24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
Darts
Oke, before you start already call 911 oke, so you don't die, just use b spec man!!

Well, I can't imagine the 24hr with b-spec. It just seems wrong.

I (together with with 2 other friends) am planning to make 24Hr straight, non-stop.

Two hours, switch driver 👍

There will be 12 changes and each driver will take over for 4 times. 4 hours of rest after the take over of other.

It MUST be 24Hs, it is a challenge for us. It will be satisfying when it finishes and the worrying thought of all that money spent on a PS2/GT4 just vanishes away.

JBR-Man

I (together with with 2 other friends) am planning to make 24Hr straight, non-stop.

There will be 12 changes and each driver will take over for 4 times. 4 hours of rest after the take over of other.

It MUST be 24Hs, it is a challenge for us. It will be satisfying when it finishes and the worrying thought of all that money spent on a PS2/GT4 just vanishes away.

best of luck

JBR-Man

its not for all, specially when you have 14 years only :crazy: :indiff: :yuck: :grumpy: :scared: :guilty: :nervous:

Being 22 work gets in the way, besides I don't want to sit at my PS2 for 24hrs and I don't know anyone personally who would want to sit at a PS2 for 24hrs. Even weekends are a no go, I'm not looing forward to thoes races at all, even with B-Sepc at full speed I'm never going to be around or sat infront of the TV for 8-9hrs, it's going to be a real pain in the ass.

He would start today, saturday 22nd on 1500. I don't know which timezone he's in so not sure how long he has been at it already, but my guess he's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on the sofa, his R32 parked around a tree.

No, joking, I hope he's in first, going steady as a rock. Pretty cool that something so increeeeeeeeedibly useless and potentially frustrating to death can be so much fun

Hello everyone ^.^!! This is the latest update. It sounds like you guys are really looking forward to hearing my legendary experience after the "Drive of my Life",huh? Hehehe,I'm actually really looking forward to it. And yes,this 24 Hour Endurance Race will be performed in my Jet Black (I know that's not the actually name of the paint) BNR32 '89 model =D. I made a few adjustments to my preperations this morning when I woke up. My breaks will be every 2 hours instead,so I can get the full potential out of everything I bought to prepare for this race. Because I figured..well...with a break every 6 hours,I wouldn't drink that many Mountain Dews,much less eat too much of anything to keep energy in my body. But if I take a break every 2 hours instead,I can eat and drink quite often and give you guys LIVE coverage XD! I will continue to give you coverage till about the 12th hour,then I will go solo. Sorry guys,but after 12 hours of racing,I think I will need to keep to myself to contain my mental stability of concentration rather than "wasting" my physical and mental energy typing on here. By the way,I don't EXACTLY what timezone I am in right now,but right now it is 1:15 P.M. so I will be starting the race in about and hour and 45 minutes =O! Thanks for all the support guys ^.^! Hahaha,Wizard-san actually showed up too huh? Sankyuu~ =^.^=! Hahaha,I will become one of the few of GTPlanet as a legend of completing a 24 Hour Race in A-Spec Mode,hahahaha. Well..that's all for now,but I'll be thinking about you guys when taking my breaks and inform you up to hour 12,so keep in touch and check out the updates! Here is a list of the cds I have picked out to listen to throughout the endurance race,since I have calculated it,and if every cd was exactly 70 minutes long,it would take me 21 cds before I would be finished,and I would be about 40 minutes into the 21st cd,but anyways ----

10 Super Eurobeat Presents... CDs
4 to 5 Initial D cds (Thank you Millenium Box and Battle Stage XD!)
2 T.M. Revolution cds
2 /\ucifer cds
1 X Japan cd
6 Prince of Tennis cds (there are multiple vocal songs through these cds,so lots of change ^.^)
4 Trance cds (Hmmm..I don't know what exactly is on these,because I just labelled them Trance Volume 1,Trance Volume 2,etc.,hahaha)
2 Alice Deejay cds (Since I want to hear my personal favorite, "Elements of Life")
and last but not least,1 Two-Mix cd ^____^

So I've tossed a pretty big change in music together so I won't go CRAZY listening to just ONE specific genre the whole time. Well..that's all for now. My next coverage will be after the first 2 hours of racing,which SHOULD be around 5:00-5:30 my timezone..which..er..I don't know what it is o.o. Ah,I just found out! I'm in Central Time Zone. Yep..I'll keep you guys informed! Promise =^.^=!! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT EVERYONE!!

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. Just thought I'd include the little message I told my friend last night (the one that CONTINUES to deny the fact that I will be able to do this) these are the last words I said to him ----

Friend: "Dude..I still don't think you'll be able to do it"
Me: "Hahaha,I'll show you"
Friend: "Well..wh..what about sleep?"
Me: "Sleep? Screw that..I'm making history *click*"
:lol:

Good luck again AE86. If its not to much to ask, in your first update can we have your cars power and the other cars you are racing against? Also the track, altough I think you said the Nurb yesterday? Oh and good choice on the Initial D music too, that show has some pretty good stuff.

How is he making history, he's not the first to do a 24hr race.

Oh,most definitely Stang! Hohohohoho :embarrassed:. When I will be giving updates,I will provide the following -

My Fastest Lap Time at the moment
The car in 2nd so far,how far behind he is
What my current time is (TOTAL TIME)
and well..anything else you wish for me to include ^.^

my car has 739PS and it's going to stay that way for this race,lol. Even though it doesn't really matter,fast or slow..I still gotta race until the timer reaches 24 Hours,hahaha. But right now,I am eating a big Red Baron pepperoni pizza by MYSELF,hahaha..waaay too many pieces for me to eat by myself :lol:! Cause I weigh like,135 and I'm a little over 6 foot XD. I look skinny ._. . *grumbles* I'll probably look thinner after the race :lol:

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. Ah,and just for the fun of it,I'm going to attempt to give you announcer/cockpit LIVE updates when typing on here,hahaha. You will just have to wait and see what I mean,lol

I know,I know Live4Speed *bows lightly* please do not take that to the full extent of it's meaning ^.^;. Like I said before,I will be with the group of few at GTPlanet who has done this,much less on A-Spec Mode XD. Oh,and sorry for not specifying this inparticularly,but to me..this is making my own history too,because I've NEVER done something THIS extreme o.o. Sorry for the confusion everyone! I'm also enjoying all your support too,so I sound a little more into this than I should be probably,hahahaha

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

You could include also how many times you have to pit and how often, versus how many times and how often the AI pits... Also what type of tires are you going to use? Soft, Medium, Hard, Slick? (Don't know how they are called/defined in GT4).

The Wizard.

well.taking the results from the 4 Hour endurance race at Nurb,I'm going to say,I will have to pit every 3 laps,with my tyres in the yellow condition,and my gasoline meter a little below half-way (one bar maybe?) and the AI usually pits one or two laps after me,they all don't pit at the same time. One car will always pit before the others. Well,that's what happened in the last race anyways,lol. Ah,and I will be using S2 tyres. But I will keep you informed on results I have not posted yet,from the actual experience once it happens. I'm just saying,this will probably happen because it's at Nurb,and I'm with my R32 again,so I'm not expecting to be able to go an extra lap,or anything..mainly,the same pit procedures,hahaha. Anything else? ^.^

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

That ^ pretty much answered it, thank you. When does the race "officially" begin? (I meant, how much longer before you begin the 24 hours (torture) race? :D)

The Wizard.

live4speed
Being 22 work gets in the way, besides I don't want to sit at my PS2 for 24hrs and I don't know anyone personally who would want to sit at a PS2 for 24hrs. Even weekends are a no go, I'm not looing forward to thoes races at all, even with B-Sepc at full speed I'm never going to be around or sat infront of the TV for 8-9hrs, it's going to be a real pain in the ass.

You can do it in holidays, (if you don't want to offcourse not), but even my history teacher does it (with other games then).

I know that once I have GT4 I just want to do that 24 hours race and not just 9 hours or something, nnnoooooo it has to be like a real event, for me then offcourse. I think that when you do 24 hours I've really sacrifised a part of your holiday and I'll be really proud afterwards, when I do 9 hours it's more like a waist of time in my opinion and I won't have a real feeling like I've accomplished something. I'll do the whole thing on my own b.t.w.

edit: my history teacher is REALLY WEARD for a teacher, as you might have noticed

Yeah, I definitely agree with G-T-4-Fan... Letting the B-Spec running the race for you would be like not running it in the first place... In my opinion (threat it for what it is, an opinion) doing a race in B-Spec is just a way (an easy way) to complete the game faster and get to see that 100%. Doing it in A-Spec, on the other hand, will make you feel more satisfied, as, when you get that 100%, you'll know that you really did put in all the effort yourself and squeezed out of the game every possible drop of juice.

Only A-Spec for me... I already know it 👍 :D
I'll rather not do a race, than let the AI do it for me...

I'll probably try B-Spec sometimes, to see what it's like and to enjoy some "movies" of virtual/electronic racing... but I will only use A-Spec in my main game.

My 3 Cents... :D

The Wizard.

AE86Driver
I know,I know Live4Speed *bows lightly* please do not take that to the full extent of it's meaning ^.^;. Like I said before,I will be with the group of few at GTPlanet who has done this,much less on A-Spec Mode XD. Oh,and sorry for not specifying this inparticularly,but to me..this is making my own history too,because I've NEVER done something THIS extreme o.o. Sorry for the confusion everyone! I'm also enjoying all your support too,so I sound a little more into this than I should be probably,hahahaha

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~
Fair enough, good luck ;).

looking forward for report ... :D

and yes .. GOOD LUCK! you're gonna need it!

*after hearing the bells of my clock ring after the short hand reached the 3 and the long hand reached the 12,I had looked down slowly...brining a serious look to my face,whispering softly* It is time....*I had slowly got up from my computer chair and walked over towards my stack of Japanese PS2 games,slipping the case out of the cardboard box,then glance at the cover..reading "The Drive of your Life",then laugh softly* Heh..this is gonna be one hell of a drive of my life..that's for sure...*I had then taken the game out of the case with ease..slipping it into my PS2,then sit down..into the chair I would be stuck to for the following two hours,and the majority of the remaining twenty two..closing my eyes and hearing the vocals at the beginning..in the Opening sequencing..knowing,it was now or never* farewell...my friends *bows lightly*

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

AE86Driver
*..knowing,it was now or never* farewell...my friends *bows lightly*

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

It sounds more like suicide or something (well it is). Maybe I won't do it...... I don't know, once I went to a friend with some others from my class for a film marathon that WASN'T REALLY A..........."nice experience"..........following days I couldn't sleep at night and I HAD to sleep from the morning till the afternoon, maybe I shouldn't do it at all
:indiff: :scared:

Don't give up G-T-4-Fan... and you neither AE86Driver...
I know you all can do it 👍 It's just a matter of will power :sly:

Just plan it well, and do it over a weekend/holiday period, so you will have time to recover :D

The Wizard.

TheWizard
Don't give up G-T-4-Fan... and you neither AE86Driver...
I know you all can do it 👍 It's just a matter of will power :sly:

Just plan it well, and do it over a weekend/holiday period, so you will have time to recover :D

The Wizard.

I don't have the game yet so nothing to worry about (only AE86Driver though) I'm planning to do it in the summer holidays, but I'm 15 so I'm afraid I won't be allowed to do that 24 hours from my.....PARENTS 👎 I would try it secretly though(as if THAT would work)

24 hour enduros.... will be my un doing.

Considering I can't do the whole Miata enduro in GT3 in one sitting... these will all be done in B-spec mode now.. with me cleaning or something while thats going on..

G-T-4-Fan
I'm planning to do it in the summer holidays, but I'm 15 so I'm afraid I won't be allowed to do that 24 hours from my.....PARENTS 👎 I would try it secretly though(as if THAT would work)
:lol: Welcome to my club , got the same problem.

Back