heart disease thanks to GT4,rather than something deadly like smoking :sly:

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

hahaha,someone needs to quote me on that someday :P

Your PS2 will be fine Cudadude2. Just make sure your room isn't overly hot.

AE86, your better off doing it tommarrow, if you put it off you won't want to do it as much later. Also you have already set a time and freed your shedual. Just my opinion though.

oh yeah Stang,I would DEFINITELY be better off doing it tomorrow like I plan to,but it's just kinda hard for me to believe,me..doing something THIS extreme..in like..almost 24 hours from now,lol. I mean,I've never raced for 24 hours,much less,done ONE thing for 24 hours straight. That's why I'm actually kinda hesitant on taking breaks even,cause if I sit back down..I may not feel like doing it anymore..I may get this idea like,"Eh..forget this..I'll just finish it up later" and end up sleeping for a little bit,then coming back to it,but nooooo..no way =P. I'm gonna do this in ONE sitting. All I need now is all your support and luck guys ^.^! Cause to tell ya the truth,everybody here that I've told,like my friends and such around here tell me I can't do it -.-'. They just give me the whole,"Ya know..honestly..I don't think it's really possible. I mean,you probably COULD...but it's almost impossible to race on one track for that long",so wish me luck guys =^.^=!

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

Good luck, I hope you make it.👍 I'm planning on doing something similar when GT4 comes out here in the US. If you are worried about your PS2 overheating just place a small fan nearby blowing cool air across it, and across you if you start sweating bullets.:scared: The only thing I'm worried about is the DFP glitching out at a critical moment.:crazy:

Good Luck again AE86! Just dont load up on caffine to early in the day, or you might start getting sleepy half way through the race once the sugar rush it gone! Also during one of your breaks, or all of them, you might wanna wash your face and get those sleepies out of your eyes!

In the words of rob Schnieder. "You can do eet! You can do eet all night long!"

Good luck man, i think its possible, but i wouldnt do by myself. When GT4 comes out im gonna do it with my mate hehehe... thats one i thing i cant wait for.

Dont forget to report so we know if your still alive. :P

Just make sure you don't get too sleepy and forget to watch the gasoline meter. One of the worst things ever would be to sputter.....sputter..........engine shut down, due to an empty gastank.
You barreling along the straight at 280 km/h, after 23 hours of racing, one eye open, the other already closed and there goes your speed 280...270...200...100.....0. Outta gas! Then you're sooooo ****ed.

So keep that in mind and for the rest, all the luck and try to win it, cause coming in 5th after 24 hours is not what you want!

Well, I know with the new PS2's (slimline). They get quite warm, so while I'm playing Ace Combat 5, I put a desk fan with three speeds and put it on low, about two feet away and point it at the PS2. Been play for like 5 hours and I check the heat level and it's very low than without the fan. So, that's what I've been doing everytime I turn it on.

Jeramy

hahaha,no need to worry about gasoline ^.^,I tend to look at that more than my tyres now,lol. Nice feature though 👍. Well..it's coming closer and closer to "Doomsday Hour" (well...okay..HOURS) and ack x_x..I got hungry earlier and ate half my box of cheez-its already >.<! It was better than the meatloaf my cousin cooked earlier :crazy:! Eh..looks like I'm gonna have to ration or something now..must occupy...mind...*goes to watch anime now* ahhh,I'm already tired ;_;. Grrrr...cursed tennis >.<. Yes,I played tennis early this morning for about an hour and thirty minutes,then went back out this evening for almost three hours..sorry for not replying sooner than this ._. . So now I'm tired..grrr..I better not be tomorrow....oh well..the only thing that will keep me pushin' is,"Gotta..make it...to the next 6 hours...for my break...must...piss....o.o..." or the cliche "I can't let them down...they are cheering me on....I must...I can't LOSE!" (referring to all you guys XD) but if at ALL possible..after I finish the race,maybe I can crawl over to my computer chair,then type a couple of words to let you guys know I'm alive o.o,hahaha..or I might just wait till I wake up waaaay later,lol..who knows :lol:

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

You better goto bed man. If I was you I would try to wake up at 2pm an hour before the race so you only have to be up 25 hours instead of more. Also dont forget to save.

Wow, you guys are crazy. And I thought Gran Turismo 3 2hr races were hard. But 24hrs, thats just insane. For the 2hr ones I play half way call some friends over and we just keep going. Switching every now and then. Taking Pee Breaks and what not :lol: then after we finish we go eat some where :). Thats just me though. I don't know about the 24hr races, might work for it though.

Well, best of luck to you AE86Driver from Wizard-san :D
I hope you make it through alright, and keep us updated/not worried (maybe drop a line or two here during one of your breaks, to let us know how it is going 👍 )

I don't know if I will use A-Spec for these 24 hours endurance races... the two hours ones (EDIT: in GT3) were pretty boring, so, I can only imagine how boring they would be if they were 12 times longer! Knowing me, I'll probably end up doing them myself, though... I never let a challenge down, and I can be as stubborn as a rock... so, probably/most likely no B-Spec for me in those races.

Good luck! :cheers:

The Wizard.

AE86Driver

To make things easier, why dont you keep a portopotty (is that how you spell it? :dunce: ) in your room as your seat when your playing? That way when you gotta go, you can still be able to play at the same time........just not be able to concentrate as hard, lol. :sly:

Get a a few friends togeather and do the 24 hour races. Jimmy Enslashay, Blake, me and one of Blakes friends might be doing it togeather this may.:D

I found the 2 hour endurances boring, after 24 hours I think I'd attempt to hang myself with the dual shock controller cable...

Here's a thought... during the 24 hours, does the time of day change (in the game!!! wiseass's :) ), so you drive both night and day 👍
or is it just daytime all the way through 👎
??

CSS
Here's a thought... during the 24 hours, does the time of day change (in the game!!! wiseass's :) ), so you drive both night and day 👍
or is it just daytime all the way through 👎
??

Judging from earlier threads on this very same topic, it remains daylight all the time... :(

T5-R
I found the 2 hour endurances boring, after 24 hours I think I'd attempt to hang myself with the dual shock controller cable...

Three words for you buddy; Driving Force Pro;)

Well i've waited too long for this game, so i'm gonna squeeze every last second I can get outta GT4 - Which means doing every race in A-SPEC mode, no shortcuts for me, the longer the game takes to complete, the better?

Ans just outta interest, do B-SPEC points give you something different that A-SPEC points don't give u, cos A spec points determine what cars u unlock or something?

Touring Mars
Judging from earlier threads on this very same topic, it remains daylight all the time... :(

Fair enough... the reason why i ask the question is, that when i type in "24 Hour" or something similar in the search box, it comes up with 13 pages, and i didn't really wanna go through all of them to find the answer. So forgive me for repeating an already answered question. :)

beijingracer to get the different speeds click R1 during the B-Spec race to get the Stats screen (the none car view), then press and hold L1 and then right on the D-Pad once for x2 and twice for x3 speed, this only stays on while you are in this screen and automatically switches back to normal speed during a pit stop, so don't forget to re-do it after the stop.

Back